• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best fried chicken in your city

Giant image warning

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/nI6jauP.jpg[/IMG]

Best fried chicken in tokyo is korean fried chicken. That's just reality.
I live in LA Koreatown, so there is literally like 4 of these Korean fried chicken joints within a mile of me. 77 Kentucky and Prince are the closest. The Prince is pretty famous and also does old school Korean roasted style. 77 Kentucky has more variety.

At funerals. Seriously, the best fried chicken I've ever had was at the funeral for one of my mom's old boyfriends. It was really weird to eat it because I was so sad but couldn't help thinking, "This chicken is so good."

There's a mexican friend chicken place in my city called Pollo Campero. They might be national (at least regional). Their fried chicken is the best I've ever had. The seasonings are miles beyond what I've ever had from normal American fried chicken and the breading is super thin and crispy.

Faiz

Village Anchor gets touted a lot. But it's kinda hoity-toity to go for fried chicken IMO.

Joella's is a pretty great, but I'm a little worried about how quickly they are expanding to "regional chain" level. Started in Louisville but now there are spots in I think Lexington, Cincinatti and Indianapolis. I actually heard so,e pretty awful things about the Indy location. Oh well, the one in my neighborhood is still great. Royals had better cred before they dumped on the bone chicken in favor of all-tenders. F that.

Chicken King is a family favorite but is really out of our way.

Quonny

Mine.

My fried chicken's not even super amazing, but everything here is pretty bland. Honestly, probably Chick-fil-A.

little local joint called Chaptico Market. Seasoned so well, not greasy but still juicy. lawd ;O

if you ever find your way to st. mary's co., md i'd say get you some, and get you some stuffed ham

8a544886f93868565dfed08e110fe8cc.jpeg

I was surprised, but a taste of their chicken blows the national chains out the water.

Laurel, MD btw. Midway between DC and Baltimore.

Fried chicken in the UK is generally very poor but the best in my city is The Chicken Run in Manchester. The place is basic and not in the nicest of areas but the quality is much better than appearances let on. Chicken split with a side of gravy is goood. It's also one of the better Caribbean places in Manchester but you aren't getting service with a smile though. Yard and Coop is ok, it is much better than the vast majority of what you can get from your standard UK chicken shops but is well overpriced for what it is.

Hobbles

Austin here: Gus Fried Chicken (another location of the Memphis restaurant) is worth trying to find parking downtown. I've heard good things about Lucy's, but have yet to try the place.

TK-421

NYC has a couple great places..

Hill Country Fried Chicken - Nice classic Southern style fried chicken. Delicious pies also available for dessert

Momofuku - This is an incredible dining experience that combines southern and korean style fried chickens. You need at least 4 people to get a (hard to get) reservation for it. Worth trying one time

Gnilres

Hot Chicken Takeover is the best I've had in Columbus. They have a closing time of 3PM because they always run out of chicken but they usually run out way before that.

The second location is opening up near where I live so I'm super excited.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I live in North Dakota so my options are pretty limited. I like Popeye's quite a bit, but my favorite place is a gas station over the river in Minnesota. They make amazing broaster chicken. It's so fucking good.

Lulubop

NYC:

The Commodore in Williamsburg.

Bob where's lunch counter in the East Village.

I know what's up when it comes to fried chicken here.

Austin here: Gus Fried Chicken (another location of the Memphis restaurant) is worth trying to find parking downtown. I've heard good things about Lucy's, but have yet to try the place.

Yep, we have one here in Oxford. Which saves me from driving to Memphis for it like I used to have to.

In Omaha there is a dive called Alpine Inn. They have the best fried chicken in the city by far. You get some bomb potato wedges and BBQ sauce. You also get a show and get to watch a bunch of Raccoons outside eating chicken scraps.

racoonz.jpg

cr0w

Old Member
You sir have won the thread!

fsa.gif

I'm sad the original location is shutting down and relocating. First time I ever went there, I saw a sweet little old church lady whack a homeless guy upside the head with her purse and throw him out.

McLovin

Not my city but Bonchon Chicken in Philadelphia(china town) has this crazy good soy/garlic chicken wings/drum sticks. They double fry it and it the skin super crispy and crunchy(they dont use flour either so you can get away with eating a few if your on low carb). Its located in a really smelly street though but dont let it discourage you. And if you went to one in Jersey or NYC their Bonchon chicken is terrible in comparison. Its crazy too because this place has like 3 1/2 stars on yelp.

highrider

Banned
DC metro area, we have a place called Chicken Basket that used to be great but it fell off. It depends on the owner and staff now. Little Tavern hamburgers too.. *cries

Hip Hop Chicken.

I don't know what they put on their stuff, it's probably just straight MSG, and it is delicious.

They also do fried chicken livers and they are great.

8a544886f93868565dfed08e110fe8cc.jpeg

I was surprised, but a taste of their chicken blows the national chains out the water.

Laurel, MD btw. Midway between DC and Baltimore.

Campero's on the other side of the potomac, too. Used to go there when I lived in Woodbridge, and I know they have one in Herndon, too.

Edit: That said, the real prize around the DMV isn't Fried, it's the Peruvian chicken joints.

Top Bottom