• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

best wired, relatively cheap, chat headset for the PS4

Metfanant

I currently have two headsets for my PS4...the Gold wireless set, and the Official "chat" headset below...

10266871.jpg

I love my Gold headset , and the chat headset worked fine for what it was, but it feels really cheap, and recently has stopped working very well. After about 15 minutes of gaming, the mic just seems to stop working. The Gold's are awesome, but i dont like wearing them as a "chat only" set because the muffle enough of the sound from my surround sound to be annoying for that...

So, im looking for the best wired headset to plug into my DS4 (compatibility with the Xbone would be nice as well)...id like something mono, over the ear (hate ear buds), that is relatively cheap ($20-$30 maybe), but well made...

also, im kinda a stickler for noise cancellation. so a quality mic would be nice...i dont really want to be "that guy" who has all the sound from the game im playing blasting into the ears of the rest of my party...

for a personal reference, i was always perfectly fine with the pack in headsets for the Xbox 360, so something of slightly better quality to them would be perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Metfanant

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K786AFE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I use this one. Works very well. Just a heads up if you plug in a headset mic and it set to mute, the mic will not work even if you unmute. You have to plug it in unmuted and then mute if you want.

for the price i decided to take a chance on this one and see how i like it. i noticed there is also an Xbone version for basically double the price. seems like its the same headset, but ditches the blue accent colors for all black, and includes the headset adapter?...

does the "PS4 version" work with the Xbone if i plug in the adapter?

Top Bottom