• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Dragon Ball Super english dub news coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it.
Toei Animation @ToeiAnimation
cyiogwlveaadle5qvl6n.jpg

We have big news regarding the US English dub of Dragon Ball Super coming soon!!
#DBS #DragonBallSuper

Edit: Short clip! Edit3: Switched to the YT link.

Edit2:
GOKU Seán Schemmel
VEGETA Christopher R. Sabat
BEERUS Jason Douglas
WHIS Ian Sinclair
KRILLIN Sonny Strait
GOHAN Kyle Hebert
BULMA Monica Rial
PICCOLO Christopher R. Sabat
TRUNKS Alexis Tipton
NARRATOR Doc Morgan
GOTEN Kara Edwards
CHI-CHI Cynthia Cranz
A18 Meredith McCoy
MR. SATAN Chris Rager
BUU Josh Martin
KING KAI Seán Schemmel
SHENRON Christopher R. Sabat
VIDEL Kara Edwards
YAMCHA Christopher R. Sabat
TIEN John Burgmeier
SHOU Chris Cason
ROSHI Mike McFarland
PUAR Brina Palencia
PILAF Chuck Huber
OX-KING Kyle Hebert
OOLONG Brad Jackson
MARRON Tia Ballard
KIBITO KAI Kent Williams
ELDER KAI Kent Williams
DENDE Justin Cook
CHIAOTZU Brina Palencia
MAI Colleen Clinkenbeard

This is the dub with Sean Schemmel, Chris Sabat and the others correct? If I was understanding correctly, there were two english dubs - USA and an Asian one.

I'm one of the few who refuses to watch DBZ in anything but English Funimation dub lol ;)

Voice cast!

GOKU Seán Schemmel
VEGETA Christopher R. Sabat
BEERUS Jason Douglas
WHIS Ian Sinclair
KRILLIN Sonny Strait
GOHAN Kyle Hebert
BULMA Monica Rial
PICCOLO Christopher R. Sabat
TRUNKS Alexis Tipton
NARRATOR Doc Morgan
GOTEN Kara Edwards
CHI-CHI Cynthia Cranz
A18 Meredith McCoy
MR. SATAN Chris Rager
BUU Josh Martin
KING KAI Seán Schemmel
SHENRON Christopher R. Sabat
VIDEL Kara Edwards
YAMCHA Christopher R. Sabat
TIEN John Burgmeier
SHOU Chris Cason
ROSHI Mike McFarland
PUAR Brina Palencia
PILAF Chuck Huber
OX-KING Kyle Hebert
OOLONG Brad Jackson
MARRON Tia Ballard
KIBITO KAI Kent Williams
ELDER KAI Kent Williams
DENDE Justin Cook
CHIAOTZU Brina Palencia
MAI Colleen Clinkenbeard

When we gonna get news on the Buu Saga Kai dub?

Oh and by the by I haven't watched Super yet, is that Mai with Trunks on that poster?

Sephzilla

I know I'll get some heat for this but I really wish they'd use the Faulconer score. I don't mind Super's score at all right now, but not hearing the kick ass US theme for Vegeta when he does something cool is going to feel very wrong.

I know Funimation and Bruce aren't on good terms anymore

Why does Trunks have blue hair instead of lavender? Ew.

I actually think he looks better with the blue hair

jax

Banned
Great. Now can they just pretend episode 28 is episode 1 so we don't have to sit through all of that for a 4th-5th time? Just dub those episodes later.

Daingurse

I know I'll get some heat for this but I really wish they'd use the Faulconer score. I don't mind Super's score at all right now, but not hearing the kick ass US theme for Vegeta when he does something cool is going to feel very wrong.

I know Funimation and Bruce aren't on good terms anymore

The Super score is decent, but I'd prefer either Faulconer or whoever did the Ocean Dub OST lol.

Isocr4cy

The only downside to skipping the movie arcs is missing the slice of life episodes before each one.

Edit: Just saw the reuploaded clip. Nice to see they aren't skipping the SoL episodes!

I highly doubt it'll use anything falconer. I hope it gets a new score for the US version. I like Super's score but I want to be able to experience it with a different take.

Isocr4cy

It's weird that they're posting the exact same preview as the Toonami Asia english dub. Maybe they're planning on airing at the same time?

NastyBook

Team FourStar bodies the dub cast. Jacked their styles and made them better. But there are still people out there that can't stand the subs, so congrats, I guess...

EDIT: They can use Falconer now. The Super music blows.

It's interesting they used Mr.Satan instead of Hercule.

I wonder if Toonami got Super after all unless this is from the Home Release.
I wish they kept it consistently Hercule in America. The games use Hercule (at least Xenoverse 1 and 2 do).

What was the falling out between Faulconer and Funimation? I heard that he plagiarized some tracks or that he sued Funimation or something?

NandoGip

hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyped

I wish they kept it consistently Hercule in America. The games use Hercule (at least Xenoverse 1 and 2 do).

What was the falling out between Faulconer and Funimation? I heard that he plagiarized some tracks or that he sued Funimation or something?

Nah, Hercule isn't the original name and was only created so they wouldn't offend evangelicals when it aired on TV.

They've been calling him Mr. Satan on the uncut dvds ever since their first Cell saga dub back in 2000.

Galang

Banned
But where is the Kai dub for buu? The wait would have been less painful for me if I had that to tide me over. Seems strange to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom