• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Dragon Ball Super english dub news coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, Hercule isn't the original name and was only created so they wouldn't offend evangelicals when it aired on TV.

They've been calling him Mr. Satan on the uncut dvds ever since their first Cell saga dub back in 2000.
Hercule is a better name and it's the definite name for the character in America.

Sephzilla

Considering Hercule/Mr Satan acts more like a professional wrestler/bodybuilder than anything that invokes the devil, I think Hercule is a more fitting name too.

Hercule is a better name and it's the definite name for the character in America.

America didn't make Dragon Ball, so I don't see why it would matter what he's called in a censored version of the show in another country.

Even his daughter's name is an anagram of the word Devil.

The dub clips are very fun, although Sean's King Kai is still...egggghhhhhh...but oh well. The dub's been a long time coming.

Yaaaaaaaay. I'm really fond of the DBZ dub cast, it's been great that they've managed to retain most of the actors over the years.

Piers

I hope they sk-
Great. Now can they just pretend episode 28 is episode 1 so we don't have to sit through all of that for a 4th-5th time? Just dub those episodes later.
— yeah.

Also fuck any Abridges beyond the early days of Yu-Gi-Oh.

Nepenthe

Glad to see the dub is moving ahead. Can't wait to hear Sean again in something new.

Just... can they somehow rewrite Goku to be far less of a dunce? Talk about flanderization.

Fj0823

Just....Just Fix Goku Black. Ok Schemmel?

He's a sly and condescending version of Goku, not The Bale Batman shit from Xenoverse 2.

Aiii

So not worth it
Listening to those clips, sjees.

If you enjoy it, more power to you, but I am so glad that it's no longer 1999 and we have simulcasts straight from Japan now.

KHlover

Banned
TFS is cringe.

Hercules voice sounds a little off. Not as deep as it used to be. I guess it's just age for the voice actor.
Pssh, hate all you want but TFS still has the best version of the Final Flash and Future Trunks becoming SSJ. Ironically they're at their best when it comes to giving the serious moments the respect they deserve.

Finally.

Does Piccolo have any good scenes in this series?

Who? It's difficult to remember all those side characters with little to no screen time

I am pretty sure the cat of Bulma's father had more screen time in the current arc than Piccolo

aadiboy

I know you guys like the comedy of TFS, I do too, but the voice acting is amateurish...because they're amateurs. They don't hold a candle to Funimation's voice talent. For example, put Krillin's TFS VA into a serious DBZ dub and it could maybe be acceptable in the 80s, but not in 2016.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Those clips sound amazing.

I'm all in for the Blu Ray release.

Nozawa KILLED it as Black though, Sean has his work cut out for him.

Also Beerus, Whis and Zamasu all have amazing Jap voice overs. I'll probably prefer those in the OG version.

I much prefer the Japanese version of Goku. Although the dub may attempt to make him less idiotic.

Finally.

Does Piccolo have any good scenes in this series?

There's a moment where you think he might actually defeat an alternate dimension Freeza. But then it all goes to shit.

You think people would give up on Gohan already.
Even in the movie he's a fucking nerd.

It's funny too because there seems like little reason as to whyd he stop besides being a better family man than his dad.

Goten not being super into battle makes sense with chichi raising him like a proper kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom