• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Dragon Ball Super english dub news coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
Those clips sound amazing.

I'm all in for the Blu Ray release.

Nozawa KILLED it as Black though, Sean has his work cut out for him.

Also Beerus, Whis and Zamasu all have amazing Jap voice overs. I'll probably prefer those in the OG version.
I like japanese Whis more than funi Whis, but Beerus is really great in the US version, too.

Ray Down

Banned
Even in the movie he's a fucking nerd.

It's funny too because there seems like little reason as to whyd he stop besides being a better family man than his dad.

Goten not being super into battle makes sense with chichi raising him like a proper kid.

People still just want him to be like he was at Cell Games arc, but he's never going back.

Akira doesn't want it, Toei sure doesn't, hell I'm sure Gohan doesn't want to.

He's grown up, he's moved beyond that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Faulconer is never coming back. He has burned bridges with Funimation. Apparently he was really difficult to work with.
You're not getting a new soundtrack, this isn't the fucking 90's. You're going to get Sumitomo and you're going to like it.

I swear, Dragon Ball threads bring out the dumbest nostalgia goggles.

I much prefer the Japanese version of Goku. Although the dub may attempt to make him less idiotic.

There's a moment where you think he might actually defeat an alternate dimension Freeza. But then it all goes to shit.

He fights an alternate universe version of Freeza

And is cheated out of a rightful victory
Please don't tell me that the official English spelling is Freeza instead of Frieza now.

Faulconer is never coming back. He has burned bridges with Funimation. Apparently he was really difficult to work with.
You're not getting a new soundtrack, this isn't the fucking 90's. You're going to get Sumitomo and you're going to like it.

It's a rule that most Dragon Ball threads come back to Faulconer

Fj0823

Please don't tell me that the official English spelling is Freeza instead of Frieza now.

No, that was my Latin American childhood taking over, we call him "Freezer" over here.

So I misspelled his English name :p

He has a thirteen year old who didn't know what a vagina was, and thought marriage was something you ate

And that's funny stupidity, during the second match with Black it was all

"Goku use the thing!"
"Crap! I forgot the thing hehehe :p"

Its not as bad as some make it out to be, but it got annoying

Daingurse

Calm down dude, Jesus.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I only saw the first episode of the DBS sub. I assume it's a slice of life show about the Z-Fighters adjusting to domestic life after the Buu saga? Goku & Chi-Chi out planning for retirement while Gohan goes to graduate school to get his masters in clinical psychology & all that.

I only saw the first episode of the DBS sub. I assume it's a slice of life show about the Z-Fighters adjusting to domestic life after the Buu saga? Goku & Chi-Chi out planning for retirement while Gohan goes to graduate school to get his masters in clinical psychology & all that.

Yep, just about hits the nail on the head. Future Trunks even shows up just for fun to catch up with the fam he never had too!

Daingurse

Nope, it's still a battle shonen. But you get your slice of life too.

brinstar

It's a bit of a mix. There's a lot of fun slice of life stuff but they just wrapped up a long-ish dramatic arc.

jax

Banned
Man this is really exciting news. They could even catch up if they needed to by airing it Monday through Friday for a few weeks. That'd be fun.

I hope they don't skip any episodes or filler. I want it all baby.

Yeah, I do too. But it's still annoying how the movie and the show are the same. Oh well. I'm in for it after that King Kai clip.

It's a rule that most Dragon Ball threads come back to Faulconer

Personal opinion, but some Faulconer tracks were good, but the rest were ear damaging noises, like chalkboard screeching bad at times.

I remember that weird Russian circus track they used in the Garlic Jr saga and the early Android saga... just felt so out of place.

Personal opinion, but some Faulconer tracks were good, but the rest were ear damaging noises, like chalkboard screeching bad at times.

I remember that weird Russian circus track they used in the Garlic Jr saga and the early Android saga... just felt so out of place.
The only only of his tracks I can remember clearly is where Goku turns Super Saiyan for the first time.

NeonZ

People still just want him to be like he was at Cell Games arc, but he's never going back.

But Bandai wants, and they're the show's main sponsor. I don't get how Toei is always following Bandai's guidelines everywhere, but Dragonball is the one series where they're actually doing very different things.

Branson

Before Buu Kai even gets an announcement. What a fucking joke. Hopefully the translation is good and accurate, which is a possibility since Funi is a completely different dubbing company than the 90s. Should be good stuff instead of the terrible original dub. The voice cast is so good now compared to then.

Still really enjoy the Japanese cast though. They still do a great job.

olympia

Is that an actual thing? lol

PN8Lzyim.png

there's a panel in dr. slump where arale is reading muzukashii hon, too

bman94

I will never let the dream die. Mystic Gohan is my idol.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Before Buu Kai even gets an announcement. What a fucking joke. Hopefully the translation is good and accurate, which is a possibility since Funi is a completely different dubbing company than the 90s. Should be good stuff instead of the terrible original dub. The voice cast is so good now compared to then.

I look forward to more Chris Ayres Freeza. He dominated that role in Kai and Resurrection F.

Almost weird to hear the dub cast after watching it in Japanese for so long now
ah well.

Just....Just Fix Goku Black. Ok Schemmel?

He's a sly and condescending version of Goku, not The Bale Batman shit from Xenoverse 2.

Lets hope Sean improves with his voice for Black.
Still. Nozawa did such a great job with Black. It will be hard to match

who isn't looking forward to that?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So I haven't seen any of the new movies, nor have I watched Super, been waiting on the dub. So do I need to bother with the movies since I see people mention the show goes over the same story?

LordOfChaos

Hmm, I wonder if it'll reasonably catch up for me to switch over? Or will it be on as long a delay as whenever it starts to when the Japanese one started?

Good.

The Japanese dub is unbearable for me. Grandma voice Goku is fucking awful.

I guess I have to turn in my weeb card in for preferring an english dub

Magwik

Banned
Bout time.. Now how about getting Faulconer to score it too.

Veteran Film and television composer Bruce Faulconer’s experience has been recognized internationally, having composed music for such number one rated shows as DragonBall Z, best selling DVDs including LADY DEATH for his sound design work, and his music contributes to successfully long-term television shows including YOUR NEW HOUSE, now in its thirteenth season of broadcast, four seasons of REALITY OF SPEED, YOUR HOUSE & HOME, Kenneth Cooper’s TO LIFE, GETTING OUT OF THE CITY, and PASSPORT LOVE. Faulconer brings energy, passion, enthusiasm, and creativity to the music and sound design projects, commissions, films, and television shows with which he is affiliated.
Such an amazing career profile
>.>

I imagine they'll take a more elaborate direction with Goku Black once they reach his arc in Super.

Yeah, uh, how the hell do we not have that yet?

PN8Lzyim.png

there's a panel in dr. slump where arale is reading muzukashii hon, too

Wow...LOL

So I haven't seen any of the new movies, nor have I watched Super, been waiting on the dub. So do I need to bother with the movies since I see people mention the show goes over the same story?

Technically no, but I think most people (myself included) would recommend watching the movies and skipping to the new material in super, since early super is really rough and the movies were just better in general than their corresponding super arcs anyways (Especially Super RoF vs movie RoF, since at least Super Battle of Gods got a few cool bits of new animation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom