• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biomutant will be 4k/60 on XSX, 1440/30 on XSS, 1080/60 on PS5 (technical issues, patch to follow). Current gen info to follow

cormack12

Gold Member
9LYkno.jpg

NullZ3r0

Banned
The Xbox Series X new tools are so amazing that it's breaking PS5 ports.

In all seriousness, I was looking forward to this game but then I found out it has*throws up a little* level scaling.

Last edited:
You must have missed the whole tools debacle.
Nope it was Xbox had no tools right? Hur hur hur! PS5 the more advanced system yadda yadda yadda. I remember the lengthy commentary on the Assassin's Creed and Dirt 5 threads. I am just surprised. I'm sure they'll patch it up.

Because this isn't a native PS5 game
Is that a technical issue?

Last edited:

NickFire

They should just make it an Xbox exclusive, and I'm not being snarky. Hard pass on any game if the devs can't beat 1080P on next gen systems at launch. Makes me think of a car salesman saying ignore the muffler's backfire cause they will repaint the car next week.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
I couldn't care less. This thread is about Biomutant, which runs at 4k60 on the XSX and 1080p60 on the PS5 - for now. Apparantly you can't handle that, since you try to move the discussion somewhere else.
Again, I’m highlighting the difference in developer prowess.
Some developers are just more capable of getting the best from the hardware.

Insomniac are a prime example that’s all.

I do care, because for £500 I expect developers to get the best out of my box if they want my money.

Last edited:
To be honest, this is poor form from the devs. You leave out the higher selling of the 2 main platforms. I'm going to get this on PC but this is a stupid precedent to set. It's like holding back a next gen version. Meanwhile they optimize for 2 separate XB SKU's.
It's still BC on Xbox and changing resolution or framerate for series seems to be much easier than it is on PlayStation. It's BC on all next gen consoles in pretty sure.
….and yet is the best looking game to date….go figure!?!?!
Looks great, but no.

Top Bottom