• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bjork's "All Is Full of Love" music video inspired by Ghost in the Shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FnordChan

I first saw the video after picking up the Director's Series: Chris Cunningham DVD:

B0000DBJ9I.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I generally loathe Bjork, but I couldn't help but be blown away by the "All Is Full Of Love" video. Hell, I even put up with the horror of Bjork trying to talk about her music in order to watch the making of AIFOL feature on the disc. I don't remember Cunningham saying anything whatsoever about GitS; instead there's a fair bit of rambling about industrial robots, industrial design, and whatnot. Which isn't to say that GitS isn't an influence, but it hasn't been stated as such.

As a side note, the AIFOL video sold me on the notion of Cunningham as the director for a Neuromancer movie. That's still completely up in the air, but, last I checked, Cunningham was the name most attached to the project.

FnordChan

XS+

Banned
Donno about that Bjork vid (old saw it back in '02 or something) but that new George Michael video is totally Minority Report.

Triumph

Banned
Yar, that Cunningham DVD is definitely worth the price of purchase. It has the best music video ever made, Aphex Twin's Windowlicker.

8bit

Knows the Score
Come To Daddy is better than Windowlicker, but only marginally so.

He used to draw for 2000AD, the UK Sci-Fi anthology comic, but went on the other things.

2.47.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom