• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BloodBorne Sales Expectations : What are yours? What Could Sony's be ?

braves01

Banned
People are thirsty for good PS4 games, so I imagine it will at least meet whatever targets they've set for it given the reviews.

110% attach rate.

But more seriously, probably around 3 million. Though I think it deserves to be in the 5+ million category alongside other big Sony properties like Gran Turismo, Uncharted, and God of War. And I'm presuming I'll continue to think that after playing it. <3 Demon's and Dark Souls.

I'd say you're gonna get around 2.5 million sales. Half of them from souls fans, a quarter from people who got on the hype train due to it being a Sony exclusive and another quarter of that due to the positive word of mouth.

Bgamer90

Banned
This is the first retail exclusive on the PS4 (not a remaster) to get over a 90 metacritic (or at least I think so). Positive that the game is going to have good legs.

Going to say it will get to 400K for its first NPD month and probably 2 Million overall by the end of the year.

Swarna

The only stated amount for Dark Souls 2 was 1.2 million on PS3+360 in the first 3 weeks. 1.4-1.5 million is probably a reasonable amount to assume for present sales. The game additionally sold around 1 million copies on Steam based on Ars Technica methodology (they have been very accurate when compared to official sales data). This is not much of a growth from the reported 2.3 million for Dark Souls 1.

I'm going to say 1.5 million tops and 2 if they're very lucky.

Fbh

I'm going to say 2 millions

The game is getting good reveiws but the difficulty will still keep the more casual players away

Dynomutt

Right now it's sold out on Best Buy and not in stock for Amazon.

I actually tried to buy it today so I could pick it up tomorrow... I have to actually go to the stores to pick it up and hopefully it's there.

Seems to be selling well based on my personal anecdote. I can see it getting 3 million WW.

Nah...only special editions, may come back in stock.

HeelPower

Honestly I expect 200K in Japan,and 600K In Eu and NA combined.

I certainly wish the game can jump into the millions right away,but I simply don't see it happening during the launch period.

hatchx

Banned
I think the fact that it's PS4's first, exclusive, high-reviewed game will really help. It's a flagship title. DS2 was so late in Ps3/360's life, there were other options. There aren't as many AAA options on Ps4.

So, I would estimate 3-4 million worldwide when all is said and done (end of generation).

erawsd

Im guessing NPD will be around 200-300k in the first month. Probably closer to 200k since itll only have 1 week of sales.

Neff

3 million, easy. Likely more.

It's reviewing well, will get great word of mouth, and will enjoy the benefit of being the PS4's first killer app.

This is the first retail exclusive on the PS4 (not a remaster) to get over a 90 metacritic (or at least I think so). Positive that the game is going to have good legs.

Going to say it will get to 400K for its first NPD month and probably 2 Million overall by the end of the year.

It's the fist next Gen exclusive to get over a 90 and the one of the few games that's managed that feat So I agree. It may be niche but it's going to do very well

I didn't read the spoilers thread, and I don't have the game.

But I read that the bosses are extremely easy and that there's a graphical downgrade.

The former would guarantee more sales for the wider demographic. Not sure if the latter's true (didn't enter thread, which is now locked).

Heard the totally opposite.

It's harder than dark souls 2.

Ishan

1-2.5 mill.

good reviews will help push some onto new ps4 owners
will sell some ps4's as there are some hardcore souls fan who will pick up a ps4 finally.
don't see it being blockbuster status. Some insider on gaf had said at his best buy (iirc) order was tracking way ahead of bloodborne on pre orders ... but then again that got slaughtered on reviews and probably lost sales due to it. Also dont see as big a marketing push for bloodborne from sony as I did for order (whether thats right or wrong is another issue but that does seem to be the case).
but yes while i personally am not really interested in it .. Never liked games which were too challenging or long, its good to see a next gen proper title reviewing so well. (yes wii u but i consider that ps3/xbox gen partly ... or at best a straddler between gens console ... and also nintendo is nintedo so i guess they dont always match up specs wise atleast not since gamecube.)

Rad-

I think around 2-2.5 million. PS4 gamers are a bit thirsty atm (well I am at least) so it will get a boost from that and Dark Souls 1 sold like 2.5 - 3 million.

Minions

Going in with a solid 3 mil world wide. Game appeals to pretty much everywhere. Might actually sell quite a few consoles in Japan too.

Bloodborne sales are going to be very healthy thanks to the aggressive PR and amazing scores it's got. So yeah, I say its sales are somewhere between 1.5 million and 2 million in the first month.

HeelPower

I hope all RPG lovers waiting for a great RPG buy this game.

Like people who love FF,Kingdom Hearts and Bethesda games lovers need to buy this game.

If they do,this could really sell so much...One can dream.

Madness

Aside from gaming forums, there isn't much commercial hype for a game like this. It's just what it is. Based on strong PS4 sales and that people were waiting for a big game like this, I'm gonna say 2-3 million world wide? Remember it's a new IP and name as well. I expect a lot will buy it on exclusivity hype not knowing how difficult these games are to get into.

Awntawn

I emailed Amazon asking why I still didn't have an ETA on my preorder, and they confirmed that it's backordered and they need more stock before they can send my copy. Took $10 off the price for the inconvenience and upgraded to 1 day shipping as soon as they get more.

So I guess they're sold out. The thirst is real :O

onQ123

Sunset Overdrive had high scores & it still bombed at retail I wouldn't put too much faith in the scores selling the game.

Sunset Overdrive had high scores & it still bombed at retail I wouldn't put too much faith in the scores selling the game.

Well we already have some word that it will do better than The Order which sold at least 200K. I agree that high scores don't guarantee sales, but the 81 that Sunset scored is not close to this. Plus this is basically a sequel to an already fairly popular franchise.

2m is probably the minimum target. I expect it will probably be closer to 3 when all is said and done.

Its not a huge fan base for these games but its passionate and they will buy the console if they haven't already.

Top Bottom