• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BloodBorne Sales Expectations : What are yours? What Could Sony's be ?

Yeah I still want more Resistance from them. Resistance 3 was great.
I think Sony has abandoned the IP. They might still work with Insomniac but they don't seem as close anymore, I doubt they would resurrect Resistance just to throw them a bone.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony commissions another bb game with Miyazaki.

HeelPower

Haha, Glad Your's is corrected to yours in the thread title lol

It was upsetting me tbh #_# probably my biggest take away from the thread.

Bgamer90

Banned
Sunset Overdrive had high scores & it still bombed at retail I wouldn't put too much faith in the scores selling the game.

Sunset Overdrive released during a time in which there were many AAA games. Definitely hurt it.

Bloodborne would probabaly face similar competition if it released in the Fall. Definitely a good thing that it released in a month like March.

onQ123

Insomniac's games don't sell all that well in the last few years, also there is already an established audience for souls games.

for whatever reason insomniac games don't sell well even with great review scores.

Well we already have some word that it will do better than The Order which sold at least 200K. I agree that high scores don't guarantee sales, but the 81 that Sunset scored is not close to this. Plus this is basically a sequel to an already fairly popular franchise.

I think BloodBorne is going to do good I was just saying don't put faith into the review scores selling the game because Sunset Overdrive had pretty good scores but it couldn't sell the game.

No more than 2 million world wide by the end of the first month.

I'm probably getting it digital so I won't be contributing to sales numbers unfortunately.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure about big sales numbers that will surpass the DS series I think that more importantly Bloodborne will give the great PS4 sales a further push which is probably a bigger benefit to Sony.

I mean I did buy one just for this game. But I will also be getting Persona 5 later this year and a few other things during the years.

It's really hard to tell anymore considering the make up of digital and physical releases. Hopefully Sony reveals the sales figures and that's the only way to know for sure.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I bet another industry friend 450k sell thru at retail in US. He laughed at me and said no way. He's been doing this a lot longer than I have. We shall see!

Edit:
Woa most of these figures are not based in reality.

I bet another industry friend 450k sell thru at retail in US. He laughed at me and said no way. He's been doing this a lot longer than I have. We shall see!

Edit:

Lifetime? Easily. First month? If it released early in the month then maybe but with only 2 weeks (NPD) I'm not sure it'll pass 400k.

HeelPower

KDPGU4k.png

Great coverage for the game.Might grab the interest of many twitch viewers.

Sitris

1.7m first month sales
3.1m sales lifetime, assuming PS4 permanent
4.3m sales lifetime, assuming PC port
Why would sony allow a pc port when they are the publisher of the game.... In any case people in this thread have made some huge sales numbers, it is still a hard, Japanese developed RPG. It's not going to outsell Destiny, that's insane.

I'm going to go with 1.5 million within 3 months and 2.5 million lifetime. It's legs might not be as long with dark souls 2 coming out so soon after its release.

23qwerty

Edit:

there are over 2000 people streaming it on twitch right now

vocab

I think it will sell ridiculously well. Its in the right place at the right time
Almost zero competition for it as well.

2.5-3 million in the first month, ~5 million end of the year. Don't underestimate this game.

and every PS4 owner with money and time for it, but not buying is, is dead to me.

joke...kinda...

2.5-3 million in the first month, ~5 million end of the year. Don't underestimate this game.

and every PS4 owner with money and time for it, but not buying is, is dead to me.

joke...kinda...

5 million is absolutely nuts. Even if there's 30 million PS4's that's a 1 in 6 attach rate. Nothing outside of Nintendo games hits that.

Alo0oy

Banned
How much Dark Souls 2 sold is irrelevant, Bloodborne has Sony marketing behind it, & as we all know marketing is the most important factor to a game's sales.

I see it selling 2 million, 3 million at most.

Game4life

Banned
Sunset Overdrive had high scores & it still bombed at retail I wouldn't put too much faith in the scores selling the game.

Sunset Overdrive scored an 82 at MC. That is Infamous level. Not the same status as games with universal acclaim. Though highly acclaimed games need not always sell well more often than not they do okay.

2-3 million would be my guess which would bring Sony and From in a lot of money.

The question is when will Namco reveal Dark Souls 3?

Is the series any good? I heard it was a very unique FPS game, but I didn't have chance to try it (CoD got all my attention at that time goddamn it).

I thought they were good. Resistance 3 has an 83 metascore, but only sold around a million from what I remember. A FPS shooter of that quality should have sold more.

Ratrat

Now that BloodBorne passed the first difficult hurdle any game faces(critical reception),What are we looking at regarding sales in Japan and the rest of the world ?

Is a Miyazaki game officially AAA status ? Will BloodBorne Push PS4 units in Japan while pushing the boundaries that previous Souls games reached ?
No it wont. It wont sell half of Dark Souls 2 and it won't push that many ps4s in Japan.

Dark Souls 2 sold what, like 1.2 million worldwide?

Probably around that ballpark except a bit higher. 1.5 million maybe?

In its first two months, yeah.

I reckon this is going to do the business. I think we're looking at over 3 million sales in the medium term and it will probably have a strong sales tail over the next couple of years.

Top Bottom