• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking: Microsoft to acquire Activision-Blizzard in near 70$ billion deal

O-N-E

Been waiting since 2013. Fuck you Sony! Hah hahahaha

image.png

This dude wasn't lying!

laugh-mock.gif

abrahatschi-trump.gif

Amiga

Now we know where the attacks against Activision were coming from. the young people of gaming need to know multi-billion$ business conduct state level operations against each other. A lot of the "canceling" is just business. "woke" is just a new tool exploiting the idealistic young and naive.

Bombolone

Gold Member
Things are getting interestinnnnggg!!!
Hell yeah.

I might be in the minority here, but I love exclusives, competition, branding.
(Acknowledgement and action tied to it)
F' the kumbaya garbage from companies who are so obviously in competition with each other for the consumers dollar.

I think there is a whole swath of people who fundamentally can't understand the value of competition. (Par for the course when you hand out participation trophies for everything)

This whole melange of service and software these past 2 gens was boring asf.

Variety is the spice of life.

Compete for my dollar. Give me an exclusively funded JRPG from one of Japan's heavy hitters.

Good news today. I'm gonna pound back a bottle of Code Red and shove some Doritos Spicy variety down the gullet.

LordCBH

I cant understand how people are happy about this...
This is actually the beginning of the end

I didn’t like when they bought Bethesda. I don’t like this. But unfortunately there’s nothing I can do about it other than hope they bring back all the IP’s ACTI has abandoned in favor of COD.

Spacefish

What a waste of money, They already had a massive brain drain and all blizzard IP that aren't completely dead feel like they have been run into the ground. This feels like Microsoft chasing crusty IP again rather than talent.

Hm, so what now for Sony and Valve?
I feel like it's M$'s space now, with just a couple of multi-billion dollar "mom and pop" shops in AAA Gaming.
Also, what is the goal? It this to keep Apple or Facebook from buying in to gaming?

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Jim Ryan asleep at the wheel.

Err, I mean Activision's value was simply too high for Sony. I don't know why people expect them to get into some kind of spending war with Microsoft, a $2T (TRILLION) dollar company with over $4bn in revenue a year. It just ain't happening.

But great great grab for Microsoft. Just imagine how even more enticing Game Pass would be with Activision Blizzard's deep catalog on there. Even half of it.

GrayDock

Really big move by MS.
It doesn't impact me outside of Diablo, but the 'potential problem' is if Sony goes the same way and goes in a shopping spree (all Japan) and creates a duopoly that may force you to buy/subscribe to things that you don't want to, just like movie stream market today that you have to subscribe to a lot of services to get access to content that you could with only a device/service.
Dark times ahead...

Marvel14

Banned
Videogame monopoly in the making...expect higher prices and less innovation if this type of consolidation continues..

Confirmed:

Value was 70 Billion

nani17

are in a big trouble
MS be like

'"Hear me and rejoice! You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan. You may think this is suffering. No... it is salvation. The universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile... for even in death, you have become children of Microsoft."

Arun1910

Things are getting interestinnnnggg!!!
Hell yeah.

I might be in the minority here, but I love exclusives, competition, branding.
Full big AAA Companies being exclusive isn't something I'm fond of, there will be no 3rd parties left at this rate for people on all consoles to enjoy.

But then again it doesn't bother me cause I have a PC and a PS5

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

This is too funny after what Phil was saying the other day.
I don’t understand what’s so hard to understand about this they can’t fire him till the deal closes in 2023. It’s not final yet he obviously won’t be once they’re are officially Microsoft’s.

Top Bottom