• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING: Sony is acquiring Bungie for 3.6b

kingfey

Banned
I really shouldn't be happy about this, for any short term gains that there may be for individual games and/or possibly studios, in the long run as a consumer larger acquisitions merely give more control over what and how I play games to fewer companies and reduces the competition. That only benefits the companies.
Compared to konami, who will shut down their operation.

Gaming industry is hard. There wouldnt have been psychonauts 2 like we have now, if MS didnt buy them, and help them fund their games. Games cost money. You need bigger money company to fund your project.

As for consumers, they are short minded like golden fish. Battlefield and call of duty are best example.

We have people who spend 100$ on 1 single game, like its normal thing to do.

BeardGawd

Banned
Wait didn't MS have first rights of refusal to purchase Bungie? So they essentially passed on them?

I think MS has first rights of refusal to buy Nvidia too if I'm not mistaken.

Stuart360

Buying timed exclusivity = injecting funds into a project

Could mean a number off things, project would never have gotten off the ground in the first place -or- project budget increases as does the quality of the end game
They have done it since they came into gaming, look at the PS1 Saturn days. Buying a publisher or studio does everything you said there too.
We already know how many games Sony went for befoe this gen started, to try and starve Xbox of software this gen. They even went for Starfield (nice backfire there).

So yeah lets not pretend Sony is goody two shoes, and everything dodgy they do is simple them being 'forced' into doing it by evil Microsoft.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
My take on this.

Another shit day for the industry but some badly needed leverage for sony over the evil known as MS. At least now they can trade whatever bungie work on in future for a game MS bought.

t8sCw2S.jpg

Stuart360

Wait didn't MS have first rights of refusal to purchase Bungie? So they essentially passed on them?

When Bungie and Microsoft split, it was said they they had a first refusal on a future Bungie purchase. Dont know how true it was though.
I feel Microsoft have bigger fish to fry to be honest.

kingfey

Banned
Rofl.

Yes you are right, Sony only make money from third party sales and MS would definitely be keen to give other people money so they can their games away on a platform they already have to give someone a cut from.

They don't even give all third party games away on pc, but you are adamant they will want to do this on playstation?

PS gamepass when/if it happens will not include any games not made or published by Microsoft.
Sony made ff7r exclusive to their console. Then they gave it away on their ps+. It sold 5m on their console.

If MS can pay what Sony pays, Then they can put it on gamepass. 1 year contract is not expensive, unlike timed exclusive.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Things learned today:
  • Organic is better, but sometimes you just need a Big Mac
  • Bungie is the town pump
  • The cold war is heating up
Love mergers and acquisitions.

Out of all the third party devs getting swallowed up (and more soon), I'm safe. COD, Diablo, ES and Fallout are all on Xbox. And just by luck it's the 4 series I've put in the most game time into since the 360 days as they are great franchises. As back up I know it'll always have PC access and day one GP too. Dont care about Bungie as I dont play Destiny.

The only game out there which would be a bummer if it was banished from Xbox is EA NHL (even though it's stale for 10 years). Because one of these years its got to get enough budget to do a major facelift which I'm still waiting for. And no PC version.

Last edited:
We do know if Microsoft passed. There's a tweet on it. In fact, Microsoft passed on the offer several times as the asking price was too high. But, yes. Theyve spoken about acquisitions many times.

When I say, "too high," of course I'm not saying Microsoft couldn't afford Bungie. They just didn't feel they were worth the asking price.

The tweet was shot down as incorrect by the ceo of Bungie

EDMIX

Well PC users have no problem with it, we have been pretty much digital only for what?, 15 years or so?.

Different market. They have more options for that.

Game sizes havent really gone up at all this gen so far

We haven't had enough next gen only titles to tell... RT takes up space, 4K takes up space, until we see the whole generation with just games made from the ground up using that hardware, we won't know how the market is going to respond on console.

As in...I have no issue downloading a cross gen PS5 title, that doesn't fucking mean I'm downloading 200GB a game sir. You see the market downloading freely on console like this because those sizes are majority last gen sizes right now.

And again, i'm talking in another 6 or 7 years.

lol yea when games get bigger and we get only PS5 and Series X titles.... Until that happens, we can't just assume people will be ok with larger sizes and paying more money, to have less space, for games they can't sell.

Everything has its limit.

I signed up for fibre about 3 years ago, 150mb/sec

OK, but thats you..... I'm not fucking paying more, to then pay even MORE for games I can't fucking sell. You do that, not everyone will do such things lol

Pays more money for bigger HDD, pays more for internet, games cost more so buys digital where no used market exist, can't sell games. koooooool /s Not everyone is doing that Stuart. I don't even see the fucking benefit to a lot of that.

IMO if game sales are over 90% digital on average by the end of this gen, the next consoles wont have a disk drive.

Hey fair point, but I don't see game sizes shrinking, I don't see gamers wanting less features, I don't see people desperate to spend more money on games they can't sell. We are not even factoring the inevitable mid gen upgrade where Sony and MS will try to get people to pay for them Pro and X...XXX 8K systems lol You think that will happen without a massive increase in space? How many will want to keep doing that when they are now getting 300 to 400GB per game? But shit, you think PS6 and Next Box would have LESS space or something? By then, I just don't see that continuing the same way as we might see downloads like this happening based on the size making sense to consumers, they clearly won't just continue that when you have 4 fucking games allowed on a HDD, I just don't buy someone is really wanting to do that when it gets to those levels.

We haven't even seen the real might of next gen only open world demanding games to even pretend as if space will stay the same or something, but I digress. A conversation for another day.

BeardGawd

Banned
When Bungie and Microsoft split, it was said they they had a first refusal on a future Bungie purchase. Dont know how true it was though.
I feel Microsoft have bigger fish to fry to be honest.
Yeah I also remember something like that. So either MS didn't feel they were worth the price or they don't want to rock the boat until the Acti sale is complete.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Sony is letting bungie do whatever they want, so basically Sony paid them 3.6bil just to not go Xbox exclusive? Pretty terrible deal, that money could have bought a better studio and not given them so much power.

Stuart360

Different market. They have more options for that.

We haven't had enough next gen only titles to tell... RT takes up space, 4K takes up space, until we see the whole generation with just games made from the ground up using that hardware, we won't know how the market is going to respond on console.

As in...I have no issue downloading a cross gen PS5 title, that doesn't fucking mean I'm downloading 200GB a game sir. You see the market downloading freely on console like this because those sizes are majority last gen sizes right now.

lol yea when games get bigger and we get only PS5 and Series X titles.... Until that happens, we can't just assume people will be ok with larger sizes and paying more money, to have less space, for games they can't sell.

Everything has its limit.

OK, but thats you..... I'm not fucking paying more, to then pay even MORE for games I can't fucking sell. You do that, not everyone will do such things lol

Pays more money for bigger HDD, pays more for internet, games cost more so buys digital where no used market exist, can't sell games. koooooool /s Not everyone is doing that Stuart. I don't even see the fucking benefit to a lot of that.

Hey fair point, but I don't see game sizes shrinking, I don't see gamers wanting less features, I don't see people desperate to spend more money on games they can't sell. We are not even factoring the inevitable mid gen upgrade where Sony and MS will try to get people to pay for them Pro and X...XXX 8K systems lol You think that will happen without a massive increase in space? How many will want to keep doing that when they are now getting 300 to 400GB per game? But shit, you think PS6 and Next Box would have LESS space or something? By then, I just don't see that continuing the same way as we might see downloads like this happening based on the size making sense to consumers, they clearly won't just continue that when you have 4 fucking games allowed on a HDD, I just don't buy someone is really wanting to do that when it gets to those levels.

We haven't even seen the real might of next gen only open world demanding games to even pretend as if space will stay the same or something, but I digress. A conversation for another day.
Well the point about the imternet part was how much quicker the internet has got in just 3 years, and for only £5 more a month. I mean in 6 or 7 years, my 150mb/sec will probably be seen as very low end internet lol.

Also i noticed the part about trading/selling games. I dont know EDMIX, i think you need to move past that, i honestly do, i think thats a thing of the past after this gen.

But alas, we can only see what happens. I'm PC anyway so it makes zero difference to me if consoles are digital only or both. Its just my opinion.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Cost of production.

Numerous third party sellers for limited run physicals by small companies prove this isn't an issue. Couple that with the massive money that companies like Creative Assembly have? You really think they would worry over the cost of a few hundred thousand physical copies?

I think its more about accepting reality. PC has been digital for years, and this is 100% the last console gen with a disk drive as by the end of the gen digital purchases will probably be in the 95%+ range (hell Xbox is nearly there already with its 90% Vanguard sales being digital).

No, it won't. Why would they actively push away millions of consumers? Why are you championing blatant anti-consumer practices? Besides you being one of the most ardent console warriors that is.

Last edited:

Stuart360

No, it won't. Why would they actively push away millions of consumers? Why are you championing blatant anti-consumer practices? Besides you being one of the most ardent console warriors that is.
Oh dude check some of my other posts above, i'm not going into it again.
Its time to accept reality, hope isnt going to change anything.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Oh dude check some of my other posts above, i'm not going into it again.
Its time to accept reality, hope isnt going to change anything.

I have read what you posted and its absolute nonsense. Ignorance of the greater worlds internet capabilities (hell, the US struggles for that matter in most of the country!), ignorance on data limits, ignorance on what the average person is willing to accept. Just because you gleefully accept less rights to your purchases doesn't mean most people do.

Stuart360

I have read what you posted and its absolute nonsense. Ignorance of the greater worlds internet capabilities (hell, the US struggles for that matter in most of the country!), ignorance on data limits, ignorance on what the average person is willing to accept. Just because you gleefully accept less rights to your purchases doesn't mean most people do.
Well get better internet then, and if you cant then there is not a lot you can do.
These companies are not charities. If by the end of this gen only a tiny percentage of gamers are still buying physical, then there is a good chance both Sony and Microsoft will go digital only. They want rid of physical as it is.

We.

Clap.

Back.

Lets go baby!

Sony needs to get at least 3 ideally all 5 of:

- Capcom
- Square/Enix
- CDPR
- FromSoft
- Remedy

I think with 20B all 5 are possible.

And no matter what Microsoft does whether it is shelling 20B alone on Take 2 or 40B on EA or both Sony will always remain market leader.

I friggin live this acquisition war it is so entertaining. Goody-two shoes who hate “consolidation” are such killjoys
I mean either Take Two or EA alone are more substantial for market share than all 5 of those (plus Bungie) combined, let alone both.

kingfey

Banned
Numerous third party sellers for limited run physicals by small companies prove this isn't an issue. Couple that with the massive money that companies like Creative Assembly have? You really think they would worry over the cost of a few hundred thousand physical copies?
You need to have A: Disc market. B: Enough warehouse to produce those disc. C: All these needs planning, which is nightmare for logistics. D: You can lose money on the disc, if there isnt enough customers to buy it.

If I am a publisher, I would weight these options, before I decide to make a physical disc game.

Also, they make more money on digital 75%, Way more safe, and cost cheap.

Let me get this straight, 4 billion for a bungie with no Joseph Staten, No hands on 2000-2005 era Jason Jones, no Marty O Donnell, and no Jaime Gresimer? Or 99% of anyone who made Halo and to some extent Destiny 1 special? And on top of all of that... to continue to make their games multi-platform...? What the fuck? Am I missing something? Thats a horrible business decision lol.

The multiplat thing I can only assume is a misguided and foolish attempt to contrast Microsoft and have a "See! We're not like them! We're inclusive and open! Everyone gets our games!". Which is dumb cause if Microsoft plays hardball and makes COD exclusive which its looking like they will then someone will be looking at an Xbox SX and a PS5 and there will be zero advantage to the PS5 cause they'll have COD and destiny on xbox.

TLDR: Just a stupid move in my opinion.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Let me get this straight, 4 billion for a bungie with no Joseph Staten, No hands on 2000-2005 era Jason Jones, no Marty O Donnell, and no Jaime Gresimer? Or 99% of anyone who made Halo and to some extent Destiny 1 special? And on top of all of that... to continue to make their games multi-platform...? What the fuck? Am I missing something? Thats a horrible business decision lol.

The multiplat thing I can only assume is a misguided and foolish attempt to contrast Microsoft and have a "See! We're not like them! We're inclusive and open! Everyone gets our games!". Which is dumb cause if Microsoft plays hardball and makes COD exclusive which its looking like they will then someone will be looking at an Xbox SX and a PS5 and there will be zero advantage to the PS5 cause they'll have COD and destiny on xbox.

There is a chance that maybe Microsoft already assured Sony that COD will stay on PS (i dont believe that but you never know), and thats why Sony have come out with this statement.
There is also a tiny bit of leaway with what Sony said imo, meaning any new Bungie games outside of contracts, could be PS5 only (which i believe it will actually be).

Pretty good acquisition from a quarterly MTX perspective.

It also gives Sony some decent leverage to bargain with MS keeping CoD multi-plat going forward past 2023/24. Although on a unit sales & MTX basis it can’t compete with CoD (nothing can) it may be that Phil wouldn’t want to lose Destiny 2 (or 3) and may be willing to keep one or more of the CoD mainline titles on PlayStation beyond current contractual agreements. On the other hand, it could be argued Warzone alone equally fulfills that trade.

Personally, I couldn’t care less as per my preferences in gaming Destiny 2 devolved into straight up trash. I really did enjoy Destiny 1, however, & still fire it up from time to time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pretty good acquisition from a quarterly MTX perspective.

It also gives Sony some decent leverage to bargain with MS keeping CoD multi-plat going forward past 2023/24. Although on a unit sales & MTX basis it can’t compete with CoD (nothing can) it may be that Phil wouldn’t want to lose Destiny 2 (or 3) and may be willing to keep one or more of the CoD mainline titles on PlayStation beyond current contractual agreements. On the other hand, it could be argued Warzone alone equally fulfills that trade.

Personally, I couldn’t care less as per my preferences in gaming Destiny 2 devolved into straight up trash. I really did enjoy Destiny 1, however, & still fire it up from time to time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think what this signals, more than anything else, is that Sony is serious about the future of Live Service / GaaS titles, and is basically saying "Fuck this coy nonsense, we are releasing on all platforms because that's the only way GaaS can be truly successful"

essentially calling off Microsoft's bluff on possibly removing CoD from Playstation by being intentionally vague even though Sony platforms account for the majority of revenue of Activision's titles like CoD.

Basically saying "you want to go exclusive?" Ok, well enjoy losing some of your relevance because that's not how GaaS works

ZehDon

... Sony owns Bungie now, so everything that Bungie owns like their their studio, their 900 workers and all current (Destiny) and all future IPs now belong to Sony...
The rest of your post was pointless, because this is the crux, and you're just repeating yourself. And as best as we can tell, Bungie retain ownership of their IP. When they leave Sony, their IPs will go with them.

LordOfChaos

That was 11 years old 11 years ago, likely long expired and Nvidia is a completely different beast than it was 22 years ago, it was small beans and Microsoft was a world eater back then, Microsoft is still huge but now so is Nvidia

Last edited:
There is a chance that maybe Microsoft already assured Sony that COD will stay on PS (i dont believe that but you never know), and thats why Sony have come out with this statement.
There is also a tiny bit of leaway with what Sony said imo, meaning any new Bungie games outside of contracts, could be PS5 only (which i believe it will actually be).
It's up to Bungie where they release their games, not Sony.

EDMIX

I think what this signals, more than anything else, is that Sony is serious about the future of Live Service / GaaS titles, and is basically saying "Fuck this coy nonsense, we are releasing on all platforms because that's the only way GaaS can be truly successful"

essentially calling off Microsoft's bluff on possibly removing CoD from Playstation by being intentionally vague even though Sony platforms account for the majority of revenue of Activision's titles like CoD.

Basically saying "you want to go exclusive?" Ok, well enjoy losing some of your relevance because that's not how GaaS works

Maybe.

This deal was already happening for like 6 months now, as in it has nothing to do with the whole Activision buyout. However, I say maybe because the timing of this announcement might have something to do with it. We know Sony bought Bluepoint games and literally waited to tell us, but Sony likes timing certain things, which tells me who ever is doing their marketing, PR etc knows that when something is stated matters.

Look at them doing State Of Play vs E3, look at how PS5 was marketed, look at how they bought Bluepoint yet waited, look at how they knew God Of War moved 20 million, yet waited till the PC reveal, all this tells me that they know on a slow news week, they can randomly reveal something to steal the media cycle, which tells me maybe they are announcing this now for exactly what you stated, to call MS bluff on COD as if Destiny 3 is multiplatform, for all we know when this deal was happening 6 months ago, Sony may have been like "We can just do it only on PS4 and PS5"

COD gets bought

"Ok.....so if they want it like that and COD will only be on 2 systems, they won't sit back while we put this bitch on 4" lol So you might be right and I think Sony is making a sound play here then. I means either COD is on 2 systems, limited sales while Destiny 3 is on all platforms and becomes a bigger IP based on COD having less of an install base. That might make MS question keeping it on 2 after that marketing deal if they now know they are giving up ground to other massive IP to be on all platforms or something. I also agree with you in terms of the whole GAAS thing, the biggest games in that genre are on all platforms vs 2.

Also Gamepass will never end up on Playstation. Sony is a Japanese company, a proud Japanese company, can you honestly see them allowing 'Xbox Gamepass' onto PS5? ,because i cant, and i doubt Microsoft do either.
In fact with Sony doing their own Gamepass style service, thats the final nail in the coffin.
The only way I see it is if they both go to the other platform. GamePass on PS5, Spartacus on Xbox.

Still, a long shot, but I could see it happening, only if/when Sony sees a subscription service as the primary revenue going forward as Microsoft seems to.

They have done it since they came into gaming, look at the PS1 Saturn days. Buying a publisher or studio does everything you said there too.
We already know how many games Sony went for befoe this gen started, to try and starve Xbox of software this gen. They even went for Starfield (nice backfire there).

So yeah lets not pretend Sony is goody two shoes, and everything dodgy they do is simple them being 'forced' into doing it by evil Microsoft.
Sony essentially pioneered anti-competitive exclusivity in the video game sector when they bought off EIDOS for TR2 & really harmed Sega hardware.

That’s business. Is what it is. But for anyone to pretend Sony are “innocent” indicates a form of willful delusion. They simply don’t have the resources to do what MS can do with the war chest unlocked by a new CEO…but that hasn’t stopped Sony from doing anti-competitive shit since Day 1 vs Sega/Nintendo & all thru last gen vs Xbox…🤷🏻‍♂️ (granted, Xbox’s biggest enemy last gen was themselves with a historically bad launch philosophy)…

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Skimming people's opinions, the value of Bungie is:

1. Destiny GAAS revenue which is still going

2. They know how to make solid shooters, so whether it's Destiny 3 or something else it fills a PS void as COD will eventually be Xbox/PC only

3. Whatever knowledge and tools they got can help Sony's other first party studios make an MP game

4. Beyond Destiny 2 which is stated as legacy multiplatform, future games will (probably) be PS exclusive

Jermare

Neo Member
If this keeps happening I don't think Nintendo will stay out of it for too long. I think there's a decent chance they acquire Sega (if it's true that Sega is "for sale"). Most of their franchises are at home with Nintendo. The only series non-Nintendo fans would be upset about losing as a multi-plat is Persona and maybe Yakuza.

Skimming people's opinions, the value of Bungie is:

1. Destiny GAAS revenue which is still going

2. They know how to make solid shooters, so whether it's Destiny 3 or something else it fills a PS void as COD will eventually be Xbox/PC only

3. Whatever knowledge and tools they got can help Sony's other first party studios make an MP game

4. Beyond Destiny 2 which is stated as legacy multiplatform, future games will (probably) be PS exclusive

And additional expansion beyond console gaming, like mobile, pc and film

Azurro

Banned
I don't really get this move, but I guess it must make sense somewhere for Sony along the line. Not really interested in FPSs, so...meh?

Not really happy with consolidation, but MS kind of started it.

Last edited:
Sony is letting bungie do whatever they want, so basically Sony paid them 3.6bil just to not go Xbox exclusive? Pretty terrible deal, that money could have bought a better studio and not given them so much power.
Please tell me you don't really believe that.

I hope you understand this is an investment to MAKE money, by getting a strong foothold into the GaaS market. They own Destiny and anything else Bungie makes including all revenue those games make on whatever platform they sell on.

Not everything is about trying to win the console war. They honestly care less about that you or most people posting here.

If this keeps happening I don't think Nintendo will stay out of it for too long. I think there's a decent chance they acquire Sega (if it's true that Sega is "for sale"). Most of their franchises are at home with Nintendo. The only series non-Nintendo fans would be upset about losing as a multi-plat is Persona and maybe Yakuza.

I honestly dont see how a nintendo acquisition works out. I think sonic fits well on nintendo, and SMTV of course but yakuza and some of their other games would suffer. Nintendo fans don’t buy their hardware for games like that, look in the top ten most sold, its all mario kart, mario party, smash bros, zelda, mario….maybe that could get sonic up there but everything else? Not worth it and not realistic.

Yakuza can’t even run on Nintendo hardware at the moment outside of streaming and A lot of their other stuff can’t either.

Buying timed exclusivity = injecting funds into a project

Could mean a number off things, project would never have gotten off the ground in the first place -or- project budget increases as does the quality of the end game

Well that's the noble way to look at it...

Usually though, timed exclusivity is done with games that are otherwise funded (especially when the dev also has a publisher), and done to shift consumer spending to the platform getting the timed exclusivity, at the detriment of the platform losing out on said game. Strength of FOMO has only intensified over the years, partly because of social media IMO.

I don't know what that has to do with today's news, though; this is an out-and-out acquisition by Sony, nothing timed about it. Neither's better or worst than the other, just depends on the buyer's needs.

Never heard of Psygnosis?

Banished to the Never Dimension.

PS games need money to develop. Those money comes from 3rd party sales. MS wont agree to their 1st party games only. They will want full package.

I don't personally think this is true tbh; MS would probably be okay with just 1P content, since they now have SO MUCH 1P content under their belt. The thing is I think if MS and Sony were to provide their streaming services on each other's consoles, it would be just that: streaming-only access to 1P content under a singular subscription that is platform-agnostic, and they each get a cut of subscriptions through the other's platform (maybe the usual 30% cut for initial sign-up, then a 15% cut for each month the user continues to use the service on that platform, something like that).

If you want native versions of those games, either buy an Xbox (MS), PlayStation (Sony), or PC (both, potentially....though still no Day 1 releases yet for Sony). If you're okay with cloud streaming on a monthly subscription, play on whatever system you want. I think that's where this is all heading by 2024/2025 at the latest.

Last edited:
Maybe.

This deal was already happening for like 6 months now, as in it has nothing to do with the whole Activision buyout. However, I say maybe because the timing of this announcement might have something to do with it. We know Sony bought Bluepoint games and literally waited to tell us, but Sony likes timing certain things, which tells me who ever is doing their marketing, PR etc knows that when something is stated matters.

Look at them doing State Of Play vs E3, look at how PS5 was marketed, look at how they bought Bluepoint yet waited, look at how they knew God Of War moved 20 million, yet waited till the PC reveal, all this tells me that they know on a slow news week, they can randomly reveal something to steal the media cycle, which tells me maybe they are announcing this now for exactly what you stated, to call MS bluff on COD as if Destiny 3 is multiplatform, for all we know when this deal was happening 6 months ago, Sony may have been like "We can just do it only on PS4 and PS5"

COD gets bought

"Ok.....so if they want it like that and COD will only be on 2 systems, they won't sit back while we put this bitch on 4" lol So you might be right and I think Sony is making a sound play here then. I means either COD is on 2 systems, limited sales while Destiny 3 is on all platforms and becomes a bigger IP based on COD having less of an install base. That might make MS question keeping it on 2 after that marketing deal if they now know they are giving up ground to other massive IP to be on all platforms or something. I also agree with you in terms of the whole GAAS thing, the biggest games in that genre are on all platforms vs 2.

Yep. Definitely could be the case. Or the two parties could never settle on the number and the Activision deal allowed Sony to up their price and get it done.

I think Bungie and Playstation make a good fit in general for their objectives. I see Bungie being essentially the GaaS arm of Sony they desperately needed, and Sony can provide a ton of studio and resources support to Bungie and also try and transform their IP into TV/Film.

Stuart360

The only way I see it is if they both go to the other platform. GamePass on PS5, Spartacus on Xbox.

Still, a long shot, but I could see it happening, only if/when Sony sees a subscription service as the primary revenue going forward as Microsoft seems to.
Actually that would be damn cool, and would be a 'save face' gesture by both companies, if they really do care about that (maybe i'm being too stereotypical with the old school Japanese pride stuff). Dont know if big business really works like that though lol.
To be honest as long as Spartacus comes to PC at some point if they do go in hard with Spartacus, i dont really care, but i love the sound of that idea and it would be a win for both really. I suppose it would only cover first party games on both though.

Last edited:

EDMIX

best as we can tell, Bungie retain ownership of their IP

link?

So as far as I can tell, I haven't see shit stating they are keeping the IP or anything wild like that. Allowing them to self publish Destiny, doesn't mean Sony didn't buy the IP, thats like saying some weird shit like Sega doesn't own Atlus cause they allow them to self publish at times or MS didn't buy those IP, cause Bethesda will continue to self publish. I think you are seeing that term and just assuming it means the IP doesn't belong to Sony. Sir, you'd have to question what the fuck they are actually buying for 3 Billion then if not for the team and the IP lol Using your logic, MS doesn't even own any of those Bethesda IP lol

I know this is some megaton shit, but you going to need to deal with this one.

pepe.jpg

Top Bottom