• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buffy Characters VS Angel Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Hey everyone who do you think would win between buffy and angel characters if each were at there par... THESE ARE THE CHARACTERS

Ilyria VS Dark Willow
Angel VS Buffy
Wesley VS Giles
Connor VS Faith
Gunn VS Spike
Doyle VS Principal Wood

Respond remember everyone is at par and remember weponds aren't inculded

Buffy vs Angel : Angel (if Angel put aside all feelings of course) Good Angel just plays it too smart.
Buffy vs Angelus: Buffy
Ily vs Dark Willow: Dark Willow
Badass cynical grizzled Wesley vs Giles: Tie
Faith vs Conner: Conner
Spike vs Gunn: Spike
Doyle vs Principle Wood : Doyle.

Tabris

Ilyria VS Dark Willow
Angel VS Buffy
Wesley VS Giles
Connor VS Faith
Gunn VS Spike
Doyle VS Principal Wood

Ilyria > Dark Willow in both kicking ass and character
Angel > Buffy in character, Buffy > Angel in kicking ass
Wesley > Giles in both kicking ass and character.
Conner > Faith in character, Faith > Conner in kicking ass (Close one though)
Spike > Gunn in both kicking ass and character (this one doesn't count, Spike was never part of the "scoobies", but he was part of the "fang gang" at the end)
Doyle > Principal Wood in character, Principal Wood > Doyle in kicking ass.

Wow, Angel won in all cases of character. Yeah, Angel was definitely the superior show in the end. The characters just had more depth.

Tabris

Teh Hamburglar said:
Slayers are stronger than Vampires. Buffy got beat up because she was emotionally devestated.

Spike killed two slayers. Using brute force tactics also. Well a bit of foreplay on the last one, but in the end, brute force.

LakeEarth said:
Hey everyone who do you think would win between buffy and angel characters if each were at there par... THESE ARE THE CHARACTERS

Ilyria VS Dark Willow
Angel VS Buffy
Wesley VS Giles
Connor VS Faith
Gunn VS Spike
Doyle VS Principal Wood

Respond remember everyone is at par and remember weponds aren't inculded

Haven't seen enough of Ilyria yet (haven't seen Angel Season 4 and 5, only the Angel finale), so I'd have to side with Dark Willow.

Despite the ending of Season 2, I'd say Angel. Angel held back.

Wesley by far. Although perhaps Giles may have been more powerful in his younger days, Wesley's dark side seems much more dangerous.

If Connor could coldcock Agent Smi---err, Hamilton in the finale like that, I have a feeling he'd own Faith.

Spike. I like Gunn, but he's human, and not a slayer. Spike's a vampire, nuff said.

Don't know who Principal Wood is, but Doyle was a pussy. I'll go with Wood. ;P

Ilyria > Dark Willow - (I don't see Willow being any more powerful than that wizard that got his head "caved" in)

Buffy > Angel

Semi drunk,shotgun blasting, filthy lunatic Wesley > Giles < Prissy Watcher Wesley

Faith > Connor (it's a toss up though assuming he's a strong as Angel)

Spike > Gunn

Principal Wood > Doyle (He's not a fighter and I don't think he was any stronger even in demon form)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Dark Willow is, at best, equal with Vail, and Illyria took one punch to beat him, so Illyria would win that match up certainly.

Most people seem to be saying what I would for the others, so I won't comment.

Of course, the most important question has yet to be asked:

Andrew vs. Lorne (no guns)

I'd like to add another bracket

Xander VS Harmony - ROUND 2

Principal Wood > Doyle (He's not a fighter and I don't think he was any stronger even in demon form)

They are. I just watched the episode the other day where Doyle says they are stronger in demon form but he likes to pass for human. (Its in "Parting Gifts")

evil ways

Ilyria VS Dark Willow : Ilyria in 8.9 seconds
Angel VS Buffy : Angel is a pussy and Buffy is an airhead, both kill eachother R&J style
Wesley VS Giles : Wesley, he has a dark, dirty player side
Connor VS Faith : Faith, she would bone him, then break his neck while he sleeps
Gunn VS Spike : Spike
Doyle VS Principal Wood : The Principal

Anyanka

Ilyria. Willow would run out of magic eventually.

Buffy. Buffy is the strongest in the Buffyverse. She beats Angel like every time.

Wesley. Wes is younger, faster, stronger, and more ruthless.

Faith. She had him beat when they fought briefly in Angel season 4

Spike. Easy win for Spike. Spike is like on Angel and Buffy's level of strength.

Principal Wood. Wood is a badass. Why is he matched against Doyle!?

Andrew and Anya would beat them all up though. They're champions.

Paradox

Mama Smurf said:
Yes, his skillful pulling of a trigger was remarkable.

Its not that its hard to pull a trigger, im just saying if he can do that then he can defintly take Andrew with ease.

LakeEarth

The idea is that everyone is in their prime, but that leads to problems. Like you could say "bad ass Wesley", but then there could be Giles when he had the power of 'pure magic' in the end of season 6.

I believe that if Ilyria was in it before she lost some of her powers in Time Bomb, she'd be unstopable. Hell, a sword shattered when Wesley struck her with it (and she barely even noticed).

And don't count out Gunn at the Gunn vs Spike debate. Spike is a great fighter, but Gunn is really good at taking down vamps (as seen in the final episode, he takes on probably a dozen of em on his own and survives, sorta).

Also, Doyle in bracken demon form is stronger. To decieve the Scourge and join them, Angel snapped his neck. Doyle then just popped it back into place later.

calder

Nerfed Ilyria wins narrowly over Dark Willow
Because Ilyria doesn't fuck around and even with less powers she's still good against magic. And I think Dark Willow is overrated. Pre-meltdown Ilyria would have even less trouble because she controlled time and was even more restant to magic and pretty much unstoppable physically.

Angel draws Buffy
Hmm, assuming Angel, not Angelus and assuming further that both are motivated I'll have to call a draw. By "no weapons" I assume they'll fight somewhere where Buffy would be able to fashion a stake from something eventually... like one of those vamp nests where they inevitably have cheap wooden furniture. But this one is impossible to call, assuming both are at the top of their game. Buffy beat Angelus, but Angel circa S5 was a whole nothing level.

Wesley gets it done against Giles
Badass Wesley wins a narrow decision over grieve-stricken badass Giles. Both have understated magical ability but Wesley went to the bad place for a while and has shown a greater capacity for both brutal human-on-human violence and outright cheating.

Faith beats Connor
Faith easy. I think this one was answered for us - in the future Connor would likely win but during Connor's run on the show he was clearly Faith's prison bitch. "Break me off a switch, son. There's about to be a whoppin'"

Spike eats Gunn
Love Gunn, Gunn is great against vamps, but Spike is an older, meaner, better fighting vamp than the homeless-kid eating scrubs Gunn normally faces.

Principal Wood decapitates Doyle
Doyle was stronger and more capable than he let on, but Wood pretty much trained his whole life to kill vamps and demons. And really in the end Doyle wasn't much of a fighter, he just took a good neck snapping in much the same way Xander's main fighting strength was the ability to absorb a good beating.

Ilyria < Dark Willow
Angel < Buffy
Wesley = Giles
Connor < Faith
Gunn < Spike
Doyle > Principal Wood

How about

Oz vs. Nina
Tara vs. Cordelia
Gwen vs. Amy
Joyce vs. Kate

LakeEarth

Luscious LeftFoot said:
Still don't understand how pansy ass Reilly was on Angel's level.

Stupid need for plot development...

Well Riley pretty much got killed in that fight anyways.

Oz vs. Nina
Tara vs. Cordelia
Gwen vs. Amy
Joyce vs. Kate

Some are total mismatches, but Joyce vs Kate... hmm!

FnordChan

Bah. Firefly characters smoke 'em both.

firefly_04.jpg

"Back off, punk."

FnordChan

The Angel Reily fight just reminded me of the one thing I liked about his character. He wasnt afraid to throw down, military style no less.

He got his ass handed to him but he still went in.

Plus I liked how he referred to Angel as 'All billowy coat, king of pain' haha.

calder

Well, Riley still had the chip thing in him, and even though he was off the hardcore Initiative drugs he still felt the residual effects. That's why he got sick the next season.

Holy shit, I couldn't remember when this happened, so I asked my wife. She told me, from memory while watching fucking MTV Cribs, that Riley and Angel fought in Season 4 episode 20 "The Yoko Factor" and that Riley got sick and had the operation to undo the Initiatives' drugging in the fifth episode of season 5 "Out of My Mind". How the hell can anyone remember that shit yet totally 'forget' to iron my fucking tan pants this morning while I was in the shower?

LakeEarth

Well I guess she's pretty sure, but I could've sworn he got sick in season four (goes to buffyguide)

Oh yeah, i remember that one. I guess he was a bit juiced up. He still got owned.

"Ilyria VS Dark Willow"

Illyria just seems to have way more powers than Dark Willow and knows how to use them all correctly. So i'd give the edge to her.

"Angel VS Buffy"

I like Buffy too much to ever say any character could beat her. So Buffy. She's beat Angel and Angelus anyway so not a tough call. :p

"Wesley VS Giles"

This ones hard. We know Wesley became a psycho after the next slitting. But we also know that Giles is crazy too, we just haven't got much indepth info on his Ripper character. I'm going to go with Giles on this one, just for what we know about his past.

"Connor VS Faith"

I'd go with Faith.

"Gunn VS Spike"

Spike. It's a human vs a demon so it's an easy call. Gunn's a badass but not enough to be someone that's practically immortal.

"Doyle VS Principal Wood"

Doyle easily.

"Oz vs. Nina"

Oz.

"Tara vs. Cordelia"

Tara definetly.

"Gwen vs. Amy"

Gwen would clean house. Best character introduced in the final 2 seasons of Angel. Too bad they never followed up on her character.

"Joyce vs. Kate"

LOL

Riley sucks.

etiolate

Banned
Ilyria >>>> Dark Willow
Angel > Buffy
Wesley >> Giles
Connor = Faith
Gunn < Spike
Doyle < Principal Wood

Oz >>> Nina
Tara << Cordelia
Gwen WHOCARES Amy
Joyce DITTO Kate

SolidSnakex said:
"Tara vs. Cordelia"

Tara definetly.

What? Cordelia would OWN Tara. OWN OWN OWN. Tara would still be stuttering the words to her first spell when Cordelia would hack her to bits with a sword.

Anyanka

Riley gets sick because of the drugs twice. One in season 4, after Walsh's death and the initial withdrawl in the ep "Goodbye Iowa" and then he has the heart problem in sesaon 5 in "Out of My Mind".

Riley's fighting is one of my favorite things about him. That Angel fight in "The Yoko Factor" is especially good. I like how he uses the tazer and nightstick. It's cool to see just this normal guy using military weapons against the super natural.

Off topic but speaking of the Yoko Factor, Xander wears the ugliest sweater of all time in that ep.

LakeEarth

Anyanka said:
Riley's fighting is one of my favorite things about him. That Angel fight in "The Yoko Factor" is especially good. I like how he uses the tazer and nightstick. It's cool to see just this normal guy using military weapons against the super natural.

Your the type of guy who played as Stryker in MK3, aren't you?

"How the hell can anyone remember that shit yet totally 'forget' to iron my fucking tan pants this morning while I was in the shower?"

You sir are my hero.

Oxymoron

DJ Demon J said:
What? Cordelia would OWN Tara. OWN OWN OWN. Tara would still be stuttering the words to her first spell when Cordelia would hack her to bits with a sword.

No weapons included, it say so in the first post.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Cordelia is part demon and does a weird glowy thing occasionaly, so god knows who'd win.

Gwen would clean house. Best character introduced in the final 2 seasons of Angel. Too bad they never followed up on her character.

I love Gwen, but they did kind of finish up her story. I was satisfied with the way they left her. Plus as I understand it she was sort of (the writer) Mere Smith's character, who left Angel after S4.

Spike. It's a human vs a demon so it's an easy call. Gunn's a badass but not enough to be someone that's practically immortal.

...what? I agree with Spike, but your reasoning is ridiculous. How many times have we seen Gunn take out vampires, sometimes on his own? There are PLENTY of human only characters who can beat the crap out of demons, it's not so cut and dry.

LakeEarth

Mama Smurf said:
...what? I agree with Spike, but your reasoning is ridiculous. How many times have we seen Gunn take out vampires, sometimes on his own? There are PLENTY of human only characters who can beat the crap out of demons, it's not so cut and dry.

Exactly. ON HIS OWN he took out like a dozen vamps and a demon senetor. In badass style too.

"What? Cordelia would OWN Tara. OWN OWN OWN. Tara would still be stuttering the words to her first spell when Cordelia would hack her to bits with a sword."

I don't see Tara just standing there and letting someone kill her. Sure she's shy and doesn't seem like she'd hurt anyone, but so was Willow. All you need is certain things to set you off.

"...what? I agree with Spike, but your reasoning is ridiculous. How many times have we seen Gunn take out vampires, sometimes on his own? There are PLENTY of human only characters who can beat the crap out of demons, it's not so cut and dry."

Spike's not exactly your typical vampire though that you can just hit a few times and throw a stake into. He's beaten slayers, and he held his own with Angel. I don't see him having much problem with Gunn.

Vlad

LakeEarth said:
Exactly. ON HIS OWN he took out like a dozen vamps and a demon senetor. In badass style too.

Did they ever specify that the senator was a demon? I was under the impression that she was just an evil human with connections to the demon world.

LakeEarth

Tabris said:
Yeah, all in all, Spike and Angel are about even.

True, but Spike has problems about self control. He loses balance easy (The Gift, for example). Angel is much more controlled (probably all that meditation) and probably wouldn't have fallen for that.

GrEeN89

Banned
Round Two
The Buffy Big Bads vs The Angel Big Bads remember everyone is at par.

The Mayor (in either Forms) VS The Beast
Holtz VS Kokisstoff
Angelus VS Glory
Lindsey VS Evil Spike
Sahjhan vs The First
Cyrus Vail VS Evil Willow
Dru VS Darla
Crazy just lost Fred Wesley VS The Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom