• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's Next Project - 'New Halo 3 Campaign Experience'

alistairw said:
TheSuper.jpg

Joe Pesci FPS confirmed.

I saw that movie 10 years ago. :lol

Jonnyram

“Our independence has us driving toward becoming a multi-game studio and the first thing that we're gonna announce today...”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, we're not announcing anything yet.”

“But dude, it's Bungie Day!”
I think the first line was sarcasm and they're gearing up to announce Halo 4. And probably the "Superintendent" is just one of the Forerunners like Guilty Spark.

Just my theory!

TDG

Banned
Jonnyram said:
I think the first line was sarcasm and they're gearing up to announce Halo 4. And probably the "Superintendent" is just one of the Forerunners like Guilty Spark.

Just my theory!
Way too soon for that, I think. This would likely only be an acceptable timeframe for announcing a smaller project like... a 2D XBLA platformer.

bdouble

so basically they are fucking with us. It could be anything. Its like "hey we are working on this game and look this is what represents it but haha you have no idea what it is."

Might have to head to Pax though. Seatown is not that far from Ptown.

Jonnyram

Superintendent's smiley revenge.

surprised.gif
- surprised

japanese.gif
- japanese

angry.gif
- angry

moody.gif
- moody

sad.gif
- sad

suspicious.gif
- suspicious

Unfortunately, no indifferent. Get to it, Bungie boys RAWR!
angry.gif

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
oooo- let me try !

*cough* here goes ...

woof woof, gamedog like teh kute smileyz, BUY BUNJEE NOO GAME ! WOOF!
japanese.gif

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I wish these were bigger.
sad.gif

nah, they're fine, I just needed a reason to use one

Tieno

I honestly am baffled what this all means, I don't know how the little green dude could play in all of this. A parody platformer? An XBLA game?
DCharlie said:
oooo- let me try !

*cough* here goes ...

woof woof, gamedog like teh kute smileyz, BUY BUNJEE NOO GAME ! WOOF!
japanese.gif
:lol nice

i was just thinking the other day id do some crazy shit just to have a AAA quality 2d platformer again that actually advances the genre

Dirtbag

GodfatherX said:
i was just thinking the other day id do some crazy shit just to have a AAA quality 2d platformer again that actually advances the genre

dont worry, Little Big Planet is coming soon enough! Zing!

Rorschach said:
Plunger? They're calling Mario out! It's a platformer!

Frankie said:
"Yeah, well. I just want to go on the record and say that Bungie is hard at work on a side-scrolling platform game featuring some plumbers -- I'm not going to say what their ethnicity is, it's none of anyone's business -- but we took that as a gauntlet, a sort of glove slap, and we're going to respond in 2D scrolling style. That's all I'm saying."

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/14/1616214&from=rss

Plunger...check.
Seemingly 2D character....check.

I'm getting a sort of Half-Life/Mario vibe at the moment. The wrong guy in the wrong place (with the wrong weapon....)

Azar

I wish we could just find out what it is already. I'm ready to be excited for something. Pretty confident it'll kick ass no matter what it is.

MarkMacD

Given the plunger, I think we can safely assume they will announce they are working on a Space Quest sequel at E3.

For the Wii.

Walshicus

SuperBonk said:
I think it's because there's a special "class" of members on Bungie.net called Superintendent. They all have that symbol (or variations of it) as their avatar.
Nonsense. I'd have heared of it.

squicken

Wow I thought you guys were joking initially. No way is Bungie making a 2D platformer. They may make some crappy XBLA (all XBLA games are crap) game, but it won't be a Mario clone.

Narcogen

Actually Abuse was neither developed nor ported by Bungie. It was published by Bungie. Bungie Software published its own titles, published titles by other developers (in this case, Crack Dot Com's Abuse) as well as games like Weekend Warrior, and games built on Bungie's own technology (like Damage Incorporated).

jax (old)

Banned
Well, dude who found bungie left and made the very underrated stubbs and I'd like Bungie to do something different. Not a FPS. like how I'd like Retro to not be making MP4.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
squicken said:
Wow I thought you guys were joking initially. No way is Bungie making a 2D platformer. They may make some crappy XBLA (all XBLA games are crap) game, but it won't be a Mario clone.
2D platformer doesn't = Mario clone.

Narcogen said:
Actually Abuse was neither developed nor ported by Bungie. It was published by Bungie. Bungie Software published its own titles, published titles by other developers (in this case, Crack Dot Com's Abuse) as well as games like Weekend Warrior, and games built on Bungie's own technology (like Damage Incorporated).
Nice to see you here, man.

GhaleonEB

Narcogen said:
Whoa. Whoa. We've got Narcogen as well? :D

Wiggum2007

So I guess this doesn't bode well for my dream of a Pimps at Sea psychonauts-esque-art-styled swashbuckling seafaring adventure rpg?

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
FFChris said:
Somehow I don't think it will catch on. :lol

Once upon a time I thought as you do...
Indifferent2.gif

I would like to see Bungie branch out and do something totally different for their next game, but their gun-and-grenadeplay is the best in the biz as far as I'm concerned, so maybe I don't want them branching out too far. A nice little XBLA game to snack on would be very welcome in any case.

Top Bottom