• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's Next Project - 'New Halo 3 Campaign Experience'

sonicmj1

In a world, where Superintendants keep everything clean and tidy...

There's only one place where people can get down and dirty.

This fall... one group of pirates will strike back against the system.

PIMPS AT SEA

An epic dystopian business management sim.

It's the only possibility. Why else would they fail to make any new PaS announcements on April 1st?

The Lamonster said:
What is this all about?
sounds like standard Bungie hiring speak. would be weird to file a copyright for it, but i don't think we can be sure it isn't that just yet.

bungie want to take over the world. work for bungie and take over the world. perhaps.

Has anybody seen this thread on Bungie.net? http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=23026387

It's about website - http://1019foxfm.net. Some are saying this is a hoax or it's about NIN new music album promotion. Front page is almost identical like ilovebees.com. There is also http://1019.net/

vxkrjs.png

1z3v81z.png

I could be nothing at all too.

EazyB

Banned
The Lamonster said:
What does that mean? Was he perma-banned or something or are you just talking about how he left Bungie?
Since he's no longer at Bungie I believe the only time he'd be involved with them is when they're working on a Halo game.

MirageDwarf said:
Has anybody seen this thread on Bungie.net? http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=23026387

It's about website - http://1019foxfm.net. Some are saying this is a hoax or it's about NIN new music album promotion. Front page is almost identical like ilovebees.com. There is also http://1019.net/

I could be nothing at all too.

Probably just some dude trying to get attention. Definitely not a Bungie thing, because Ilovebees, as well as Halo, are finished.

In a world, where Superintendants keep everything clean and tidy...

There's only one place where people can get down and dirty.

This fall... one group of pirates will strike back against the system.

PIMPS AT SEA

An epic dystopian business management sim.

:lol

soco

i saw someone with one of those shirts just the other day. it was somewhere on capitol hill but none of my videogaming friends got it other than me...

EazyB said:
Since he's no longer at Bungie I believe the only time he'd be involved with them is when they're working on a Halo game.
Yeah but I haven't seen him around GAF in a while. Maybe the new gig has him busy. Or maybe Microsoft blocks NeoGAF :lol

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
The Lamonster said:
You think the Halo kids were bugging him in PM's or something? I didn't think GAF was like that...
I am sure he is just tired of the community/PR-man role and is trying to move past that. No one can really blame him for that. I am sure he still talks with and plays with the people that he considers friends.

GhaleonEB

Haha, nice little egg there. I'm really intrigued about this little guy. I have a feeling the game is going to be a bit quirky.

MMaRsu

Banned
In any case..

SadSI.gif

-edit-

omg I hope I didn't just kick a really old topic, shit I thought this was the announcement thread. Damnit :(. Sorry mods!

CougRon

Time to bump this thread I think.

A new superintendent "Keep It Clean" post has appeared on Bungie.net. As GhaleonEB noted elsewhere, this one is significant as it is the first time that a Halo universe entity - the UNSC - has been referenced in any way. The post seems to consist of a log of a communication between the Superintendent and a comm duty officer. The officer says they are sending a team.

There is also a new post from the same user, |||||||, in the Bungie.net forums linking to the story.

CougRon said:
Time to bump this thread I think.

A new superintendent "Keep It Clean" post has appeared on Bungie.net. As GhaleonEB noted elsewhere, this one is significant as it is the first time that a Halo universe entity - the UNSC - has been referenced in any way. The post seems to consist of a log of a communication between the Superintendent and a comm duty officer. The officer says they are sending a team.

There is also a new post from the same user, |||||||, in the Bungie.net forums linking to the story.

"we're sending a team" - opens the way for a ODST squad based shooter methinks.

Either way, we seem to be getting close to an announcement of some sort....just what is happening this week with MS?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
sionyboy said:
"we're sending a team" - opens the way for a ODST squad based shooter methinks.

Either way, we seem to be getting close to an announcement of some sort....just what is happening this week with MS?

Good things.

And I'm so fucking stoked for whatever Bungie's SI announcement is. If it's indeed a new Halo game, then I welcome it with open arms
and sheer fanboy excitment
because it'll be showing off a new story to Halo (be it backstory, prequel, etc.) and it'll be Bungie's first game since going independent and thus having the creative freedom and independence they've been wanting to feel while developing.

Walshicus

Banzaiaap said:
I guess we will here about this at TGS, since one of the quotes in the message on bnet says: 'Tokyo Rules'
Not a quote per se, but it's the name of the ship the message is recieved by. "Tokyo Rules" also refers to a UN convention on prison stuff.

g23

European pre-madonna
My money is on it being an XBLA arcade game, but I really do hope its a full on original IP next-gen console game.

September 25th reveal, commemorating the one-year anniversary of Halo 3?

I really hope they aren't teasing this new game really early, I really don't want to play the hype game after the E3 fiasco.

snack said:
I really hope they aren't teasing this new game really early, I really don't want to play the hype game after the E3 fiasco.

Yeah, if there is going to be a reveal of some sorts I hope were not in for a brief CG teaser and a "TBA" release date. I'm getting use to this policy of not showing games until they are ready to be shown and be given a release date (NG2, Ninja Blade, Gears 2). I hope they don't slip back into the methods of old to accommodate Bungie.

sionyboy said:
Yeah, if there is going to be a reveal of some sorts I hope were not in for a brief CG teaser and a "TBA" release date. I'm getting use to this policy of not showing games until they are ready to be shown and be given a release date (NG2, Ninja Blade, Gears 2). I hope they don't slip back into the methods of old to accommodate Bungie.
You don't have to worry about not getting a lot of coverage for the game. It was ready to be demo'd for the press back at E3. I just don't want them to start teasing this reveal, when the reveal is a month away. I really hope this happens next week, because I really don't want to be brought along on some long cryptic hype train. I'm not blaming Bungie for what happened at E3, but I am saying they don't get to have another ARG-like reveal that spans across many months. They need to tease it, and announce within a week or two of each other.

snack said:
You don't have to worry about not getting a lot of coverage for the game. It was ready to be demo'd for the press back at E3. I just don't want them to start teasing this reveal, when the reveal is a month away. I really hope this happens next week, because I really don't want to be brought along on some long cryptic hype train. I'm not blaming Bungie for what happened at E3, but I am saying they don't get to have another ARG-like reveal that spans across many months. They need to tease it, and announce within a week or two of each other.

When luke says its darkest before dawn and dawn is about to break I dont think he means in one month, its gonna break sooooooon :D
i hope

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
[COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]: “We're sending a team, alright?”
It could mean nothing, but that line is exciting.

Kibbles

BakedPigeon said:
When luke says its darkest before dawn and dawn is about to break I dont think he means in one month, its gonna break sooooooon :D
i hope
Better be sooner. Hyping us up a month in advance after that disaster at E3... :S I say next week.

Top Bottom