• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout Legends gameplay movies

PS2 version is better. More sparks!

Kidding. This looks utterly fantastic and it will be hard to NOT pick this up the same day as Revenge. Ive been playing the demo for Revenge almost non stop, and am quickly getting spoiled by the crashbreaker during races.

Wario64 said:
i noticed ebgames changed the price for revenge and legends from $39.99 to $49.99

:(
That is funny because all the inserts coming in copies of Burnout 3 now say Revenge will be 39.99. Of course, the PSP version will be 49.99, EA needs to pay off the NFL liscence.

pj

Banned
I played the demo at eb the other day, and I wasn't all that impressed by the graphics, and I certainly wasn't amazed that it was being done on ps2. It was fun and the camera-whipping-around-time-slowing-down things were cool, but the graphics are definately overrated. And if the ps2 actually has the better looking version, then criterion needs to hire some new xbox programmers

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
pj325is said:
I played the demo at eb the other day, and I wasn't all that impressed by the graphics, and I certainly wasn't amazed that it was being done on ps2. It was fun and the camera-whipping-around-time-slowing-down things were cool, but the graphics are definately overrated. And if the ps2 actually has the better looking version, then criterion needs to hire some new xbox programmers
The game these videos are from is the Burnout for PSP. Still, I's like to know what other PS2 racer you think looks better than Burnout 3 or 4, if you weren't impressed with what they did on PS2.

pj

Banned
Marconelly said:
The game these videos are from is the Burnout for PSP. Still, I's like to know what other PS2 racer you think looks better than Burnout 3 or 4, if you weren't impressed with what they did on PS2.

Oh, durr, I got revenge and legends mixed up.

Gt4 looks better than bo:r. I haven't played many ps2 racers so I'm not exactly sure where the bar is set in that genre, but generally speaking I wasn't wowed by the graphics.

What's the official release date on this? It just may be the first PSP game I have bought since Lumines and Twisted Metal: Head On at launch.

Ponn

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
What's the official release date on this? It just may be the first PSP game I have bought since Lumines and Twisted Metal: Head On at launch.

EB still has it listed as Sept. 13th.

Soul4ger

Looks really nice, but I'm gonna be perfectly honest when I say I'm getting a little worn out on games like this, and, more broadly-speaking, racers. Of course, this is nothing more than my own opinion, but I thus I hold it none the same. I'll likely get this version of Burnout, not Revenge, simply because of its portability.

atomsk

Party Pooper
i'd sacrifice homebrew for Burnout.

since i own zero psp games, and tinkered with homebrew for about a week...

i still wonder why i bought it. (oh yeah, the allure of new hardware... gets me everytime)

VNZ

atomsk said:
i'd sacrifice homebrew for Burnout.

since i own zero psp games, and tinkered with homebrew for about a week...

i still wonder why i bought it. (oh yeah, the allure of new hardware... gets me everytime)
Buy Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee today. Your PSP deserves it. Better pitch in Ridge Racer as well.

mckmas8808

Banned
Wholly nut sacks Batman!!! That was excellent. I found a away to fully give us a Burnout 3 like expirence on a handheld. My PSP will be verrry happy. :D

Imagine when Sony actually lets the developers use 50% more of the machine.

Mrbob

Looks awesome.

But I just checked EB and Gamestop and this game retails for $49.99 which means I can't buy it. I'll wait for a sale when this drops under 40.

Yusaku

Doom_Bringer said:
looks very good but I see some slowdown! is this the final korean version or a preview copy?

I only saw slowdown in crash mode, which I can deal with. Looks like they made framerate their number one priority, graphics wise. They did well.

MadFuzzy

Looks good, but CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS PLEASE. I've heard that TOCA is going to have support for them off your memory stick so it'd be nice if EA would give us the option too.

Izzy

Banned
Most impressive...it's hard to believe it's a portable game - looks better than the most of the PS2 racers.

Still, I'm not upgrading because of this game; I'd rather buy a new PSP. (for games only)

Just transfer it to your memory stick and use a loader. That should work.

Its going to need the update to 2.0 probably and the game will probably use stuff from the 2.0 update so a loader or something to block it from having to update might and probably wont work.

eso76

Straightballin said:
Its going to need the update to 2.0 probably and the game will probably use stuff from the 2.0 update so a loader or something to block it from having to update might and probably wont work.

they are forcing me to wait for the patched iso, then (j/k :p)

Zeo

Banned
Kickass. Granted, I wouldn't get it if I had Burnout 1 and 2 (I only have 3), because I think it's just a bunch of old tracks together, right? But I'll be picking this up for sure.

Where are the DS version screens ;)

(jk)

Looks nice. I need another racer on the PSP like I need a hole in the head, but it looks too good to pass up.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Zeo said:
Kickass. Granted, I wouldn't get it if I had Burnout 1 and 2 (I only have 3), because I think it's just a bunch of old tracks together, right? But I'll be picking this up for sure.

Pretty much it is some of the special cars(ie. pink pimp mobile from #2), modes (pursuit from 2), and tracks (all games) with the BO3 type takedowns and boost meter.

Best of every world. Can't wait. Two potential GOTY burnout games released on the same day! :drool

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks good, but not as good as I had hoped. Better than the original Burnout, but certainly not up to BO3 and BOR levels. The main issue seems to be lack of lighting. The lighting is awful in comparison to BO3 and they are lacking a lot of the effects (such as motion blur). I hope it runs at 60 fps, though...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'm pretty sure there's motion blur, I've seen it in some other videos. It's just that in these two videos, this guy barely ever used nitro boost for some reason.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm pretty sure there's motion blur, I've seen it in some other videos. It's just that in these two videos, this guy barely ever used nitro boost for some reason.
Blur is ALWAYS enabled in BO3 and BOR, though, and it looks absolutely fantastic.

fr4nz said:
Don't expect more than 30fps....Confirmed by a friend of mine working at EA (he's working on the harry potter PSP title)
Well that's f*cking terrible news. I wish they'd leave it uncapped for users who will be overclocking (like me)...but I doubt it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Don't expect more than 30fps....
Well that sucks. It looked like 60FPS at E3, but it also looked markedly worse than these new videos. At least it'll be stable 30FPS, not like EA's NFSU for PSP...

atomsk

Party Pooper
VNZ said:
Buy Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee today. Your PSP deserves it. Better pitch in Ridge Racer as well.

more or less finished RR when i was still working at TRU, and not very fond of golf

outside of Burnout and Virtua Tennis i can't see myself owning that many other games for the PSP.

but hell, Burnout will be worth it

and maybe that ghost in the shell game if it turns out to be decent

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
get hot shots golf anyway. i dont care about the sport but i love the game. and i didn't play golf games till HSG

BRING BACK THE TRAFFIC FFS. Criterion are watering down the series for the masses.

I was hoping to see footage of the older tracks. There's one Burnout 2 track and it has about 25% of its original traffic FFS. I think Burnout 2 had the best balance of speed and the amount of traffic on the road. Burnout 3, Revenge and Legends just seem so devoid of traffic. It's the element that set it apart from other arcade racers.

edit: typos

mckmas8808

Banned
fr4nz said:
Don't expect more than 30fps....Confirmed by a friend of mine working at EA (he's working on the harry potter PSP title)

Did he tell you how that harry potter PSP game is coming along? Is it close to any PS2 harry potter game with its graphics.

Mrbob

Red Dolphin said:
BRING BACK THE TRAFFIC FFS. Criterion are watering down the serious for the masses.

I was hoping to see footage of the older tracks. There's one Burnout 2 track and it has about 25% of it's original traffic FFS. I think Burnout 2 had the best balance of speed and the amount of traffic on the road. Burnout 3, Revenge and Legends just seem so devoid of traffic. It's the element that set it apart from other arcade racers.

Yeah, after watching the vids again there doesn't seem much traffic on the road at all.

Top Bottom