• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BusinessInsider.com: Microsoft's Xbox is beating the PlayStation 5 this holiday season for 3 key reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called having opinions on a forum. Question is why you're always so upset as if that piece of plastic was your mother. You always show up without fail.
If you don't own something why would you even be in a thread about it in the first place? I am just as 'upset' as the people talking trash. I actually own an Xbox. I am a fan of the product. I show up to refute nonsense. Like you said its just opinions on a forum. After all the XSS didn't attack your mother right? If it did I'm sorry. 😞

First, not sure why a certain subset of users keep calling this article an ad. Business Insider is not a gaming website, or an MS affiliate .. it's just reporting business news. Should we also start calling topics about UK Physical charts ads now cause they skew heavily in one direction ?

Second, the console shortages and price gouging has been covered extensively on so many websites/articles already, it's also not relevant to this business insider article.

And finally, I'm definitely not Kretos or Thelastwords I can tell you that much :D
There is a tendency to call any positive Xbox story a paid ad and people who are fans of the Xbox paid shills. Apparently no one would like the platform unless paid to do so.

Three

If you don't own something why would you even be in a thread about it in the first place? I am just as 'upset' as the people talking trash. I actually own an Xbox. I am a fan of the product. I show up to refute nonsense. Like you said its just opinions on a forum. After all the XSS didn't attack your mother right? If it did I'm sorry. 😞
Because the thread isn't XSS specific and when people share any opinions about it they're free to do so. What nonsense are you here to refute? You're certainly not refuting the nonsense hyperbole I've seen Riky peddling, unsurprisingly.

What nonsense are you refuting exactly? It just seems more like you getting upset when somebody dislikes the XSS.

Not rocket science, the reasons are availability, availability, & availability.

That being said it's a good, albeit early, omen for MS's gamble with the XSS but the data will be much more telling once all consoles are widely available.

I've been on board from the beginning simply because I understand the need for a lower-priced entry point to this gen. I'm a prime example because I have younger kids that won't need a XSX anytime soon but are still going to want to play games released this gen. I've got two XSS under my xmas tree right now for them. Things are really going to be interesting once we get further along in this generation and price drops start happening.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Oh you're talking about best looking. Got it. Can you say which games specifically? Because I'm going to bet whatever game you say is, or will be, on PC very soon ;)

No one is saying it isn't more work to develop for multiple boxes, but I think it's not that much work. And I've asked if you know otherwise to post your source. And you haven't been able to. So I'm going with my assertion. So no, it's not a big deal for MS or other devs to develop for the Series S and X and PC. So if it's not more work and they're selling a lot of Series S consoles, then yes, it was a great decision by Microsoft and shows a huge amount of foresight. Gotta hand it to MS! Well done.

I think you are still missing my point. I too agree that making a XSS was good for Microsoft overall (considering what their goals are). My point was it WOULDN'T be a good for Sony to have gone in the same direction. Both things can be true. Not all companies need to copy each other on all fronts.

With MS putting literally every 1st party game on PC on day one, then of course making a lower powered console makes sense for them. They have all tiers cornered. And for them, it was mandatory for them to do this. But this business model wouldn't work best for Sony or Nintendo. And that's okay.

FrankWza

First, not sure why a certain subset of users keep calling this article an ad.
It doesn’t need to be an ad to read like one. According to your last post this articles point is an obvious conclusion to reach. I agree. I’m saying the more interesting thing in this industry, not just this year but historically and especially around Christmas, is selling out stock and scalping and insane demand. The s does nothing in those categories.
Every other piece of gaming hardware, from PS4 to switch to next gen consoles and graphics cards are going for far over retail on reseller sites. That the s is sitting on shelves everywhere, 2 days before Christmas, is far more newsworthy than this article. If they flooded the market instead of using those chips or wafers to make more series x, they made a mistake. Even if they could have made a few thousand x more. Again, look at the current climate. That’s where the s truly stands alone.
it's just reporting business news. Should we also start calling topics about UK Physical charts ads now cause they skew heavily in one direction ?
Did the article provide concrete numbers?

There is a tendency to call any positive Xbox story a paid ad and people who are fans of the Xbox paid shills. Apparently no one would like the platform unless paid to do so.
Again, who says this article is positive? It’s presented in a positive manner. But we all know that a case could be made that it’s availability in this climate can be looked at as a negative. It is to me.

kingfey

Banned
Again, who says this article is positive? It’s presented in a positive manner. But we all know that a case could be made that it’s availability in this climate can be looked at as a negative. It is to me.
Dont you want next gen games? Then XSS being available should help you get one. That is a positive news.

FrankWza

Dont you want next gen games? Then XSS being available should help you get one. That is a positive news.
All those games are available on last gen systems. The s is missing next gen features on some, including first party. Why would I want that? Unless you’re saying that everyone is dying to play flight sim?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It doesn’t need to be an ad to read like one. According to your last post this articles point is an obvious conclusion to reach. I agree. I’m saying the more interesting thing in this industry, not just this year but historically and especially around Christmas, is selling out stock and scalping and insane demand. The s does nothing in those categories.
Every other piece of gaming hardware, from PS4 to switch to next gen consoles and graphics cards are going for far over retail on reseller sites. That the s is sitting on shelves everywhere, 2 days before Christmas, is far more newsworthy than this article. If they flooded the market instead of using those chips or wafers to make more series x, they made a mistake. Even if they could have made a few thousand x more. Again, look at the current climate. That’s where the s truly stands alone.

Frank, you're twisting yourself into pretzels right now ..

Nothing in your post is clarifying why you, and a few other users, keep calling the article an advert. It is simply stating an objective truth. Nothing more.

Second, none of the big box retail stores in my zip code or its surroundings have any of these in store, even Series S. Only thing I see are shipment options on big box retail websites like Walmart or Amazon. And you just need to look at Amazon's best sellers to see the point the article is making.

Series S is the top selling console on Amazon, even above Switch. Why ? Stocks and availability. It's available, MS resupplies it much faster than SX and people buy it, hence its the best selling of the three next-gen consoles. It's .. really basic stuff.

Did the article provide concrete numbers?

Does it need to ? MS stopped giving out numbers publicly half a decade ago, the NPD group also only shares ranks, not units sold on any of the three unless the console maker themselves decide to put out PR with numbers.

All those games are available on last gen systems. The s is missing next gen features on some, including first party. Why would I want that? Unless you’re saying that everyone is dying to play flight sim?

Clearly the Series S is not the console for you. But a big majority of shoppers aren't enthusiast gaming forum goers either.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
ITS NOT. That is fake information that is being spread around.

The only difference is graphic fidelity, which is 1080p vs 4k.

If you are talking about RTX, then both ps5/xsx consoles dont have the real one. Only NVidia graphic cards have that.

adamsapple

If you’re going to keep dropping by the numbers forum gibberish like this there’s no point in talking to you because you’re deliberately not addressing any points. Did you go to the DarkMage619 DarkMage619 school of forum posting?

Which point of yours did I not address ? did you stop reading my post after the first line ? My post is pretty clear in addressing your concerns and even citing examples.

How's about you also clarify how the article is an advert to us please. We've heard this advert thing long enough without anyone clarifying it.

Because the thread isn't XSS specific and when people share any opinions about it they're free to do so. What nonsense are you here to refute? You're certainly not refuting the nonsense hyperbole I've seen Riky peddling, unsurprisingly.

What nonsense are you refuting exactly? It just seems more like you getting upset when somebody dislikes the XSS.
Hmmm a thread is about how well the XSS is selling. Tons of people here are quite upset about that. Nonsense pushed about how the XSS is going to hold back gaming. Like this:

If Series S is the majority console, its not good for both Series X and PS5 as next gen games going to be downgraded for Series S.

If I disliked something I'd avoid it. Again I am just as 'upset' as the people here lying about the XSS. With regard to Riky Riky I assume you are defending his right to an opinion?

adamsapple

offtopic but why are series x chips scarce and not series s?

I imagine its a combination of various things, smaller main board, less silicon per wafer, smaller PSU, obviously no otptical drive, smaller/cheaper SSDs.

Not just specific to one thing.

Three

offtopic but why are series x chips scarce and not series s?
All chips are scarce but MS have decided that it's better to make more Series S chips than fewer Series X ones because the series S ones are much smaller.
Hmmm a thread is about how well the XSS is selling. Tons of people here are quite upset about that. Nonsense pushed about how the XSS is going to hold back gaming. Like this:

If I disliked something I'd avoid it. Again I am just as 'upset' as the people here lying about the XSS. With regard to Riky Riky I assume you are defending his right to an opinion?
The thread isn't purely about how well the XSS is selling. Read the thread title It's about what's happening in sales and people are discussing it.

Last edited:
Well Frank I don't anyone would accuse you of seeing anything Xbox related as positive. The article is called "Microsoft's Xbox is beating the PlayStation 5 this holiday season for 3 key reasons". Not shocked you'd see that as a negative.

In addition XSS was called the downfall of gaming and it's failure was boldly predicted by many here. The system is selling despite the logical fallacy that if something isn't sold out it isn't selling. I'm positive that if this story was taken as negative as you believe most PlayStation fans would gloat and move on, certainly wouldn't be 10+ pages trying to downplay the story.

adamsapple

Well Frank I don't anyone would accuse you of seeing anything Xbox related as positive. The article is called "Microsoft's Xbox is beating the PlayStation 5 this holiday season for 3 key reasons". Not shocked you'd see that as a negative.

In addition XSS was called the downfall of gaming and it's failure was boldly predicted by many here. The system is selling despite the logical fallacy that if something isn't sold out it isn't selling. I'm positive that if this story was taken as negative as you believe most PlayStation fans would gloat and move on, certainly wouldn't be 10+ pages trying to downplay the story.

I'm just still waiting here to find out just what makes the article an advert in the first place.

It's a big mystery to me.

Lognor

Banned
No. They EXCEEDED demand. It’s 2 days before Christmas. You know what the story is when can get them at GameStop and you don’t even need to buy a bundle.:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
Those January returns though…..

Duh. We don’t need an article to tell us that. That’s why it’s easy to call it an ad. In 2021 given where the industry is, the more relevant and news worthy article is how is it possible that a next gen system is sitting on shelves when PS4s are going for $300-400 used and PS5 and series x are going for $800-$1000.
By the way, whose alt are you again? That’s a familiar way of writing something for someone who joined a month ago.
Microsoft exceeded demand? What does that even mean. That they have more units on store shelves than people want to buy them? So because MS has been able to meet demand and keep the Series S on shelves, that's a bad thing? LOL, what am I even reading?!

Go look at the "Hottest Christmas items 2021" and you'll see it includes items such as the new Airpods, Oculus Quest, Tempo Studio, etc. And these items are all in stock right now! But somehow that's a bad thing? WTF am I reading? LOL

The thread isn't purely about how well the XSS is selling. Read the thread title It's about what's happening in sales and people are discussing it.
You might have missed it but the main thing that has upset so many here is that the XSS is selling. It is one of the main thrusts of the article. To act like it isn't is to deny reality.

On series s.
-Halo is missing 120fps mode. Series x has it.
-GotG is missing Ray tracing. PS5 and x have it.
I consider those next gen features. Don’t you?
Watch Dogs Legion has raytracing on both XSS and XSX. The Hellblade remake has raytraing on both the XSX and XSS. It's almost like the developers make the choice of what features to support or not. Be honest Frank are you really worried that XSS owners aren't getting 120fps mode in Halo specifically? Does the fact that the XSS has more 120 fps titles than another system make it MORE next gen than that system?

Frank, you're twisting yourself into pretzels right now ..
You must not know Frank too well. He has been trying to inform the masses of the dangers of liking the Xbox platform for a while now. He is just a concerned citizen. Really worried about the different modes available on the XSS and of course the curse of proprietary storage and USB audio options. There is nothing about the article that is advertisement. It is simply stating some facts about the XSS and its sales. That has upset several people here. Predominately the ones hoping the system would fail.

Microsoft exceeded demand? What does that even mean. That they have more units on store shelves than people want to buy them? So because MS has been able to meet demand and keep the Series S on shelves, that's a bad thing? LOL, what am I even reading?!

Go look at the "Hottest Christmas items 2021" and you'll see it includes items such as the new Airpods, Oculus Quest, Tempo Studio, etc. And these items are all in stock right now! But somehow that's a bad thing? WTF am I reading? LOL
You have to love Frank. If something isn't sold out it isn't selling!

FrankWza

I'm just still waiting here to find out just what makes the article an advert in the first place.

It's a big mystery to me.
The article, according to a bunch of you, is obvious or stating obvious points. It doesn’t need to be a paid advertisement to read like ad because it’s redundant. Hey look at this series s and what it does and what it plays. By the way, it’s still available everywhere and at your local retailer ;). What is the point other than to point out it’s availability since the information in the article is so obvious?
Series S on shelves, that's a bad thing?
If something isn't sold out it isn't selling!
You got numbers?

Airpods, Oculus Quest, Tempo Studio, etc.
All great consoles. Which ones play fifa?

Lognor

Banned
I think you are still missing my point. I too agree that making a XSS was good for Microsoft overall (considering what their goals are). My point was it WOULDN'T be a good for Sony to have gone in the same direction. Both things can be true. Not all companies need to copy each other on all fronts.

With MS putting literally every 1st party game on PC on day one, then of course making a lower powered console makes sense for them. They have all tiers cornered. And for them, it was mandatory for them to do this. But this business model wouldn't work best for Sony or Nintendo. And that's okay.
I think it would have been an excellent decision for Sony to go in that same direction. Sony is also branching out and releasing their big titles on PC. If they had gone this route they would have consoles on the shelves. They would be selling more games. They would be selling more accessories. They would be selling more subscriptions. It seems like it was a huge missed opportunity, especially looking at how the Series S is turning out for Microsoft. It's an opinion, and yours differs. And that's okay. I just think your arguments as to why it isn't a good idea are very weak.
I never mentioned Nintendo. But Nintendo, like Microsoft with the Series S, is doing an excellent job of keeping consoles on shelves. Sony has nothing on shelves this holiday season. Huge missed opportunity.

Lognor

Banned
The article, according to a bunch of you, is obvious or stating obvious points. It doesn’t need to be a paid advertisement to read like ad because it’s redundant. Hey look at this series s and what it does and what it plays. By the way, it’s still available everywhere and at your local retailer ;). What is the point other than to point out it’s availability since the information in the article is so obvious?

You got numbers?

All great consoles. Which ones play fifa?
So now it's only a bad thing for CONSOLES to be on shelves. Holy shit. The goal post moving. Unbelievable.

The Series S is a big hit because most people don't care about 4k or other bullet points that people like us who post here care about. Most folks just want to play videogames, see Game Pass as a good deal, that is why the system is successful and no amount of whining about it on NeoGAF is going to change that. We are the minority.

Tams

Less about the Xbox Series S being liked more and more about getting something to keep the little terrors from ruining Christmas Day, no?

levyjl1988

Banned
The people actually struggling to secure a PS5 and Series X are ones expecting to walk into a store and buy them. If those were more tech savvy and check twitter in stock drops they would have gotten and secured a console already. In Canada it’s quite easy, but I heard in the US it’s hard lol.

I really hope you follow what you say there...good lord, it's like a comedy show.
Find any thread when I pop in to trash a game or console. Just list ONE.

It doesn't read like an ad Frank. Again just because something is available for sale doesn't mean it isn't selling.

You got numbers?
Numbers for what? The number of XSS units that have sold? Let's say I can't produce the internal numbers from MS, would we conclude that the XSS is NOT selling and that all units on shelves are launch units?

adamsapple

So your main issue is the very existence of this article a business website wrote congratulating the Series S for being the best selling next-gen console in the US, and giving out 3 reasons why that happened, one of which is availability ?

No, Frank, that's not shallow at all :lollipop_smirking:

Hopefully I'll see you in similar topics for other hardware numbers in the near future with this level of gusto Frank. But something tells me we won't :D.

Last edited:
The people actually struggling to secure a PS5 and Series X are ones expecting to walk into a store and buy them. If those were more tech savvy and check twitter in stock drops they would have gotten and secured a console already. In Canada it’s quite easy, but I heard in the US it’s hard lol.
If people were more tech savvy would that mean Sony and MS would also produce more Series X and PS5? Because they all get snarfed up right away and no amount of checking Twitter or other social media platforms is going to change that.

adamsapple

If people were more tech savvy would that mean Sony and MS would also produce more Series X and PS5? Because they all get snarfed up right away and no amount of checking Twitter or other social media platforms is going to change that.

It's a matter of luck and chance. The same twitter feeds we're looking at, the scalpers are looking at too.

It's unfortunate, but its what's happening.

Three

You might have missed it but the main thing that has upset so many here is that the XSS is selling. It is one of the main thrusts of the article. To act like it isn't is to deny reality.

Again read the thread title. People are discussing why it sold more than a PS5 this holiday season. It isn't purely about good XSS sales that some are entering to rain on its parade and you know that.

Again read the thread title. People are discussing why it sold more than a PS5 this holiday season. It isn't purely about good XSS sales that some are entering to rain on its parade and you know that.
The motivation many here have to give an 'opinion' on the article is BECAUSE it talks about the XSS selling well compared to the PS5. That offends many people's sensibilities and they have to voice their displeasure. They HAVE to rain on the parade because the XSS was supposed to be a complete and absolute failure. If the XSS wasn't part of the discussion there would be way fewer people here popping off.

Three

The motivation many here have to give an 'opinion' on the article is BECAUSE it talks about the XSS selling well compared to the PS5. That offends many people's sensibilities and they have to voice their displeasure. They HAVE to rain on the parade because the XSS was supposed to be a complete and absolute failure. If the XSS wasn't part of the discussion there would be way fewer people here popping off.
People are saying that it is because PS5 and XSX have all sold out much faster than the XSS and some are even giving their opinion about the desirability of the XSS in comparison and how they think it is inferior and wouldn't have sold more had the others been in stock. The person that seems to have their sensibilities offended are those who take offence to another persons opinion of a plastic box like yourself.

mckmas8808

I think it would have been an excellent decision for Sony to go in that same direction. Sony is also branching out and releasing their big titles on PC. If they had gone this route they would have consoles on the shelves. They would be selling more games. They would be selling more accessories. They would be selling more subscriptions. It seems like it was a huge missed opportunity, especially looking at how the Series S is turning out for Microsoft. It's an opinion, and yours differs. And that's okay. I just think your arguments as to why it isn't a good idea are very weak.
I never mentioned Nintendo. But Nintendo, like Microsoft with the Series S, is doing an excellent job of keeping consoles on shelves. Sony has nothing on shelves this holiday season. Huge missed opportunity.

You're assuming that Microsoft has Series S consoles on the shelf due to a high number of supply. Why? Why are you assuming that?

Last edited:
People are saying that it is because PS5 and XSX have all sold out much faster than the XSS and some are even giving their opinion about the desirability of the XSS in comparison and how they think it is inferior and wouldn't have sold more had the others been in stock. The person that seems to have their sensibilities offended are those who take offence to another persons opinion of a plastic box like yourself.
Yeah it's my fault people post nonsense and make up stuff about a system they don't own and never planned to buy. If the system is so inferior as you claim you could simply ignore it and maybe it will go away right? To me the one going out of their way to trash the system they don't like seems to be far more bothered. But if it hurt you in some way I totally get it.

Guess it has it.

Why arent developers using it?
Developers make choices on features they want to implement on games all the time. Compromises have to be made and since the XSS has a smaller GPU it may require greater compromises by design. It's how they kept the costs down.

Lognor

Banned
You're assuming that Microsoft has Series S consoles on the shelf due to a high number of supply. Why? Why are you assuming that?
So you're suggesting the alternative is low supply and low demand? And that would then mean that the PS5 has even less supply. Hmm...

We know the Series S outsold the PS5 in November. We know the Series S has been in the top ten on Amazon for a while now (skus currently at numbers 9 & 20).

There must be enough demand for the Series S to continue to chart this high. Did NPD numbers leak? If so, we can have actual data to back that up.

Where are you facts to back up your assertions? Still waiting on that. You've posted no links, nothing.

mckmas8808

So you're suggesting the alternative is low supply and low demand? And that would then mean that the PS5 has even less supply. Hmm...

We know the Series S outsold the PS5 in November. We know the Series S has been in the top ten on Amazon for a while now (skus currently at numbers 9 & 20).

There must be enough demand for the Series S to continue to chart this high. Did NPD numbers leak? If so, we can have actual data to back that up.

Where are you facts to back up your assertions? Still waiting on that. You've posted no links, nothing.

I'd say medium supply and low demand. Yes. And yes the PS5 and XSX is in even lower supply than that. I think the NPD numbers did leak. And from memory I "think" it showed that this was a VERY slow November in total consoles sold, compared to every other November in the last 10 or so years.

Series S supports the exact same graphics featureset as the Series X, including all of the same GPU customizations. All of Series S's differences are related to either volume of capacity or load. Less RAM (capacity), smaller SSD (capacity), lower scene-for-scene RT (load), smaller RAM bandwidth (load), etc. However all of these things are pertaining to graphical features that can be scaled up and down throughout the pipeline.

Otherwise every single DX12U feature that Series X supports, the S also supports, so it's literally not missing a single feature. If there's any console currently on the market that may hold back next-gen by missing support for features, it's the Nintendo Switch and Switch OLED. Because unlike PS4 and XBO, the Switch is still being mass-produced for customers to buy today, and will continue to get 3P software support post-2022.

Isn't that the exact reason people were using to justify it taking BF? That it was in high supply? Is the focus now shifting to imply that, in rationalizing the high supply, that the supply was high due to low demand?

How do you even gauge that? When do you know supply is replenished at store warehouses? Can't we essentially use the metric of "high supply, and high supply due to low demand" and apply that to Series X and PS5 whenever they see high sales, too? We could do the same with Switch by that logic.

I think it is fair to say that, particularly with hardcore and core gamers, Series S is not in as high demand as Series X or PS5. However, people really need to quantify what they mean by "lower demand" because some are trying to imply it's a massive chasm of a divide in pure demand when, if that were the case, sales results would show it. Yet, sales results are showing that customers are still willing to buy Series S in large volumes.

If demand were as low as some people want to think, then people would not even spend $300 on a Series S. Plenty of actually in-low-demand-systems over years past just sat on store shelves regardless of vigorous price cuts and promotional deals. Said systems would've needed bargain-bin prices to move in large volumes, that is clearly not the case with Series S.

We can safely say that Series S is in demand, maybe somewhat less than Series X and PS5, without trying to make it seem as if it's the leper of gaming consoles (no offense to actual leprosy patients out there, you have my spiritual support).

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
I'd say medium supply and low demand. Yes. And yes the PS5 and XSX is in even lower supply than that. I think the NPD numbers did leak. And from memory I "think" it showed that this was a VERY slow November in total consoles sold, compared to every other November in the last 10 or so years.
Low demand? How do you explain how the Series S has continually been in the top ten best selling items in video games on Amazon, the largest retailer in the US? Are you saying demand for video game items is that low on Amazon? Or is Amazon not indicative to the rest of the US? Or that it might have decent demand in the US but no demand outside of the US? What exactly are you trying to say?

FrankWza

Series S supports the exact same graphics featureset as the Series X, including all of the same GPU customizations. All of Series S's differences are related to either volume of capacity or load. Less RAM (capacity), smaller SSD (capacity), lower scene-for-scene RT (load), smaller RAM bandwidth (load), etc. However all of these things are pertaining to graphical features that can be scaled up and down throughout the pipeline.
I don’t know why you’re bringing hardware into the conversation. They promised the same experience per game and have not always delivered. See halo and GotG. Anything can probably be scaled when you remove enough to get it running. That takes time and effort and resources that the lead consoles can use in their dev time. Yet they’re still removing promised features in games that the x has.
Edit: and PS5

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Isn't that the exact reason people were using to justify it taking BF? That it was in high supply? Is the focus now shifting to imply that, in rationalizing the high supply, that the supply was high due to low demand?

How do you even gauge that? When do you know supply is replenished at store warehouses? Can't we essentially use the metric of "high supply, and high supply due to low demand" and apply that to Series X and PS5 whenever they see high sales, too? We could do the same with Switch by that logic.

I think it is fair to say that, particularly with hardcore and core gamers, Series S is not in as high demand as Series X or PS5. However, people really need to quantify what they mean by "lower demand" because some are trying to imply it's a massive chasm of a divide in pure demand when, if that were the case, sales results would show it. Yet, sales results are showing that customers are still willing to buy Series S in large volumes.

If demand were as low as some people want to think, then people would not even spend $300 on a Series S. Plenty of actually in-low-demand-systems over years past just sat on store shelves regardless of vigorous price cuts and promotional deals. Said systems would've needed bargain-bin prices to move in large volumes, that is clearly not the case with Series S.

We can safely say that Series S is in demand, maybe somewhat less than Series X and PS5, without trying to make it seem as if it's the leper of gaming consoles (no offense to actual leprosy patients out there, you have my spiritual support).

We don't have clear evidence that the supply was high. You say the bolded as if we have hardware sales numbers for the Xbox Series S or X. What do you consider "Large volumes"? Because I think some here are trying to make it seem as if selling the most in one holiday month equals high sells.
Low demand? How do you explain how the Series S has continually been in the top ten best selling items in video games on Amazon, the largest retailer in the US? Are you saying demand for video game items is that low on Amazon? Or is Amazon not indicative to the rest of the US? Or that it might have decent demand in the US but no demand outside of the US? What exactly are you trying to say?

1. Amazon is not a good gauge for hardware sales.
2. We need real sales numbers. We NEED Microsoft to give us the goods. So far we can only rely on the rumor mill (from people that tend to know things when corporates want them keep secret).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom