• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BusinessInsider.com: Microsoft's Xbox is beating the PlayStation 5 this holiday season for 3 key reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stock screwed them both over. They only did like 500k-600k for the month. Which is terrible for November. Nobody should bd happy because this shortage doesn't look like ending.

Ozriel

M$FT
You're trying to frame things so that if you disagree that Halo 5 and FH5 make a "strong case" for the Xbox (these are two series with a long historical record, and have not ever moved the needle towards Xbox being in a lead position.

Me: “Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 are great games and genuine system sellers. Good reasons for people to want to pick up an Xbox”

You “in the past, these two series have not moved the needle to put xbox in the lead”

Who said anything about putting xbox in the lead? What do you gain from console warring?

But I do admire your attempted rhetorical device basically saying people who disagree (i.e. you frame disagreement as "mocking") with what is written is basically not "sane."

‘Mocking’ was used by the person who I was responding to. It’s usually a great idea to read the conversation first before replying.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Hope you get lucky to get one.

I am still waiting for ps5. Its harder to get one. And I was lucky to get one for my little brother. My luck doesn't work on me though. It's out of stock, every time I check it.
Yeah man, good luck to you, too.
And at least when I get my Raspberry Pi, though, I will have actual games to play on it, unlike the PS5. 😜

/s

ZoukGalaxy

Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Good news for Xbox and for the kids that will be able to get a current gen console this holiday season.

Unfortunately, I see, as usual, a certain group of people are generating enough salt to keep the entire population of the world supplied into the next millennium. I do think topics like this i.e., positive Xbox news, should come with a trigger warning. Poor @Rivet is about to have a breakdown this thread has so triggered him.
I feel you on that trigger warning for Xbox threads. Jesus Christ. It's not fair for us to lay all the good Xbox news on these hardcore Sony fans. These boys ain't ready for it. Lol

Holy shit, dude! There are some levels of being high that were never meant to be crossed! Some shit you can't come back from. I think you're there.

So wait, you’re actuallly gonna tell me that looks significantly better than death stranding or TLOU2? Which are PS4 games…. You’re talking about those cutscene cinematic as if developing a game only for PC puts it in another stratosphere. I don’t see it

FAEmmBqX0AAz98o

413371449.jpg

FADXofnXMAIJ-25

f185e6b04e053c9e4ce95a62b32218d4.jpg

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
That's my point! If a PC game maker only made games for PCs and didn't care about consoles, you'd see the best looking game ever. Well actually......

ZTMFmc.jpg

ZryeUb.jpg

ZtUlb7.jpg

Just 1 word

Rtx 3080 max 4k.
The demo

Never trust a developer showcase. Because that is a marketing deception.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
So your going to shame children/teens for wanting a PS5/Series X for Christmas instead of Series S wow...

MS must have an affiliate program for the Series S or something lol .....
My daddy used to tell me to shit into one hand and expect into the other one and see which one fills up first. I'm not going to shame anyone for wanting something. It's natural to want things. But I'm not going to feel bad for a brat who expects a $500 console for Christmas and gets angry when they get one that cost only $300. Parents don't owe their kids expensive toys.

GHG

Just 1 word

Rtx 3080 max 4k.
The demo

Yeh... No. And this is from 2 years ago:

It's pretty much the most ambitious gaming project out there but whether it ever actually releases in a final version is another story.

kingfey

Banned
Yeh... No. And this is from 2 years ago:

It's pretty much the most ambitious gaming project out there but whether it ever actually releases in a final version is another story.

I am not going to trust these guys like that. We had games which had great graphics on the showcase, that turned rubbish after release. Case in point, watch dogs.

Star citizen have been hyped for years like cyberpunk2077.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
So wait, you’re actuallly gonna tell me that looks significantly better than death stranding or TLOU2? Which are PS4 games…. You’re talking about those cutscene cinematic as if developing a game only for PC puts it in another stratosphere. I don’t see it

FAEmmBqX0AAz98o

413371449.jpg

FADXofnXMAIJ-25

f185e6b04e053c9e4ce95a62b32218d4.jpg
Yes

kingfey

Banned
can you post the gameplay, instead of in-game picture? Because PC games blows this to the ground.

That is mods added to 2011 game. That is what amatuer people are able to do it on pc.

Red dead 2 pc mods again. This time is photorealistic mod, with raytracing.

kingfey

Banned
You can purchase access and play it right now. Stop talking out of your arse for once.
I am still recovering from cyberpunk. And this game had bad reputation, so I was catious.

I might buy the early access and see it for myself.

can you post the gameplay, instead of in-game picture? Because PC games blows this to the ground.

That is mods added to 2011 game. That is what amatuer people are able to do it on pc.

Red dead 2 pc mods again. This time is photorealistic mod, with raytracing.

You are gaslighting me

kingfey

Banned
Wow, those screen shots of faces look like photos of real people. The only thing I've seen that even comes close is Hellblade 2.
Check out the pc mods for certain games. They feel way different than actual games. Its like a realistic mode for them.

Here is skyrim mod.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Good news for Xbox and for the kids that will be able to get a current gen console this holiday season.

Unfortunately, I see, as usual, a certain group of people are generating enough salt to keep the entire population of the world supplied into the next millennium. I do think topics like this i.e., positive Xbox news, should come with a trigger warning. Poor @Rivet is about to have a breakdown this thread has so triggered him.
No one is salty or triggered.

Xbox fans in this thread don't know how to really respond to the fact that there are supply constraints other than to accuse people of being salty.

The demo

Not to derail the discussion or anything. But I played through this particular mission recently, and it's pretty much inline with the showcase. I would say it's 90 percent similar. Shrug.

TLZ

Banned
?

which next gen game doesn't Series S have that Series X has ? or is this a gotcha post about PS5 exclusives ?
Why are you specifying Series X now? The post said PS5/XSX. Then you said Series S has all Nextgen games, and that's untrue.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Why are you specifying Series X now? The post said PS5/XSX.

1. The post doesn't mention PS5 anywhere.

2. It shouldn't take a thesis to understand when talking about the Xbox Series S, the post is referring to next-gen games on the Xbox platform.

Come on, man.

ManaByte

I am not going to trust these guys like that. We had games which had great graphics on the showcase, that turned rubbish after release. Case in point, watch dogs.

Star citizen have been hyped for years like cyberpunk2077.

The difference is if you have the hardware to run it you can run Star Citizen RIGHT NOW.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
>ten page thread full of sodium and copium
>"n-nobody's salty guys I swear"

It is what it is.
You're right, people are getting salty.

Every time someone pointed out stock issues, there was a negative response to it. That's the definition of salt.

Xbox fans want to see this as a major success without the asterisk. This is in fact the reason why and people shouldn't respond so negatively towards it.

TLZ

Banned
1. The post doesn't mention PS5 anywhere.

2. It shouldn't take a thesis to understand when talking about the Xbox Series S, the post is referring to next-gen games on the Xbox platform.

Come on, man.

Check below

So your going to shame children/teens for wanting a PS5/Series X for Christmas instead of Series S wow...

MS must have an affiliate program for the Series S or something lol .....

Are You Ok Burn GIF

You expect parents to casual drop 500$ in this pandemic? And if they don't, they are shit parents?

Man you must be living in a bubble. I am sorry, but no sane parents is going to drop that much money easily for their kids. Unless the parents have alot of money, you can 💋 "those 500$ console" bye. It ain't happening chief.

I don't expect parents to do anything ....

My point is we were all kids at one point and wanted things we couldn't have or afford. I don't think anyone should be shamed for that.

For a younger kid or early teenager, the Series S would make for a far better gift, it's cheaper .. smaller .. has all the next-gen games you want
Here you go.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
But that's not my post lol .. you're reaching 4 quoted posts behind to try and 'gotcha-bitch' me here.

I'm sorry fam, I'll let you alone, you've clearly got other things on your mind.

kingfey

Banned
You're right, people are getting salty.

Every time someone pointed out stock issues, there was a negative response to it. That's the definition of salt.

Xbox fans want to see this as a major success without the asterisk. This is in fact the reason why and people shouldn't respond so negatively towards it.
Says the guy who brings the stock issues, everytime this console has success.

Stop trying to act like neutral.

TLZ

Banned
But that's not my post lol .. you're reaching 4 quoted posts behind to try and 'gotcha-bitch' me here.

I'm sorry fam, I'll let you alone, you've clearly got other things on your mind.
Nope. That is the guy you budged in to respond to.

And that's not how kids operate anyway.

truth411

There will be demand, when supply is low. If supply is higher, there won't be demand.

Xss supply is higher, and is satisfying the demand, while xsx/ps5 cant supply enough to satisfy the demand.

If xss doesn't sell well, like the people here sayings, Ms would reduce the price to $200-$250, to increase the demand for the console. But because they aren't lowering the price, the console is selling very well.

Anyone who took business in college, knows this. But our boys here don't, so they keep talking shit.
This is a false Narrative. The demand for PS5 and XSX supply doesnt meet demand, Period. If Supply was not an issue the XSS would not have been a #1 in sales Period. Yes there is more supply for XSS (its a smaller SOC thus easier to produce) but that isnt representative for its demand for it. People are simply getting what they can get, everything else is SOLD OUT. Heck even the XSS is largely sold out but comes instock more often, thus more sales. Until the global chip shortage is over everyone should ignore sales numbers. Heck even the Switch is Sold Out.

kingfey

Banned
This is a false Narrative. The demand for PS5 and XSX supply doesnt meet demand, Period. If Supply was not an issue the XSS would not have been a #1 in sales Period. Yes there is more supply for XSS (its a smaller SOC thus easier to produce) but that isnt representative for its demand for it. People are simply getting what they can get, everything else is SOLD OUT. Heck even the XSS is largely sold out but comes instock more often, thus more sales. Until the global chip shortage is over everyone should ignore sales numbers. Heck even the Switch is Sold Out.

There will be demand, when supply is low. If supply is higher, there won't be demand.

Both consoles have low supply due to stock, and because of that, they cant satisfy the demand. And since you cant satisfy the demand, you will have high demand for your product. (xsx,ps5)
If both consoles had high supply, everyone who wants the console will be able to get them. Because of how easy is to get the product, the demand would be low. (xss, switch)

The chip shortages is breaking the law of equilibrium. Which results in higher demand. Which is responsible for "Out of stock".

Until that chip shortage is fixed, both consoles will face this problem for a long time.

Xss has higher supply, which users here reported of its availability. Because of that, the XSS doesn't meet "higher demand" status, since supply exceeds demand. Same for switch. Switch has more supply, which makes the demand less, since you can buy one. XSX/PS5 have limited stock, which makes the demand for them higher. And because Sony and MS arent providing enough supply, both console will be in much higher demand. Its why its get "out of stock" status.

It doesnt have anything to do with n1 sales. Its whoever can satisfy the demand, will win that month.

Three

People who actually own one seem happy with it, it seems to be the people who don't and have no intention of buying one who aren't, funny that.
Gee I wonder why that is? Is it really funny or do people not buy things they don't like and people buy things that they at least have some liking to? I think we need to get Einstein on the case for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom