• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty devs can't take a joke

Bartski

Gold Member

The joke was met with more shocked reaction than anything else at The Game Awards, with the camera panning to attendees that covered their mouths or sat straight faced. But Call of Duty developers didn't hide their reactions, posting on social media to criticise the joke.
"Funny", said Ajinkya Limaye, a former Call of Duty developer at Infinity Ward that now works as a senior systems designer at Bungie. "But yeah, the metrics that Call of Duty absolutely destroys all of the God of War games (probably combined to be honest) is also equally laughable (if not more)."
Associate art director of fellow Call of Duty studio Treyarch Nelson Plumey weight in too: "Imagine having short user engagement once your game is consumed. Can't relate," they said.

calistan

It was strange to poke fun at a major 'industry'player during a show that's basically just a big fat PR piece for that industry.

Somehow this year's CoD campaign took me about 8-9 hours, so I don't really get those jibes about how short it is. Seems much the same as all the previous ones.

Bry0

“Associate art director of fellow Call of Duty studio Treyarch Nelson Plumey weight in too: "Imagine having short user engagement once your game is consumed. Can't relate," they said.”

puke GIF

RickMasters

It was strange to poke fun at a major 'industry'player during a show that's basically just a big fat PR piece for that industry.

Somehow this year's CoD campaign took me about 8-9 hours, so I don't really get those jibes about how short it is. Seems much the same as all the previous ones.
True. Cod campaigns are never really lengthy experiences.

lol I mean. They took a shot. So they shot back. It’s a joke cause ppl on neogaf or most forums hate cod. Or any kinda game that have these huge player base that don’t have nothing to do with them or have the same thinking. Ppl who buy madden, nba, fifa, cod every year or the ppl that buy battles passes over and over again. They don’t really care to much what gaming forums. Hell, I remember like going back 15 years ago, so call gamers would call them ppl not true gamers.

Mowcno

"The joke was met with more shocked reaction than anything else at The Game Awards, with the camera panning to attendees that covered their mouths or sat straight faced."

TWvzk6e.jpg

What alternate reality are IGN living in. Trying to paint it as if the audience were shocked and appalled by the joke too. Basically everyone is laughing or smiling lol.

But sure IGN let's try and manufacture more fake drama.

It was funny, some people need to stop taking themselves so seriously.

unlurkified

“Associate art director of fellow Call of Duty studio Treyarch Nelson Plumey weight in too: "Imagine having short user engagement once your game is consumed. Can't relate," they said.”

puke GIF
Baffling that he didn’t realize how cringe his statement was before posting it. Imagine being proud of kids being addicted to your barely iterative game and comparing that to one of the best SP series out there.

Killer8

Snowflakes can't take a joke. And I like how to them, Christopher Judge is the representative of all of the God of War series and because of what he said, it's therefore now fair game to shit on all of GOW - as if there weren't thousands of hard working people also involved with the creation of the games. Or the idea that Judge is now some rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe InDuStRy and so isn't allowed to voice his individual joke opinion about how dogshit this year's COD campaign was.

cod zombies is the shit
Fuck the haters
COD Zombies was the shit until Black Ops 4. Nowadays it's like multiplayer with zombies, sadly. Which I know was a deliberate decision to appeal to multiplayer/Warzone players but yeah, the mode really isn't what made it special anymore.

DavidGzz

It's only natural. You all shoot back when your favorite console is dissed. This was viewed by many and will continue being a joke for years to come.

GHG

warning on air GIF by Adult Swim

These guys can't go a day without crying about something. Always the victims, always under attack.

And now they've even got to defend and bat for Call of Duty like their lives depend on it. It's as if they fail to realise this is a franchise, that while popular, frequently gets shat on from great height by the gaming community.

His skin clearly isn't thick enough to deal with this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom