• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Welfare 2 PC Performance

ZehDon

Gold Member
Performance feels good to me. I play locked at 100FPS (my monitor's refresh) at 3440x1440, maximum settings and no image scaling, on my i9 and RTX 3090. I was ready for some heavier load during Invasion and/or Ground War, but it stayed locked at 100FPS.

With that said, the technical state of the game itself isn't particularly good. Starting to get more and more frequent crashing. Constant texture flickers - white and black - also make multiplayer harder, because I'm having to differentiate between a player moving and a texture flickering. Definitely a step down here. Hope they get it fixed soon, loving the game otherwise.

I Master l

Banned
How is it runing on a 1080ti 1440p? I assume I can expect no drops below 60?

XSX is running this game at 2160p/60fps with reconstruction, not sure what is the base resolution but it's definitely above 1440p
Your card should run it 1440p/60 not problem

daninthemix

I'm playing max settings 4k DLSS Quality on my 5950X / 4090 rig, with a 60fps cap. Constant locked 60 without a single drop.

Why DLSS when I could play native? Because I think DLSS Quality improves on native in every game I've tried, in terms of sharpness and aliasing.
Why a 60fps cap? Because I care about the planet (and my energy bill).

ThisIsMyDog

I'm playing max settings 4k DLSS Quality on my 5950X / 4090 rig, with a 60fps cap. Constant locked 60 without a single drop.

Why DLSS when I could play native? Because I think DLSS Quality improves on native in every game I've tried, in terms of sharpness and aliasing.
Why a 60fps cap? Because I care about the planet (and my energy bill).
Fuck the planet, humanity do not deserve future anyway. Cap at 144fps.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
526.86 out

Game Ready
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II. Specifically, this new Game Ready Driver offers improved stability, solves image corruption issues, and supports NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution and NVIDIA Reflex.

Fixed Issues in Version 526.86 WHQL

• [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II] Flashing corruption can be seen randomly while playing the game.
  • [Call of Duty: Vanguard] Game may randomly crash after extended gameplay
  • VTube Studio crashes to black screen after driver update
  • GPU may get stuck in P0 state after exiting certain games
  • [Anvil Engine Games] Environment flickering
  • Drop in 8K60 AV1 decoding performance on RTX 4090
  • [Forza Horizon 5] Some PC configurations may see rainbow-like artifacts in game after extended gameplay
Open Issues in Version 526.86 WHQL

• Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
  • [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings. [200742937]
  • Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. [3592260]
  • Maxon - Cinema4D + Redshift3D vidmemory allocations cause TDR or Driver Crash [3659104]
  • RedCine-X Pro potential crash while working with effects during video playback [3809401]
  • Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) service may report higher GPU usage on some RTX 30-series configurations [3830387]. Workaround: disable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling from the Windows Settings
  • [Daz Studio] Application crashes after updating to latest driver when trying to run simulation [3838022]

clarky

Gold Member
Friend of mine can even start the game hits play on steam and it does nothing, just goes to running then back to play again. Anyone have similar issues with this or any other steam game? Verified files and all the usual fixes, no dice.

Top Bottom