• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can I return a PS5 slim to Walmart even though I used the included Spider-man 2 code?

David B

An Idiot
I'm suspecting that I won't be able to get a refund at all for it since I did use the Spider-man 2 code for the free game. So yeah. Just checking around if I can get a full refund or not. I'm seriously thinking not because most places always go well not all things are included, so no we can't give you a refund. What do you think?

Cornbread78

Store policy would say no because they can't get credit back from corporate for incomplete returns.

That being said, most Service Desk reps only check the serial number to make sure it matches and take them back anyway...

//DEVIL//

you're asking if you can steal a game. how are you even ok with this?

If you want to return it. find any Spider-Man 2 digital code on the Facebook marketplace or whatever buy-and-sell site in your area, put it in the box, and return it.

I honestly do not understand the morals of some people. if you weren't sure in the first place as an excuse you wanna give, you could have waited on using the code.

What will actually likely happen is no one who works at the store will know or care at the point of return. However a few days later the code will be revoked and the game will vanish from your PS account. The bundle game code is attached to the serial number of the console and Sony handles the rest once a console serial number is marked as a returned item.

Last edited:

David B

An Idiot
What will actually likely happen is no one who works at the store will know or care at the point of return. However a few days later the code will be revoked and the game will vanish from your PS account. The bundle game code is attached to the serial number of the console and Sony handles the rest once a console serial number is marked as a returned item.
Holly crap are you serious? Please get back on this matter.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I doubt it will be revoked unless this is a new thing.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It plays PS4 games with really bad frame rate. So I'm keeping my PS5 digital original console with volcanic red plates instead as it doesn't have PS4 game problems.

Wait ... You believe that the new PS5 slim is slower at playing PS4 games in comatibility mode than the previous model???

David B

An Idiot
Wait ... You believe that the new PS5 slim is slower at playing PS4 games in comatibility mode than the previous model???
Yeah my PS5 digital original no problems. But I played PS4 COD games in the PS5 slim disc console and the frame rate was horrible. Guys freezing in the air, black out areas and colors coming in slowly, it was bad.

Jayjayhd34

Yeah my PS5 digital original no problems. But I played PS4 COD games in the PS5 slim disc console and the frame rate was horrible. Guys freezing in the air, black out areas and colors coming in slowly, it was bad.
Maybe just need replacement model sounds faulty unit and yes they have replace or refund if its faulty.

It plays PS4 games with really bad frame rate. So I'm keeping my PS5 digital original console with volcanic red plates instead as it doesn't have PS4 game problems.
604d15c1807e206a05990b48499bda3d.gif

reinking

Gold Member
Holly crap are you serious? Please get back on this matter.
If you returned the console that came with the bundle why would you be upset if they took back the other part of the bundle? If you return the console and get to keep it, be happy. If you return the console and they revoke it, you're out nothing. Nobody owes you a free game because you didn't like your purchase decision.

cormack12

Gold Member
Not sure where you're from. In UK doubt a supermarket would check to be honest. But you're just being shitty to others. You're on a forum where anyone could potentially be a victim of this 🤷‍♂️

Just buy the physical game and chuck it in the box if you care about it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I returned psvr2 even though I used horizon code and played it. I just paid for the difference.
But it's europe

Top Bottom