• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
6PZvA7N.jpg

Its time for the Marvel Superhero Civil War! In the adaptation of the acclaimed story line, created by Mark Millar and Steve McNiven back in 2006, Marvel Studios will let the heroes of the MCU choose sides! In the comic book, it was all about this question: Should the superhero community reveal their secret identities to the government and become Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. following an incident that left many children dead due to a fight between super-powered beings?

It is very unlikely that we will see a close adaptation of the story, since there are currently no heroes with a secret identity in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Still, all hints towards that the heroes will gather around Captain America and Iron Man.

Shooting: April 2015
Release: May 6 2016

-Story
Synopsis
“Captain America: Civil War” picks up where “Avengers: Age of Ultron” left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

Kevin Feige on the Story:
"Something happens, perhaps it’s cumulative for things that have happened though all of the movies leading up to this point. It has made the governments of the world say “we need to have some oversight of these guys. They need to report to somebody. So it becomes more… it falls under that umbrella, rather than “you have to take off your mask.” It’s not about the secret identity thing, as much as it is about, overall, who reports to who, and who can agree to oversight committee. Because as of now, in Avengers 2, there is no more security council, there is no SHIELD, obviously. Stark is paying for it, Captain America is running it, and things occur that will make governments begin to question."

captainamerica-ironman-759.jpg

-Staff:
Director: The Russo Bros
Producer: Kevin Feige
Screenplay: Christopher Markus & Stephan McFeely
Music: Henry Jackman

-Lineup:

The Heroes

Captain America/Steve Rogers - Chris Evans
4bc7618a64f19.jpg

Iron Man/Tony Stark - Robert Downey Jr.
4bc7618ce9c6e.jpg

Black Panther/T'Challa - Chadwick Boseman
Falcon/Sam Wilson - Anthony Mackie
Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff - Scarlett Johansson
Hawkeye/Clint Barton - Jeremy Renner
Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes - Sebastian Stan
Spider-Man/Peter Parker - Tom Holland
Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff - Elizabeth Olsen
Agent 13/Sharon Carter - Emily VanCamp
Ant Man/Scott Lang - Paul Rudd
The Vision - Paul Bettany

The Villains:
Baron Zemo - Daniel Brühl
Crossbones/Brock Rumlow - Frank Grillo
General Thaddeus E. "Thunderbolt" Ross - William Hurt

The Teams:

-Captain America
-The Falcon
-Agent 13
-Winter Soldier
-Hawkeye
-Ant Man
-Scarlet Witch

-Iron Man
-War Machine
-Black Widow
-Black Panther
-The Vision
-Spider-Man

-Trailers

Trailer 1
Superbowl Trailer
Final Trailer

Special thanks to Not The Droid You're Looking For for photoshopping the Titlegraphic for me :D

-Related Threads
Captain America: Civil War Review Thread
Captain America: Civil War |OT| Finding Zemo
Captain America: Civil War SPOILER Thread - #TeamThanos

DeathyBoy

Banned
4bc7618a64f19.jpg

On your left AND right, Stark.

This film is going to be awesome. Cap is 2-0 quality wise, and the cast is stacked. Can't wait to see Winter Soldier beating the living Hell out of Iron Man.

Blader

Seems a bit early for this no? Avengers isn't even out yet and, iirc, Civil War doesn't start shooting til around April.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Seems a bit early for this no? Avengers isn't even out yet and, iirc, Civil War doesn't start shooting til around April.

We had a Batman V Superman Thread like three (?) years in advance and recently got a lot of news for Civil War... I dunno, I thought it was appropiated since we also had a lot of talk in the Age of Ultron and in the MCU-Threadabout Cap 3

Since I wanted to deliver a good OP, I hope this one doesnt get closed now...

ninjabat

Little early, but since its shooting this year hopefully some casting news will drop soon.

Do you think the defenders could show up?

Dalek

Surprised you didn't list Iron Man under villains.

If the rumor about what sets him off in this version of Civil War is true, it makes sense and it will be understandable.

Spoilerly/rumor/speculation:
Winter Soldier killed Howard Stark

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
this movie is gonna be god-tier. can not wait.

is the Spidey thing still a rumor? i'd hate for him to be shoehorned in there. we need to leave as much screen time for T'Challa as possible.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Come on, man. Spidey isn't going to be in this movie. We passed January with no word whatsoever that Spidey was in Civil War.

I am still not conviced, I didnt expected them to announce something regardless how their meeting ended.
When shooting starts and never someone in a Spider-Man costume shows up, I will delist him.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
#TeamCap

I am still not conviced, I didnt expected them to announce something regardless how their meeting ended.
When shooting starts and never someone in a Spider-Man costume shows up, I will delist him.

makes more sense to keep him delisted until he's confirmed, lest the rumor overshadow the actual radness of this film

FeD.nL

Wow very Nice OT!

i'm more excited for this one than for AoU. Phase 3 just feels like the end of the journey for Some of these characters and it starts off with a bang. Cant wait for it.

#teamStark here

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
#teamStark

so we know Widow, Iron Man, Captain, Buckey, Black Panther, Fury, Falcon and maybe Hawkeye are in this movie.

That is a lot of black superheros

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly Cap 3 is going to be such a good movie. I hope the end credits scene has like just spiderman swinging around

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I would absolutely love if they went full asshole villain with Tony.

Edit: Oh, we need to pick sides.
4bc7618a64f19.jpg

Smeg off, Tony.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Love Stark the most but this time, it's gonna be
4bc7618a64f19.jpg

To think, this was originally going to release same day as Batman vs Superman.

Ein Bear

Oh wow, those 'I'm with Cap/Iron Man' banners take me back.

Still not too sure how I feel about this. Winter Soldier was awesome, so they've definitely earned the benefit of the doubt, but the comic version of the storyline sucked hard, and I generally dislike 'the good guys fall out and fight' type stories.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You know that's like the number one thing they got wrong the first time, right?

Yes. Hence why I would LOVE to see it.

edit: Rereading your comment.

I didn't have a big deal with Tony being a despicable person in Civil War. However, i didn't like them trying to paint this piece of shit as the good guy. If the movie goes full asshole, and does make him the villain I will be fine with it.

obin_gam

I think there's something wrong with the code in the OP. Every picture is inlined way to much to the right :/ All I get is unused space.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot
Should it really look like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom