• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cream

Banned
I think someone has to die in Civil War for it to have any kind of impact. Theres got to be some consequence as a result of it. Its definitely not going to be Cap and Widow is one of the few female characters.

Bucky is an obvious choice. Could also be Hawkeye maybe?

I mean, the only way I could see it being Cap is if it's a fakeout.

Maybe Pepper.

Cream

Banned
What exactly is the reason for him having to be in that one?
The actor wants to quit acting -> killing him would 1) court to this, and 2) make this movie more important than just being another ordinary Cap movie.

These movies in this universe changes up stuff all the time. They move forward with the story. it would fit right into this mold if Steve dies at the end.

Cap leading the Avengers against Thanos is too iconic in my mind.

captain-america-thanos-infinity-gauntlet.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I wouldn't mind seeing Pepper die early, set off Tony & have Cap die as a result.

Really shake things up. Maybe have Cap return using an Infinity Stone in IW2.

Cap will get killed and then we'll see him in the Thor post credit scene fighting his way out of Hel so that he can fight Thanos with mjolnir.

More like Bucky

But I would be fine with either.

I don't think Falcon would be believable as Cap. He has no super powers. So he can't really throw the shield around and be all crazy with it. Bucky as Cap would allow him to embark on a redemption journey so that could work.

There is absolutely NO WAY that Chris Evans is not in Infinity War. Bet on it.

Rumor is that he's only in Part II, and I will be more of a New Avengers movie (not the lineup from the comics, just focusing more on characters introduced in phases 2 and 3).

Cream

Banned
Pepper dying would definitely work, drama wise. She's been a mainstay of this series of films since the beginning, and has had a major role in three of them.

Killing Pepper (or Happy) was one of the original plans they had for Civil War.

IIRC, the original inciting incident was that Speedball slips up while attempting to foil a mugging and gets Happy killed.

Then they decided that this wasn't big enough and killed a bunch of schoolkids and most of the New Warriors instead.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
IIRC, the original inciting incident was that Speedball slips up while attempting to foil a mugging and gets Happy killed.

Then they decided that this wasn't big enough and killed a bunch of schoolkids and most of the New Warriors instead.
Millar wanted first to kill of Peppers and Happys children, Tom Breevort suggested, that they dont have any kids and what about killing Pepper or Happy instead. This changed into the school.
I bought the Oversized Hardcover of civil war a couple of days ago and it includes the storyboard with the original commemts of Breevort and Joe Quesada, I am very curious what stuff was intended to happen in the beginning.

Dai101

Banned
To think, this was originally going to release same day as Batman vs Superman.

kTFvfWI.gif

Who was the one who killed steve in the comics?
because I'd bet money on him killing steve at the ending of this one.
considering Chris Evans' stance on quitting acting for a directorial career instead.

Evans said his earlier statement had been incorrect. "By no means am I planning on retiring," he said, calling his previous comments "kind of a silly statement". By way of caveat, he added: "I certainly am going to try and focus a bit more on directing at this point."

BTW OP, you're not Neoxon, what gives?

fglpA9s.png

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
There is absolutely NO WAY that Chris Evans is not in Infinity War. Bet on it.

I think someone has to die in Civil War for it to have any kind of impact. Theres got to be some consequence as a result of it. Its definitely not going to be Cap and Widow is one of the few female characters.

They can't do a tease of Cap moving the Hammer without a payoff of him beating the shit out of Thanos with it.

They can't do a tease of Cap moving the Hammer without a payoff of him beating the shit out of Thanos with it.

he's going to do it to ultron instead because that's how chekhov's gun works

literally the only reason anyone thinks that's getting saved for thanos is because they think it would be cooler

Rooster12

4bc7618ce9c6e.jpg

You know why? Cause Civil War was fucking stupid and one of the stupidest storylines I've ever read.

Fuck you, Mark Millar.

Yep, glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

Civil War is one of the worst events I've ever read, it's even worse than Age of Ultron.

Frontline and Illuminati however, were awesome. But good luck having a movie based on that.

newavnil001009col.jpg

I'd want to see Bucky get the energy shield. Keep the vibranium one for Steve. Energy shield's a good fit for the cybernetic arm, too.

Any reason why the Star Wars Production thread was fucked off to the community forum but the comic book movie production threads get to stay?

Pachimari

Weren't Neoxon supposed to make the production thread?

I mean, it were supposed to go up in April when production actually starts.

Ein Bear

People get far, far too hung up on contracts, and random comments actors make in interviews.

Evans off-handley saying "Oh yeah, I'd quite like to do some more directing" is a very different thing to him actually turning down a massive payday when Marvel give him a call about signing a new contract.

I'm quite sure that there will be a lot of tweeking.
No story that has been referenced so far in the MCU was an adaption.

And if there has to be a bit of fan (fic) speculation, here is my part:

Bucky tries to be a hero at the beginning as Zemo makes his play. Something goes awefully wrong. Tony finds out the WS killed his parents and goes after him.

Cap stops Tony from going after Bucky. Long discussions follow. Things escalte. Tony and Steve are at odds, but must team up to take Zemo down. Cap is forced to go underground at the end, maybe even out of commision after a run in with Cross Bones. But only after he had a moral victory.

At the end Tony promises to make things right and realizes Bucky is not a bad guy after all and gives him the shield to be the next Cap. Maybe he and Bucky both blame themselves that Steve is out of the picture.

The movie ends with Tony as more of an advisor and political figure for phase 3. Thus he can be referenced more or less all through phase 3, but he is not suiting up or building anther house party because of what happened in Age of Ultron.

Avengers Infinity War part 1 sees mostly the heroes of phase 3 fighting a losing battle, after Bucky Cap had a few cameos in the other phase 3 movies. And at the end of Infinity War 1, as all seems lost we see the return of Thor, Cap and Iron Man to turn the tide in part 2.

I was wondering something.

We all know that BP is Spidey's replacement in this movie.

But I wonder if Marvel is using this also to make BP a breakout character and have more mainstream fans so to speak so when the whole "isolated black nation is more advanced than everyone!!" will be a lot more tolerable due to how many people love the character in CW?

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
kind of hard to start filming in late march/april when the cast has to begin promoting age of ultron on the tonight show and all that

People who can blow up a city with relative ease need to be monitored and regulated by a government authority.

kind of hard to start filming in late march/april when the cast has to begin promoting age of ultron on the tonight show and all that

They could work the schedule around it with ease. Just halt production for a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom