• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4bc7618ce9c6e.jpg

Cap Is cool but I've always thought iron man was cooler. Plus i enjoy RDJ as Tony stark.

obin_gam

This info should be added to the OP as well, since it's about as official as it gets:

Kevin Feige:
"Something happens, perhaps it’s cumulative for things that have happened though all of the movies leading up to this point. It has made the governments of the world say “we need to have some oversight of these guys. They need to report to somebody. So it becomes more… it falls under that umbrella, rather than “you have to take off your mask.” It’s not about the secret identity thing, as much as it is about, overall, who reports to who, and who can agree to oversight committee. Because as of now, in Avengers 2, there is no more security council, there is no SHIELD, obviously. Stark is paying for it, Captain America is running it, and things occur that will make governments begin to question."

also, maybe add the actual logo of the film?
6PZvA7N.jpg

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
maybe antman will be in this movie

J10

Banned
Its the german term. I wrote everything in german as I imagined how the thread should look like. Will fix it, too.

Do you have an idea for this... I am a little bit helpless right now with this^^

When I quote the OP the first two image urls disappear for some reason and I see a bunch of indent codes where they should be. Remove the indents and wrap the images in quotes codes instead.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Will add the Feige quote in the OP.

When I quote the OP the first two image urls disappear for some reason and I see a bunch of indent codes where they should be. Remove the indents and wrap the images in quotes codes instead.

I wanted the two images to be in the middle of the page, but since it seems that this doesnt work, I will just put them in quotes like you said.

J10

Banned
Will add the Feige quote in the OP.

I wanted the two images to be in the middle of the page, but since it seems that this doesnt work, I will just put them in quotes like you said.

Put the official movie logo up top. Someone linked it above.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Still looking forward to this but I do not want RDJ upstaging Chris Evans in his own movie. Evans is amazing and has made me love a character I used to find boring and not worth my time.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I added your changes. I wanted to left the official Logo, because I liked the idea to take a original cover of the comics and just change it and make it look like a cover for the movie. But since you wanted it, I will add it.

Still looking forward to this but I do not want RDJ upstaging Chris Evans in his own movie. Evans is amazing and has made me love a character I used to find boring and not worth my time.

Since its Caps movie, I dont believe that the outcome and especially the aftermath of Civil War will be similar like in the book.

a3zWoqe.jpg

Oh boy, I hate this page. Cap is dealing with timetraveling dictators, space, time and reality bending titans and massmurdering nazis and he is supposed to know who won american idol? This is so stupid.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Civil War will be foreshadowed in Avengers Age of Ultron.

http://m.digitalspy.com/movies/feat...f-avengers-age-of-ultron.html#~p346ObB6F6GhkW

11. Much of the Avengers' problem boils down to their lack of a clear leader post-Winter Soldier. "SHIELD has fallen apart, so this movie becomes Tony Stark and Steve Rogers trying to put the Avengers together without a parental unit like Nick Fury hovering over them," explains Latcham. "What you realize is that these are guys who work best with rules, and probably do need some adult supervision."

And as anybody who watched the first film can guess, Tony and Cap aren't an ideal leadership pairing. "Tony has been paying for everything, designing stuff, building new toys, he's the benefactor of the whole thing. But Steve Rogers is very much in charge of operations and missions, he's the moral compass," Latcham goes on. "But how long can Tony Stark have someone else be in charge?" In other words, groundwork is being distinctly laid for the Stark vs Rogers core of Civil War.

I feel like this will beat out Avengers 2 for me. I'm also fairly confident it'll be of a better quality than the comic of the same name, a novel concept indeed.

SoilBreak

Banned
I added your changes. I wanted to left the official Logo, because I liked the idea to take a original cover of the comics and just change it and make it look like a cover for the movie. But since you wanted it, I will add it.

Since its Caps movie, I dont believe that the outcome and especially the aftermath of Civil War will be similar like in the book.

a3zWoqe.jpg

Oh boy, I hate this page. Cap is dealing with timetraveling dictators, space, time and reality bending titans and massmurdering nazis and he is supposed to know who won american idol? This is so stupid.

edited but I love this one

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
a3zWoqe.jpg

That's Mark Millar for you.

Dram

So will the movie have a Stamford like tragedy to start the movie off, or will it deal more with the fall out from Age of Ultron?

J10

Banned
So will the movie have a Stamford like tragedy to start the movie off, or will it deal more with the fall out from Age of Ultron?

Seems like the latter. Most people are guessing something Hulk related.

Could be either really. One might assume that the presence of Scarlett Witch/Quicksilver will influence the appearance of more "miracles", in which case you could easily have a young inexperienced miracle kid blowing the shit out of somewhere.

Or, just as easily, could be Ultron fucking everything up and the public gets word it was Iron Man & Friends that did it.

Black Panther, Cap, Falcon, Widow, maybe Spider Man and Tony in one movie? Woooo. Going to blow the walls off of this thing with so many characters.

Seems like the latter. Most people are guessing something Hulk related.
Surely it'd be everything related? Tony essentially made something which could extinguish human life if the Avengers weren't around to clean up their own mess and perhaps people want oversight for him. I'm guessing the guilt of Ultron will be what puts Stark on the registration side.

I don't think this is really going to be a megacrossover starring every MCU character on Earth to date like some may be expecting. That's saved for Infinity War, and the confirmed cast is already large enough.

Blader

I don't think this is really going to be a megacrossover starring every MCU character on Earth to date like some may be expecting. That's saved for Infinity War.

I agree. And whatever the inciting incident for registration in this movie is, it will likely involve Bucky and build off Winter Solider (and Ultron) rather than involve some Avenger or brand new hero character.

I agree. And whatever the inciting incident for registration in this movie is, it will likely involve Bucky and build off Winter Solider (and Ultron) rather than involve some Avenger or brand new hero character.

More or less. There's speculation that Ultron will detonate a global Terrigen bomb or something along those lines in AoU, but I don't see that happening... yet.

obin_gam

So, any surprise appearances you guys are expecting?

Who was the one who killed steve in the comics?
because I'd bet money on him killing steve at the ending of this one.
considering Chris Evans' stance on quitting acting for a directorial career instead.

J10

Banned
Surely it'd be everything related? Tony essentially made something which could extinguish human life if the Avengers weren't around to clean up their own mess and perhaps people want oversight for him. I'm guessing the guilt of Ultron will be what puts Stark on the registration side.

Of course it would be everything related. But there's probably going to be an "incident" that pushes it over the line.

Cream

Banned
Who was the one who killed steve in the comics?
because I'd bet money on him killing steve at the ending of this one.
considering Chris Evans' stance on quitting acting for a directorial career instead.

There is absolutely NO WAY that Chris Evans is not in Infinity War. Bet on it.

I think someone has to die in Civil War for it to have any kind of impact. Theres got to be some consequence as a result of it. Its definitely not going to be Cap and Widow is one of the few female characters.

Is it wrong that I feel like this movie is going to be better than AoU? SOOOO HYPPPEEDDDD!!!

It sounds like it's gonna be more personal *and* more focused.

In addition to Cap/Tony/Widow/Falcon/Winter Soldier/Hawkeye, I'm really hoping we end up getting War Machine in this one too.

I sort of think it's not totally out of the question that the twins will be in it, also, since
apparently they've got specific beef with Tony Stark in AoU
. But that would verge on feeling really unfocused as far as storytelling is concerned. I'm really not sure how Black Panther figures into this film, but I hope to see it mainly focused on government/SHIELD-aligned heroes.

4bc7618ce9c6e.jpg

You know why? Cause Civil War was fucking stupid and one of the stupidest storylines I've ever read.

a3zWoqe.jpg

Fuck you, Mark Millar.

obin_gam

What exactly is the reason for him having to be in that one?
The actor wants to quit acting -> killing him would 1) court to this, and 2) make this movie more important than just being another ordinary Cap movie.

These movies in this universe changes up stuff all the time. They move forward with the story. it would fit right into this mold if Steve dies at the end.

Loke13

What exactly is the reason for him having to be in that one?
The actor wants to quit acting -> killing him would 1) court to this, and 2) make this movie more important than just being another ordinary Cap movie.

These movies in this universe changes up stuff all the time. They move forward with the story. it would fit right into this mold if Steve dies at the end.
But he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom