• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Yeah think first trailer will be with SPECTRE. They just aren't gonna release until the week of because Star Wars hype.

According to this Russian movie theater chain, the Civil War trailer will debut with SPECTRE.

zs1HyYq.png

Dalek

Please give us some Spidey Love!

It is wierd that for as big of a deal as it is for Spidey to be coming home finally, there is zero mention of him at all. I wonder if this is some kind of sony thing preventing promotion of him until 2016 or something?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It is wierd that for as big of a deal as it is for Spidey to be coming home finally, there is zero mention of him at all. I wonder if this is some kind of sony thing preventing promotion of him until 2016 or something?
He is the Luke Skywalker of Civil War.

jmood88

That seems really late for the first trailer when the movie comes out in May. Not saying you're wrong, just that it feels like the other Marvel movies had their trailers much earlier, and had 3 different trailers spaced out better.
How is it late? The movie comes out months later and it only makes sense for Disney to attach the first trailer with what's going to be the biggest movie of the year.

HeySeuss

How is it late? The movie comes out months later and it only makes sense for Disney to attach the first trailer with what's going to be the biggest movie of the year.

Both Avengers films first trailers were about 9 months before the films release dates. GotG was 7 months and Winter Soldier was 6 months. Iron man 3 was 6 months too.

I'm just impatient, but October seems to be a popular month for the trailer drops. Civil War will be one of, if not the, shortest trailer-film releases of the MCU

Cap's new uniform looks amazing, Holland looks like he's got a good lean cut going, and the first teaser coming with Star Wars is no surprise. It's going to be the biggest movie of the year. Marvel'll get maximum viewership there.

guek

Banned
Man, the Russo's need to save us from the negativity that has surrounded MCU talk lately. Bring on the trailer already!

I made a comparison, too. The left picture shows that Tom Holland's arms are like Ultimate Peter's and the right picture shows that he looks like his comic book counterpart a lot.

DIAiruq.jpg

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Man, the Russo's need to save us from the negativity that has surrounded MCU talk lately. Bring on the trailer already!

thats just going to ramp it up , the last Winter Soldier stealth flame bait thread was so obvious the OP didn't even honestly have a grasp on the story or themes of the movie.

Been going on since IM 1 was announced and the crow is now an endangered animal.

I made a comparison, too. The left picture shows that Tom Holland's arms are like Ultimate Peter's and the right picture shows that he looks like his comic book counterpart a lot.

DIAiruq.jpg
Practically a splitting image. Awesome. Ultimate Spider-Man was the comic series for me as a kid, so seeing that inspiration on-screen is so cool

And makes perfect sense too. I wouldn't be surprised if they use the relationship between Ultimate Fury and Peter too

That's Novembers issue though right? Thought it was Decembers issue being touted. It would make sense as well as that was when the trailer was meant to debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom