• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CES 2016 - Come for the curves, stay for the Quantum Dots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epix

CESweblogo.jpg

LAS VEGAS, NV
JANUARY 6-9, 2016

Themes:

Monday, January 4th

Nvidia (6PM PT / 9PM ET)
Last year, Nvidia made car integration a big part of its showcase, and it looks like the company will again play up its "digital cockpits" and autonomous driving.

Watch live at Nvidia's website. Follow along with our Nvidia live blog

Faraday Future (8PM PT / 11PM ET)

The very-secretive car company has made an equally vague teaser trailer for this week's press conference. Here's what we know: it'll unveil a "concept inspired by our design and engineering vision" — and that's about it.

Watch live at Faraday Future's website
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, January 5th

Ford (7:30AM PT / 10:30AM ET)
Rumor has it Ford will announce a self-driving car initiative with Google this week — that, or they'll spend an hour playing Forza 6 with the "official show vehicle" of CES.

Watch live at CNET

LG (8AM PT / 11AM ET)

One of the show's behemoths will be here with what we can only assume will be phones, TVs, and weird takes on everyday appliances.

Watch live at LG's website

Panasonic (10AM PT / 1PM ET)

"A Better Life, A Better World" — that's the "brand promise" and theme for Panasonic at the show this week. So... probably TVs and cameras.

Watch live at CNET

Qualcomm (12PM PT / 3PM ET)
A teaser for Qualcomm's new Snapdragon Flight chipset had a drone dodging obstacles and capturing 4K video. If there isn't a live demo, Qualcomm has seriously screwed up.

Watch live at CNET

Casio (12PM PT / 3PM ET)

The Casio of CES 2015 was notable for watches, cameras, and a DJ controller that looked vaguely like the Millennium Falcon in certain lights. You can expect at least two out of three of those this year.

Watch live at YouTube

Samsung (2PM PT / 5PM ET)

All roads lead to fridge.

Watch live at Samsung's website

Sony (5PM PT / 8PM ET)

Previous Sony CES press conferences have featured drop-ins from the likes of Will Smith, Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson, Usher, and Dr. Oz. I mean, yes, there will probably be gadgets, too — including (hopefully) some virtual reality — but what about the star power?

Watch live on Ustream

Intel keynote (6:30PM PT / 9:30PM ET)

Last year's Intel keynote was among the best, offering a glimpse at the future (according to Intel) and a dash of humor. We're not much closer to the future Intel promised, but another round of pontificating should be fun nonetheless.

Watch live at Intel's website

Volkswagen (8:30PM PT / 11:30PM ET)

Odds are pretty good VW will at least mention the emission scandal — but then quickly shift gears for a new Microbus. Microbus!

Watch live at Volkswagen's website
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, January 6th

Netflix (9AM PT / 12PM ET)
Reed Hastings is on deck to give a CES keynote this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Spacey shows up to drop some brand-evangelizing snark in a conspicuously pointed Southern drawl.

Watch live at Netflix's website

ff-sketchy-leak.png

LG-UH7700.jpg

oculus.jpg

Epix

I usually go every year, kinda bummed I'll be missing it this year. Looks like some good stuff coming...

Chris R

Sucks I'll miss the nVidia show this year, but then again that means I can skip all the car BS and get just the good stuff when I watch the highlights.

Biggest thing to come out of this show is the new TV lineup reveal for Samsung, LG, and Sony so that is what I'll be looking forward to. Hope HDR support is on more sets because I want to dip into 4k bluray this year.

Bsigg12

Really excited for the impressions for everything VR. From the eye tracking to the Infinadeck, can't wait to read impressions of everything.

What I want from this CES:

OLED everywhere
VR
Soundbars capable of delivering Dolby Atmos surround sound, because I want to replace my current 5.1 system.

And I agree, Nvidia streams are always boring and not worth the time.

Aesthet1c

Moving to a new house in March and buying a new TV with it. Hoping whatever Samsung reveals tomorrow will be available by then.

Epix

I'm really hoping someone shows a moderately (<$5k) priced 4k projector with HDR. Snatch one in a heartbeat.

MrJames

subrock

Stoked to laugh at Faraday Future's presser tonight. I just have about 0 faith that they will ever get anything successful to market. That leaked concept is a joke.

Future

Recently bought an Amazon echo and got one wifi outlet switch. Talking I the echo to turn off the lights has sold me on the Internet of things. Actually pretty excited to automate my home this year!

CES late registration has been a nightmare for me, zero customer service I mean zero: infinite hold times, no way to get anything hustled through. My badge is in limbo. I fully expect not to get it processed until too late, at this rate.

Are guest passes a thing? Should I even bother hitting up some hardware makers for a favor?

Bsigg12

When is HTCVIVE?

Probably Wednesday once the show floor opens. I don't think HTC has a conference at CES since the major thing they would be talking about is Vive and all their flagship phone stuff is saved for Mobile World Congress in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom