• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CES 2016 - Come for the curves, stay for the Quantum Dots

Status
Not open for further replies.
5KqTV37.jpg

ARE YOU READY?!

Was the Panasonic TV they just announced OLED? I heard LED and was disappointed.. but someone on Twitter said OLED.

Edit: Looks like it is.. and THX certified. Awesome. I wonder how much it'll be considering the last one was $10k

Dead

well not really...yet
The new OLED reveal se haven't made me regret my 65EF9500 purchase. Not a whole lot different. 2017 should hopefully see more options for upgrading. Glad I jumped in already.

wtf this TCL guy is explaining their marketing strategy from 2015 for a consumer presser in 2016.

Seriously TCL you just have no idea what your doing are you.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Enduring this kind of idiocy is EXACTLY why I don't miss that much working at the CES.

The CES has lost much of its meaning now that most power players unveil their shit at private events or more focused trade shows like the MWC. Half of it is just liquefied shit that is not even that attractive from a B2B standpoint.

wachie

The new OLED reveal se haven't made me regret my 65EF9500 purchase. Not a whole lot different. 2017 should hopefully see more options for upgrading. Glad I jumped in already.
That's exactly what most current 4K owners are saying to themselves.

wachie

Sorry Qualcomm but Nvidia's was way cooler. The power in that thing was also unparalleled.

However this is going to be cheaper and hence relatively more widely adopted.

Yeah, Nvidia has superior processing power, but Qualcomm has a big advantage when it comes to connectivity.

Not sure however what the power requirements are for Nvidia.

wachie

Yeah, Nvidia has superior processing power, but Qualcomm has a big advantage when it comes to connectivity.

Not sure however what the power requirements are for Nvidia.
Figure PX2 will be multitudes in terms of power requirements however it would be for performance in a different tier. You are right in that Qualcomm has the edge in connectivity but honestly you dont need LTE-A 600Mbps in every car. Qualcomm's biggest advantage would be smaller, relative affordable box that would require a lot less power.

Oh shit, its upgradeable. Essentially the platform is a socket+motherboard for the 820. Smart move by Qualcomm.

reKon

Banned
I'm expecting links later today for the embarrassing press conference so I can laugh at it later today.

Figure PX2 will be multitudes in terms of power requirements however it would be for performance in a different tier. You are right in that Qualcomm has the edge in connectivity but honestly you dont need LTE-A 600Mbps in every car. Qualcomm's biggest advantage would be smaller, relative affordable box that would require a lot less power.

Oh shit, its upgradeable. Essentially the platform is a socket+motherboard for the 820. Smart move by Qualcomm.

Don't think Qualcomm went for outright performance, box they showed with pretty small so it's different requirements. Self-driving veichles is still a couple of years away tech-wise, and regulation is even further out.

While you don't need LTE-A Qualcomm can bring RF tech quicker and have a big footprint with mobiles, so integration with smartphones will be better. Not to mention 5g is around the corner, although I doubt it's a big priority for car companies.

Nvidia is focused on what's inside the car, Qualcomm is focused on up-front and integration with mobiles. Different approaches and needs.

J-Rzez

Same feel here. Our tv is near or at those specs already, that said, I'm waiting on that 77" sets price lol. That would be the reason I'd get it, size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom