• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

elty

I just saw an ad on Youtube that looks like a Fire Emblem clone and it is very nice.

Then I found out it is the CC killer PotK.

I guess I will pass. Considered how poorly GUMI has managed CC it will probably have shitty gacha rate, full of bugs and close in a year.

chrono01

I just saw an ad on Youtube that looks like a Fire Emblem clone and it is very nice.

Then I found out it is the CC killer PotK.

I guess I will pass. Considered how poorly GUMI has managed CC it will probably have shitty gacha rate, full of bugs and close in a year.
Supposedly, the branch of Gumi handling PotK isn't the same one that handled CC, but then...if it wasn't, why would they close down CC in the first place?

Regardless, Gumi's name is attached so I'm not going to bother investing more time into PotK than I already have. I would, if it was pre-CC closing down, but after seeing how much commitment/respect they had for CC and their players, I'm not wasting any more of my time on a Gumi game.

elty

Just blew 15 tickets and 1000 prysma. MLB all three arcana and probably sold 3 Cordelia.

F this quest, won't drop 4th chest for 30 tries, Classic GUMI quest.

Carnalian is a beast, lv65 already 10K+ ATK.

h0tp0ck3t

Man I think I'm gonna try the JPCC route. Brave Frontier just aint doing it for me. What do I need to do find an up to date apk and sideload?

Edit: Valkyria Chronicles colab? Oh hell yes!

Edit 2: Success! Time for some rerolling

Edit 3: (Last one I swear!) Friend code is 193,226,418 leader is V2 Juliana

Vecks

Man I think I'm gonna try the JPCC route. Brave Frontier just aint doing it for me. What do I need to do find an up to date apk and sideload?

Sent you a friend request. I'm using the v2 Lephret.

Krorg

Sent a request. Leader is Juliana V2 with Symphonia kizuna.

I didn't play this as often as Brave Frontier, except sometimes during Demon Raid periods, but I too am upset they're pretty much abandoning this game.

Speaking of BF, I was able to take advantage of their link program. The bonuses aren't much, but I got five free summon tickets. So there's that.

mrtoffee

It's probably too late for Chain Chronicle but SEGA are starting to bring over their mobile titles on their own without the use of another publisher at least (And they've said it as much they're opening up localisation developers globally.) Though fingers crossed it's going to be less embarrassing cases of Puyo Quest getting reskinned and more like War Pirates (Who's director, incidentally, is the same director for the Jet Set Radio games and Yakuza 2)

Honestly I'm hoping Hortensia Saga and especially Chaos Dragon (For all intents and purposes, looked like Chain Chronicle 2) are on their radar too since I was most interested in trying either of those games.

Yeah I don't think Chaos Dragon EN is gonna happen, if the Google 1 star reviews are of any indication. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.chaosdragon

CC's too damn strong to have another clone existing in JP's space.

Hortensia Saga? Looks cool so far. Fingers crossed!

h0tp0ck3t

I don't think I could bear to start over in JPCC... if I could transfer my team over, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

It actually hasn't been too bad. They're giving away absurd amounts of xp for completing story missions so I'm just blowing through them thanks to constant AP refills. Plus you get gold tickets that can only be used at specific taverns but guarantee 4* (or better I'm not sure) units.

You get 4 chances at the two event characters by the time you do your first roll too. I got Juliana v2 after only 2 rerolls

Edit: Also the lack of auto battle was annoying but I got over it pretty fast once I realized you don't have to drag them into enemies but just tap on the person and then tap the enemy you want them to attack

Krorg

The gold tickets are 93% SR and 7% SSR. There are occasionally red tickets that are guaranteed SSR and for the current event they have added limit break cards as well.

The gold tickets are 93% SR and 7% SSR. There are occasionally red tickets that are guaranteed SSR and for the current event they have added limit break cards as well.

there's also a blue ticket promotion that you can get for buying like 30 dollars worth of pysmas that lets you choose a V.1 SSR of your choice

MAvdWQSh.jpg

Oh wow

Vecks

Uh... well, I guess they might as well do something with that last month, though I can't imagine many would stick around for it since it's essentially a complete waste of time.

Anyhoo, I'm finished with the tower event. Got my MLB Rowendia and stopping there. With only a Lephret and helper, the grind is just too much for me to attempt getting those LB cards.

chrono01

LOL!

Wow. Just wow. I'd be excited...you know...if the game wasn't ending in a month. But hey, I can't wait to MLB that demon and get that event recruit and use them for a whole two weeks!

...Not really. I haven't logged in for the past week(s) and don't plan to. I don't even want to spend my 2700 hoarded Prysma. No point, my time is better spent elsewhere. And no, that doesn't include POTK or any other Gumi game.

Krorg

Uh... well, I guess they might as well do something with that last month, though I can't imagine many would stick around for it since it's essentially a complete waste of time.

Anyhoo, I'm finished with the tower event. Got my MLB Rowendia and stopping there. With only a Lephret and helper, the grind is just too much for me to attempt getting those LB cards.

My holy capital units aren't very good so I'll hold on to the limit break cards until someone better comes along. I'm more interested in getting as many premium tickets from the event as I can.

bonkeng

What are you guys mostly playing now? I miss logging in to CC, it left a big hole in my gaming time. Now just doing CoC for wars, but it's quite different with CC :(

garath

What are you guys mostly playing now? I miss logging in to CC, it left a big hole in my gaming time. Now just doing CoC for wars, but it's quite different with CC :(

I haven't found anything myself :( will be trying Granblue when the English client hits. Many people are enjoying the jp version.

BJK

I started Soccer Spirits, which is a surprisingly-generous game to new players. (Characters range from 2* - 6*; you get a guaranteed 5* on day 2, another 5* on day 14, and a guaranteed 6* character when you hit Lv. 30...which doesn't take long.)

Will likely dip into Granblue when English support kicks in sometime in March. My inability to read Japanese would prevent me from interacting with the parts of CC that I enjoyed most (story).

chrono01

One Piece: Treasure Cruise
Bleach: Brave Sous
Love Live: School Idol Festival
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle

Those four, mainly. I'll try Granblue Fantasy once it's released in English.

Azusa

Granblue and Seven Knights.

I have tried every Mobage available in English and couldn't find a good one.

Gizuko

[Rant] Geez, I hate tower events. The only SSRs I have ever managed to pull from a TE fest are Reilan and Minoa, and that was only because I was rerolling back then. So I give up! Can't even take on that lvl 75 quest.[/Rant]

[Rant] Geez, I hate tower events. The only SSRs I have ever managed to pull from a TE fest are Reilan and Minoa, and that was only because I was rerolling back then. So I give up! Can't even take on that lvl 75 quest.[/Rant]

honestly, even though I pulled Julianna v2 3 times, I still need a Lephert V2 friend in order to clear the level 75 quest reliably so I didn't really go all out on the tower quest past MLBing

kinda crazy though since you can get unlimited tickets from it depending on how low? your sanity is

Gizuko

honestly, even though I pulled Julianna v2 3 times, I still need a Lephert V2 friend in order to clear the level 75 quest reliably so I didn't really go all out on the tower quest past MLBing

kinda crazy though since you can get unlimited tickets from it depending on how low? your sanity is

I have managed to get to the last stage by making a friend's Lephret tank the club mobs, but that giant Rowendia is too much.

Seriously, both the tickets and LB cards are so tempting, specially with the VC collab, but... No, just no. :<

bonkeng

Seems like GranBlue is quite popular with you guys. I'll try that one when it comes.

As much as i want to continue playing CC, JCC is just not possible since I enjoy reading the stories.

I will avoid any game that GUMI touches from now on.

Krorg

I pulled one of each so the raid was fairly easy. I probably won't pull during the collaboration though unless they end up really good.

chrono01

I will avoid any game that GUMI touches from now on.
This is why I stopped playing Phantom of the Kill. Gumi is dead to me.

I could understand them closing Chain Chronicle down if it had declining popularity, but from what I can see the game was still doing decently. Instead of continuing to support the title, as well as the growing fan-base (along with those, such as myself, who had been playing since V1/launch), they felt their resources would be better used on their newest "cash cow" (POTK). Nope, I'm not going to fall for it twice.

Granted, I was already a bit apprehensive over continuing to play POTK anyway (the RNG nature, lengthy battles, as well as Gumi intentionally lowering the stat caps of the free starter units to force the player into pulling from the in-game gatcha to find more suitable replacements), so it didn't take much for me to drop it. Even still, if CC was still around I might have been willing to stick with POTK to see if it got any better, but after seeing how CC fans/players were treated, I'll have nothing to do with Gumi anymore.

elty

If anyone play Soccer Spirits, add me elty6.

I found the game is fairly entertaining, but then it is very different from CC so I don't think everyone like it.

Pros
- many different ways to train your card, not just "limit break with the same card"
- fun gameplay
- very generous with free 3-6* card every day, free premium draw every other day, login rewards
- GP (i.e. fortune ring) is actually useful as you can get any s1 card in theory
- lots of things to do in PvE and PvP
- crystal subscription that is cheap (like 30 prysma every day for $5 a month) and weekly first purchase reward with low threshold ($3)

Cons
- art is so so, varies a lot and not at CC quality
- story is boring and no character story
- 11 cards + elemental system + evolve/special train/super train means a long time to build your team
- lots of things to do
- very expensive game to whale

h0tp0ck3t

I like how Sega apparently screwed up something in the VC colab and is giving everyone a ticket good for a free 5*. Not some shitty stamina fruit like we get from Gumi

I like how Sega apparently screwed up something in the VC colab and is giving everyone a ticket good for a free 5*. Not some shitty stamina fruit like we get from Gumi

they forgot to remove/disable the red ticket that you got from pulling 10 times in the Sora/Sen no Kiseki collab a little whiles back

the main problem with this was that the SnK ticket gave you a SR or up while the VC ticket gave you a SSR so it was an error in people's favor, plus you needed less pulls to get the SnK ticket compared to VC's

course, Sega noticed it, fixed it, actually said people can keep the SSR if they did this and gave a free ticket out to everyone for their mistake

not the first time Sega went over and beyond for one of their mistakes~

Quixzlizx

I have a big gap in my mornings now when I wake up. That's when I would usually dedicate 15-30 min to CC. It feels weird not to have a game to check on every day.

I have a big gap in my mornings now when I wake up. That's when I would usually dedicate 15-30 min to CC. It feels weird not to have a game to check on every day.

Same..

Bleh, I should get off my butt and at least finish all the story content that's left before the game goes offline

Gizuko

On the topic of Sega doing what Gumidon't, one of the things I don't think is praised enough about them is the way they handle the game's UI. The recent changes in particular are awesome, handling the inbox was a nightmare since the dungeon/exploration update, and that new button showing an overview of the currently available character-related quests is awesome.

Krorg

The filters are so much better than global. I guess it's because global was so far behind. It seemed like the upgrades were always coming soon.

Got Imca with the ticket. I was hoping for Alicia but she seems to have some interesting abilities and is good for a free unit.

elty

Not sure if anyone care but the Valentines draw give you one wifu + husbando for 30 prysma, with the husbando guaranteed to be 4*+. Got a bunch of characters so I can see the story.

Also used all the 25K demon coin I have saved and I got 3 copies.

BJK

Not sure if anyone care but the Valentines draw give you one wifu + husbando for 30 prysma, with the husbando guaranteed to be 4*+. Got a bunch of characters so I can see the story.

Also used all the 25K demon coin I have saved and I got 3 copies.

I already MLB'd the demon with just my saved up coins.

...and the VIP gacha finally gave me Musica!
(If only I still had the desire to play.)

Did use most of my free prysma to level the last global Demon Hunter to 60, in case anyone needs her. Enjoy.

Top Bottom