• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

character that ruined a game??

ssringo

final fantasy xiii snow GIF

I hate everything about this dipshit. He sucks so bad that I kinda started to dislike Troy Baker by association.

The game sucked anyway but I might've been able to push through if he was deleted from existence. Fuck him and fuck whoever created him.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
final fantasy xiii snow GIF

I hate everything about this dipshit. He sucks so bad that I kinda started to dislike Troy Baker by association.

The game sucked anyway but I might've been able to push through if he was deleted from existence. Fuck him and fuck whoever created him.
Snow is the perfect example of how incompetent and infantile JRPG writing can be. His concept is cool but the writing is so damn corny and hamfisted it makes Mighty Morphin Power Rangers look like Shakespeare in comparison.

Concept: guy who puts on a tough external appearance and tries to be a hero, while internally dealing with the anguish of being powerless to protect the ones he loves. — ok, that could make for a cool character

Execution: gee how could we convey this to the player? I know, let’s make him literally shout “I’M THE HERO” and punch his fist into his palm 10x in every scene while generally acting like a reckless, clueless douchebag. Do you think the audience will get it? Is it too subtle?

nah he still fine

but this one is the real bitch:

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ2lueC50di91cGxvYWRzMy9GaW5hbF9GYW50YXN5XzcvQWxleCBTY3JlZW5zaG90cy9NQUkvTUFJLnBuZw

funny that lot of people only complaint about chadley but not his sister which is hundreds times more annoying

Angry Brock Lesnar GIF by WWE

main reason why i didnt finish hunt quest in the game. i hate everytime i hear ..remaSHITA when i travel on the world

Bitch Slap Slapping GIF by absurdnoise
i hope i can slap this bitch
Same. I don't mind Chadley but I just wish SE gave us an option to mute her.

Poordevil

xFcV4gI.jpeg

World went to fking hell with terrifying dinosaurs and dragons in Monster Hunter World but "The Handler" with her ear piercing voice is happier than an alcoholic on payday
What!? You don't like the Handler? She is well informed about the mission, enthusiastic, hard working. She is a great cook in camp! I fell in love with her. She is not perfect. She is a foodie, but hey, she is not obese. And she is not the best companion as a fighter, but that is not her fault. It's just the way she was coded! I will stick up for the Handler. I know a good woman when I see one!

Yeah Nimbus is probably the most recent and egregious example. Horrendous character that destroyed the tone of what should have been a serious DLC added purely for DEI/diversity reasons.

RaduN

Also Raiden's terrible. Some people say in MGS2 he was meant to be terrible, and therefore he's not terrible, but that doesn't make any sense.

Well, like it or not, Raiden being the way he is (a clueless, self entitled idiot)... is the point of the narrative. Everything is built around that, and the game wouldn't work otherwise.

Characters like Snow, Ellie (part 2), Atreus, are however the result of impotent writing.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Well, like it or not, Raiden being the way he is (a clueless, self entitled idiot)... is the point of the narrative. Everything is built around that, and the game wouldn't work otherwise.
I totally get it's the point of the game, but successfully having a character ruin the experience still leaves the experience ruined.

Shifty1897

All children and non human characters in JRPGs. They can all fuck off and die.
Except for Frog.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
is it working? i mute the DS5 speaker too but i still hear that bitch. is it because i plugin my headphone through the DS5?
Yeah it's because of the headphone. The audio for the game is all coming through the headphones. The game is designed to split the two though, but you can't completely mute her in the game. With muting the DS5 and letting the audio come from the TV, you're essentially muting her channel which is still being sent to the DS5.

Kumomeme

Yeah it's because of the headphone. The audio for the game is all coming through the headphones. The game is designed to split the two though, but you can't completely mute her in the game. With muting the DS5 and letting the audio come from the TV, you're essentially muting her channel which is still being sent to the DS5.
i see. thanks for the clarification

GymWolf

iTk63yD.jpeg
The horrible Batmobile in Batman Arkham Knight. If they had removed all the Batmobile tank battle sections, the game would have been better for it. It's baffling to me, how could they have thought that those sections were any fun.
Yep, they ruined the game for me.

SHA

Midgets in Borderlands, they destroy the plot with their annoying little appearance but it doesn't matter cause it's Borderlands.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
All of the characters in dragon age games are worth it, it’s a fairly deep franchise elves, dwarves or humans across the board it’s remarkable what BioWare was able to do with Dragon age.

Blindy

Outside of Abby from The Last Of Us 2 who everything she touches goes to complete and utter shite,

Lara Croft in Shadow of the Tomb Raider was so obnoxious and bloodlusted that I kept yelling at the TV that she's a selfish idiot at nearly all the decisions she made in that game. Damn shame too since she was great in TR2013 and good in Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Kat in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale gets a special shout too. Love her in Gravity Rush 1 & 2, one of my favorite PS mascots.....but this game? Oh boy. Never noticeably nerfed, she is way too OP and needs just 1 move to pull off a stupid combo and has way too much in her arsenal in comparison to other characters in the game. Instant sigh whenever I had to face her online.

EDIT: The Monokubs came really close to ruining Danganronpa V3, it took the lousy swerve ending to seal the deal but those sonsofbitches were cringeworthy every time they were on the screen. Unfunny, and they made the kids from Danganronpa: Another Episode look responsible & likable. And I thought those kids were the drizzling shits in that game but the Monokubs are on another level of hell.

Last edited:

Blindy

Ryan from the Quarry. Totally insufferable character
The voice acting alone was really immersion breaking. I know he's suppose to be autistic but it's like is Justice Smith THAT bad of a voice actor? The character was so wooden. So wooden.

Top Bottom