• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been discussed to death here but the whole customs issue is dodgy as hell. I can understand (sort of) having to pay VAT, but the whole 'post office handling fees' charge is utterly ridiculous.

They are providing a service for that, though. Unless I totally misunderstand the process, they pay to get your stuff through customs themselves, and then you reimburse them on delivery. The alternative would be for customs to approach you directly and that would take fucking forever and your parcel would end up God knows where.

Tambini

Is thegamecollection the cheapest for bayonetta 2 special edition? it's £38.95 there, and is the site reliable for you guys?

edit oh and does anyone know if they charge for pre-order straight away or when it is dispatched? Thanks

Is thegamecollection the cheapest for bayonetta 2 special edition? it's £38.95 there, and is the site reliable for you guys?

Depends on where you live? Going by your Gunners avatar I'm assuming you're in the UK?

If not, Amazon France for example is slightly cheaper if you can get free shipping from them.

TGC is reliable in my experience.

TheMoon

TGC is amazing. I fully endorse them. Just be wary if you're buying something that's been out for a while as you might get a Skandinavian or Australian version, if you care about that.

The Evil Within is only £35 on TGC.

That being said, anyone have an promo codes for GAME. I wanna get that limited edition. I do love TGC but they don't have that limited edition :(

Lucifon

edit oh and does anyone know if they charge for pre-order straight away or when it is dispatched? Thanks

I had a bad experience with them the first time I used them for a preorder, which was Hyrule Warriors, where it arrived the day after release when I'd already flown out the country. Apparently this was just due to an account system mishap, so it was probably just unfortunate luck with it being my first preorder with them.

But they gave me a £3 voucher, and have been absolutely great since then. I also got Alien on the Saturday before release! Will probably end up using them for quite a few preorders in the future, seems they're starting to make a push to being a more recognised retailer which can only lead to good things for customers.

My goodness, this must have bombed hard.
It is more that it is a busy time of year and anything that isn't constantly top of the charts gets discounted in weeks to make room for the next item like that. It has been like that for years for better or for worse (it makes you feel like a mug for not waiting on a game you were really looking forward to).

Still it did sink rather quickly as week 2 sales were less than Fifa legacy crap 3DS and that didn't even make it into the top 40. Can't say where it is now at week 3, both are out of the 3DS top 5 (thanks Chart-track for cutting the top 10 in half...while extending the Vita a top 20).

Ah boo, I bought it on the eShop like a chump.

This is one of those games I don't mind having on my console all the time. I'll be dipping into it every day for a very long time to play the Top Hits and other stuff. I doubt I'll even see all the content it has to offer for another fifty hours.

It might be £18 now, but it's more than worth the £28 or so I paid for it so I'm not at all annoyed.

Gonna put this through flubit, get it for even cheaper. Anyone know if this had a small print run?

Probably not that small, iirc there were already 12.000 or so limited edition copies of this throughout Europe.

Edit: scratch that. The Collector's Edition was 5000 copies apparently. But then there was also the Limited and the regular edition. So I don't expect the regular edition print to be small.

I wonder what the first print of Bayonetta 2 is going to fetch.

It seems customary on eBay nowadays to ask double of what it originally retailed for.

I paid around £55 incl. shipping for Curtain Call CE, and apparently people want to pay £100 for it now.

For Bravely Default Deluxe the asking price is also 2 to almost 3 times it went for on release.

So I guess you should double whatever you paid for Bayonetta 2 First Print. ;-) Basically if you preorder 2 copies of every CE and sell the spare you get your game for free.

Weird since they're still available for the regular price in SE's online shop (all three of my local Gamestops also still have them)

Edit: oh, unless we're talking about the bigass collector's edition with the 3DS pouch.

We're talking the big arse one.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
There can't have been that many, they're going for almost £100 on ebay.
Weird since they're still available for the regular price in SE's online shop (all three of my local Gamestops also still have them)

Edit: oh, unless we're talking about the bigass collector's edition with the 3DS pouch.

Vashetti

Banned
Sorry, no. But you could always get the (cheap) NA version if the Euro version would become too expensive to your liking.

I already have the UK Vita version and the PS3 Limited Edition :)

I'd never sell it, but I was just curious whether my Vita copy could become somewhat rare in the future if it had a low print run.

I'd never sell it, but I was just curious whether my Vita copy could become somewhat rare in the future if it had a low print run.

A low print run isn't the only thing that determines "rarity". Well, strictly speaking it does, but for a game to become sought after other factors come into play.

I doubt the FF HD remake is ever going to be one of the rarest Vita games. But because it's Final Fantasy, FF collectors may decide in the near future that they want to add it to their collection and it may become more valuable at that point.

(Guess I'm not telling you anything new here. :))

King_Moc

Banned

Yup, the Ltd edition. I think it was £60 from square.

Zafir

Due to amazon.fr cancelling late without warning I'm gunna see if any cancellations cause it to come back in stock before release or just not get the game yet.

Why is there three different images for the same pre-order?

71i6U63okSL._SL1024_.jpg

The first image indicates that you will get six costumes.

The second image, the Legacy costumes.

The third image, the exclusive Tales of Vesperia costumes.

It does not make it clear which costumes you will get. You either get three costumes, from the legacy costumes or the Tales of Vesperia costumes otherwise you would get all of them. Does anybody know?

illusionary

Why is there three different images for the same pre-order?

The first image indicates that you will get six costumes.

The second image, the Legacy costumes.

The third image, the exclusive Tales of Vesperia costumes.

It does not make it clear which costumes you will get. You either get three costumes, from the legacy costumes or the Tales of Vesperia costumes otherwise you would get all of them. Does anybody know?
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/10/08/tales-of-hearts-r-nets-day-one-edition-pre-order-bonuses-in-eur/

Players who pre-order Tales of Hearts R in Europe will receive three exclusive DLC costumes inspired by previous series entries Tales of the Tempest, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, and Tales of Graces F. Pre-order the day-one Soma Link Edition and you'll also get a trio of costumes ripped from 2008's Tales of Vesperia.

MUnited83

For you.

A true limited/low print run would be the Asian English physical release of FF X-2 which is already going for 70$ new and will probably rise even more in the future. Glad I got mine when it was around 40$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom