• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuardo

I questioned your site's 'reviews' after it 'reviewed' Donkey Kong Country 3 for GBA and made no mention whatsoever of the whole new extra world added to the game that wasn't in the SNES original. When I raised it, I just got some shit excuse. Seemed like a dodgy hash job to me.

Don't wanna continue to drive off-topic, but what I will say here is that the review was written in 2005 - some nine years ago. That reviewer is LONG gone, and I imagine was rather inexperienced himself at that time, given that the site only launched two years prior. I joined as a reviewer in 2011, and the site's grown and matured and come on leaps and bounds in the past few years. The guys that launched the site and reviewed for it around 2003 were literally teenage Nintendo fans - it was made as a simple fansite - but obviously, some 11+ years later, we're all grown-up and if you read our reviews of today, you will immediately see the stark contrast to reviews written by inexperienced boys back then. I personally have become one of the senior editors, recruiting lots of good writers in recent months, and created a style guide that we ask all reviewers to conform to so that we have a professional standard of writing across the board. Every single review goes through an editing process now (something I imagine didn't happen back then). I make no excuses for some of the reviews from around 2003 and the next few years after that - nothing I can do about that. But I'm grateful the site was even started at all, as it's given me and many other writers fantastic opportunities. This is not the same site that you cite that 2005 review on, I assure you. I wasn't around back then, but I do apologise for any badly written articles from days gone by - there's nothing I can do about some of those old reviews, but we have to keep them on the site, no matter how bad they might be.

Sorry to continue off-topic, but since you mentioned that here, I had to give you my defence here, too. Would have preferred a PM about it, but no worries. Even if that doesn't change your mind (for which I'm sorry, despite not being part of such old and unprofessional articles from back then), hopefully you can see current reviews are of a much higher quality.

Rixa

Iam going to buy DS4 & D3:RoS for PS4 around 4.12.2014.

Where to get Dual Shock 4 cheap, (international posting to Finland)? Also any ideas, will D3:RoS PS4 version drop in price in the near future (beginning of december)?

Are controllers cheaper in EU than Asia?

So, uh, did zavvi remove their rewards system? I just wanted to order something and my points are all gone.

It does seem that way. I've only recently noticed it myself and lost about 3-4 pounds worth of rewards points due to it. That's not much in the grand scheme of things, but it's still pretty lame that they didn't give us a heads up regarding the removal of the rewards program.

Cheapest Wii Remote plus anyone? Nippon-Yasan only has the special editions.
If you're in the UK Argos has them for £17.99. Well that is what their website says. I can see this being another Wii Party U situation (it was just Wii Party...well in a way seeing the hotukdeals poster who bought their entire stores supply go from joy to despair was golden).

Other Argos thing I missed. Beat the Beat Rhythm Paradise Fever is now £3.99. It was a must buy at £19.99, £14.99, £9.99 and £4.99, please buy it at £3.99 :(

Kirby's Epic Yarn is about £7 too.

Craft

Depends on what you like.

DQIX is a traditional Dragon Quest game, which means a JRPG, with turn based battles. This iteration has online features though.

The Dragon Quest Monsters games are a sort of Pokémon-light style of game set in the Dragon Quest universe. If you don't like the latter, I wouldn't recommend it. I do like DQ and had a lot of fun with the first Dragon Quest Monsters.

Sounds good, at the current price point I haven't got much to lose =)

Some bargains on the Argos website, going to pick up the following tomorrow:
Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie DS Game. £5.99
Dragon Quest Jokers: Monster DS Game. £3.99
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies. £3.99
Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise Wii Game. £3.99

For people who don't have them I'd recommend Dead or Alive Dimensions £4.99, Resident Evil Mercs £4.99 and Steel Diver £3.99

zaphod79

Any PS+/35 pound deals? Is CDkeys still the cheapest?

It seems to consistantly be the cheapest - there have been a few odd offers in the last couple of weeks which might still be do-able if you want an alternative but CDkeys at just over £33 for a UK code is lower than anything else else (remember to like them on facebook for the 5% off code)

http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus/playstation-plus-365-day-subscription

Other recent offers

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/40-...-3-dvd-tesco-direct-new-customer-code-2008777

Fifa + 90 day PS+ and a £3 DVD for £40

90 days for £9.99 at Graingergames (out of stock on the website but you might find some in store - you can check store stock on this page)

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps3/pn1373-playstation-plus-card-90-day-subscription

And there are fairly regular posts on hotukdeals about some HMV stores having odd stocks left which they were selling off cheaply (in store only)

Martian

It seems to consistantly be the cheapest - there have been a few odd offers in the last couple of weeks which might still be do-able if you want an alternative but CDkeys at just over £33 for a UK code is lower than anything else else (remember to like them on facebook for the 5% off code)

http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus/playstation-plus-365-day-subscription

Other recent offers

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/40-...-3-dvd-tesco-direct-new-customer-code-2008777

Fifa + 90 day PS+ and a £3 DVD for £40

90 days for £9.99 at Graingergames (out of stock on the website but you might find some in store - you can check store stock on this page)

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps3/pn1373-playstation-plus-card-90-day-subscription

And there are fairly regular posts on hotukdeals about some HMV stores having odd stocks left which they were selling off cheaply (in store only)

Just FYI: cd key store arent allowed here, if Im correct

Edit: nvm, see below

Just FYI: cd key store arent allowed here, if Im correct
That refers to CD key re-sellers who basically gut eastern European or Russian copies of games and/or purchase them fraudulently (leading to the games be revoked...after you've paid).

It is thought CD keys do that for some PC games but they can't do that for any of the console stuff.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
ITAGAF:

Ps4 + FIFA15 + 2 dualshock4 controllers = €399 @Euronics in store until Oct.4th or till supplies last (4209 bundles available)

Goddamn I wish I had waited to get my PS4, contrary to the XBone or WiiU I was sure with this one at the most we were going to see a €50 price drop after Xmas 2014.

Sanjay

Featured today sale!
ioW6pa9EVlT9Z.png

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Featured today sale!
Need For Speed Rivals 75% off thingy

Weirdly only available through the client it seems. I held off buying this for ages because of the whole 30 FPS thing, and then forgot about it.

Less than £4 is good for me, bought. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
How?

Not for me. :/ Unless it ended at midnight I guess.
It's still going here.

Again it is only available through the Origin client (I am in the UK like the previous poster who found it) and only via the Featured Today tab.

stalker

A bit off-topic, but I just ordered a few DS games from Play-Asia and I was surprised at the shipping cost to Spain. A lot higher than a few months ago, is there a reason for this?

And maybe even more off-topic, but seeing there the weekly offer of SMT4 US version for under 20 makes me sad. Definitely not going to buy this digital.

Bradach

After exhausting all my sources for cheap PS+ membership for EUR I'd decided to ask the pros.

Anyone know of any decent deals on PS+ for EUR, all the decent deals are for US or UK.

Sakujou

Banned
If you're in the UK Argos has them for £17.99. Well that is what their website says. I can see this being another Wii Party U situation (it was just Wii Party...well in a way seeing the hotukdeals poster who bought their entire stores supply go from joy to despair was golden).

Other Argos thing I missed. Beat the Beat Rhythm Paradise Fever is now £3.99. It was a must buy at £19.99, £14.99, £9.99 and £4.99, please buy it at £3.99 :(

Kirby's Epic Yarn is about £7 too.

someone willing to buy kirby and post it to germany? iam interested as long as this is a sealed copy.

Fxp

Question about Spanish version of Super Mario 3D World: is English language included? I assume it switches to the language of your console but want to be sure before ordering.
Contacted Spanish Amazon support and they weren't sure about it.

the shop of two has the xbox one stereo headset for £42 last time I looked earlier today, and angry birds star wars for xbox one for just over £12 if that's your thing.

Maloney

Hi,
I've finally taken the plunge and ordered a Wii U. I didn't want to start another "I've just bought a Wii U recommend me some games" thread, but if anyone can point me in the direction of any game deals I would appreciate it.

I've already got hold of Zombi U for a tenner, and I would really like to get Lego City Undercover.

Also, I'm looking for Mario Kart 8, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101 etc.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated for me (and my 5 year old - as it's his Christmas present!)

Hi,
I've finally taken the plunge and ordered a Wii U. I didn't want to start another "I've just bought a Wii U recommend me some games" thread, but if anyone can point me in the direction of any game deals I would appreciate it.

I've already got hold of Zombi U for a tenner, and I would really like to get Lego City Undercover.

Also, I'm looking for Mario Kart 8, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101 etc.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated for me (and my 5 year old - as it's his Christmas present!)

LEGO City Undercover. Been playing it the past 2 days. It's great.

Dee Dee

Wii U, the land of the Bombas!

The Ubi games are really cheap in retail, and they and Capcom do frequent eshop sales. You will have a hard time finding AC III or IV, Rayman Legends or that Splinter Cell title for ABOVE 25 EUR. Rayman Legends is highly recommended by the way. On the other end of the spectrum, Tekken Tag Tournament has hit the 15 EUR bins by now, if you have adults to play with, go ahead, it is well worth it at that price.

Also, hold on to your Club Nintendo codes. The Euro rewards are pure bullshit, so only register stuff when they do a promo where you get free stuff for it (happens every other month). The premium program for eshop sales is much better. Wait for sales on the eshop, they do eventually come.

Also: Earthbound.

PS: German Media Markt has a buy 3, pay 2 offer on all off their video games. Offer ends tomorrow (they are open this sunday) but also includes online and pre-orders ftom what I can tell. Good offer for 3 Wii U games of choice!

TheMoon

Hi,

This thread is where you want to go: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743320

jimi_dini

Heeeeeeeeeyy, I REALLY want to buy this for my nephews but I'm fairly new in Switzerland... could anybody PLEASE let me know if customs is gonna stop this or anything like that? :( please?

I guess they will send it from UK, which means it will probably go through customs. They surely won't stop it, but you may have to pay tax for it. btw. the power cable will not be compatible. You will have to get an adapter (which is quite cheap).

EDIT: Probably a better deal:

www shopto net / video-games/wiiu/WIIUHW92-wii-u-basic-console-wii-party-u-nintendoland-new-super-mario-bros

Wii U Basic + sensor bar + Wii Party U + Wiimote+ + Nintendo Land + Sonic Lost World + New Super Mario Bros U - 185pounds

LEGO City Undercover. Been playing it the past 2 days. It's great.

I agree with that.

Just picked up "Battle Fantasia" for 4 quid second hand from CeX. It's available in local stores at:

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=8023171016108#.VDGGKxaHOFA

Manchester: 2 In Stock
Newcastle under Lyme: 1 In Stock
Cardiff: 1 In Stock
Bristol: 1 In Stock
Camden: 1 In Stock
Bournemouth - Castlepoint: 2 In Stock
Poole: 1 In Stock
Basildon: 1 In Stock

Or you could just order from the site and get it there instead of going locally. Althought that'll bump it up to £6.50 with delivery. It's an interesting RPG/Fighter hybrid from ArcSystems, the fellas who made Guilty Gear & Blazeblue. Easily worth looking into for that price. Had a good time with it when I played it a couple of years ago.

5vzvsZL.png

battle-fantasia-001.jpg

jimi_dini

Attention: it says "ex-display" for the DS games. They say this about it: "Well, sometimes we receive games that are slightly damaged, unsealed or are missing manuals/dlc. These products are brand new and unused but we discount the price and offer them to you guys." Well the prices are nice, so I got myself Prince Of Persia + Impossible Mission.

Just a little update on this. I received the games today. Manuals, game and case included. And they don't look used at all, they are in top condition. I would personally call it "like new".

Just a little update on this. I received the games today. Manuals, game and case included. And they don't look used at all, they are in top condition. I would personally call it "like new".

So these copies were basically "unsealed", but the next ones could end up missing stuff or actually be damaged. A bit of a lottery like Amazon warehouse deals.

Thanks for the update.

jimi_dini

So these copies were basically "unsealed", but the next ones could end up missing stuff or actually be damaged. A bit of a lottery like Amazon warehouse deals.

In theory yes. I don't know how well they handle it. I expected it to be bad/worse and I was actually surprised by it. It was well worth the 7pounds I paid in total.

Hey guys, so I want to pre-order the bayonetta Special Edition (the two disk version; not the first print edition). Zavvi.nl ( the 'dutch website' of zavvi.co.uk) has it for 51.99 Euro's. However I read stories here that Zavvi is unreliable. So any suggestion or alternatives? shipping to mainland Europe is required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom