• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I can get Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for a cheaper price? I am waiting for it to be reduced but it disappeared from GAME, Amazon and Gamestop.

Unfortunately that's a good sign that it's out of print and that the price will go higher. I'm going to buy a digital version at the end of December if I can't find it for a good price so that I can at least take advantage of the Premium promotion.

This weeks Wii U eShop update:
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze €33.49 / £26.79 / CHF43.00 until 06/11/2014 22:59 UTC for users who downloaded Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2™: Diddy's Kong Quest™ or Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble™ from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U.
That also means the DKC Trilogy is coming back...though if you if you have to buy those (£5.49 each) it might not be much cheaper than a digital code form GAME (also the eShop one will only track as £26.79 DDP while the GAME codes tracks as £40 DDP).

A little update on WOW HD btw before I forget:

I preordered Fantasy Life (3DS) from them for €30,39 (~£24). Got a dispatch email last Monday. The game arrived today. Was marked as music CD and not as a €30,39 one.

(and it's factory sealed with Nintendo ribbon)

Edit: fyi I did not ask to mark down.

zaphod79

Voted last year on those awards, never received anything. :)

Last year I got whatever the 'free' game was at the time (cant even remember) without any problem - they do say there is a limit to the number of keys being given out so it is possible you wont get the game but its worth trying

FYI if you do not I will probably have a spare (depending on how they allocate them) as I voted before they announced the free game and I already have Xcom

TheMoon

I preordered Fantasy Life (3DS) from them for €30,39 (~£24). Got a dispatch email last Monday. The game arrived today. Was marked as music CD and not as a €30,39 one.

They do that with DS/3DS games because they easily pass as CDs. My DS/3DS orders always came faster than my DVD-sized game orders.

Skele7on

Banned
golds are great, and they seem to be on offer now and again. Work wirelessly with PC too, and using a wire will work with anything

That sounds very good actually, I may use my game shares and pick some up on Thursday. As them working with xbox also using a wire is amazing!

just received my theatrythm which i ordered on the 8th.
uk to germany in 5 days, not bad.

That is sarcasm, right?

I ordered a game from an eBay seller living to the west of Brussels, Belgium once. I live to the east of Brussels. Probably about a 40 minute drive max by car. The game took 4 working days to arrive. :)

scamander

Banned
For my last two orders from the UK I had to wait about three weeks to arrive (in Germany). Meanwhile orders from the other end of the world (like Canada) arrive after two days. Fucking Royal snail mail. -.-

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That sounds very good actually, I may use my game shares and pick some up on Thursday. As them working with xbox also using a wire is amazing!

you'll need the little headphone adapter for the Xbox one, as it doesn't have a 3.5mm socket on the controller by default.

69wpm

just received my theatrythm which i ordered on the 8th.
uk to germany in 5 days, not bad.

First class from UK to Romania usually takes 3 days. Games I order on release day are shipped on Wednesday and arrive on Monday. Why the heck does it take longer to Germany? Where did you order again?

Sakujou

Banned
For my last two orders from the UK I had to wait about three weeks to arrive (in Germany). Meanwhile orders from the other end of the world (like Canada) arrive after two days. Fucking Royal snail mail. -.-

i was about to post that.

when i bought the slim version of the ps2 in 2006 with odin sphere it took 3 days from the US to arrive while a game bought and sent from an online-store in germany took a whole week to get into my mailbox.

miracles do happen.

First class from UK to Romania usually takes 3 days. Games I order on release day are shipped on Wednesday and arrive on Monday. Why the heck does it take longer to Germany? Where did you order again?

it wasnt first class, it was normally dispatched by tgc.

Xhorder

Same here. Didn't ask for a mark down, but noticed it was marked as a music CD.

69wpm

i was about to post that.

when i bought the slim version of the ps2 in 2006 with odin sphere it took 3 days from the US to arrive while a game bought and sent from an online-store in germany took a whole week to get into my mailbox.

miracles do happen.

it wasnt first class, it was normally dispatched by tgc.

Ok, I still get my games in 3 days from them. And I'm pretty sure most of them go through Germany to get over here.

kuppy

What's the consensus on where to order Bayo 2+1 from?
TGC for me, because they work the best for me and the price is also totally okay (£38.95).
Yes, it's no price point that makes me a happy Cheap Arse Gaffer, but come on it's Bayonetta. If I don't buy it day one, it won't sell at all.

TGC for me, because they work the best for me and the price is also totally okay (£38.95).
Yes, it's no price point that makes me a happy Cheap Arse Gaffer, but come on it's Bayonetta. If I don't buy it day one, it won't sell at all.
Why wouldn't you be happy to get two games for £39?

jts

...hate me...
Good enough for me! Never used TGC before, but I like the shipping costs. Ordered Tomb Raider Definitive as well :)

So the white coloured standalone PlayStation 4 has been announced and is scheduled to be released this Friday.

Should I get it immediately or can I wait until next year when it gets cheaper without the concern it will be out of stock? Is this even limited? I know bundles are limited but this is not. Any suggestions?

Hasney

So the white coloured standalone PlayStation 4 has been announced and is scheduled to be released this Friday.

Should I get it immediately or can I wait until next year when it gets cheaper without the concern it will be out of stock? Is this even limited? I know bundles are limited but this is not. Any suggestions?

Sony have stopped colours before that weren't announced as limited editions. You should be safe on one price cut, but no idea beyond that.

WowHD seems to be the best place for a physical PS4 copy of Shadow of Mordor at €47 unless anyone knows someplace better? I've seen a few people mention that site in this thread. Are they reliable? How long do their deliveries usually take?

Hasney

WowHD seems to be the best place for a physical PS4 copy of Shadow of Mordor at €47 unless anyone knows someplace better? I've seen a few people mention that site in this thread. Are they reliable? How long do their deliveries usually take?

Can be a little slow if customs want to take a peek as they're sometimes sent outside the EU. They're marked down though so hopefully you won't get hit with charges.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I have the game, and I ordered two. Christmas is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom