• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

...hate me...
Does anybody know what VA languages come in each version of TLOU? ND games are all over the place with this so I really don't know.

Especially, what VA languages come packed in the UK edition (PS4 version).

Stubo

Just ordered, lets see what happens

Looking at their store some of the games are at really weird prices, Shadow of Mordor for £97 anyone?
9kB4IDU.png

Seems to good to be true.... Ordered!
This is never going to happen...but yeah, me too!

illusionary

"Important message: You have added more of the Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) than the 0 currently available from this seller. Please remove the additional quantities from your basket."

:(

Soodanim

"Important message: You have added more of the Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) than the 0 currently available from this seller. Please remove the additional quantities from your basket."

:(
Yep, same. Maybe I'd have had more luck if I was on a PC instead of having to log into lastpass, or if I paid for lastpass premium.

WOW HD regularly have price differences between their different outlets.

The Irish version (.ie) is always the cheapest. Everybody should always just order from there, no matter what country you're from. It makes no difference with regards to shipping, payment etc. anyway, so there's no point to supporting your local version of the site instead of the Irish one.

Link83

Missed out on Fire Emblem, but just noticed rarewaves also has the 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro for £1.95:-
http://www.play.com/stores/Rarewaves/listing/763863171
Worth a try!

----------------------

Also thanks for the replies regarding solus Wii Party U and the GamePad Horizontal Stand, shame nobody seems to know the answer!

The question is does the actual solos SKU come with the stand and I can't find an answer.

Even if the answer were yes, I guess the real question is are the game collection really selling the solos version and not the game stripped from the remote bundle. I'm kind of in the same boat of wanting the stupid stand more than the game.
I'm exactly the same, only really wanted the stand! (But would try out the game with friends)

Perhaps Morfeo can help answer both questions?
Bought Wii Party U and Child of Light thanks to tips from this thread, thanks!

LAM09

The Irish version (.ie) is always the cheapest. Everybody should always just order from there, no matter what country you're from. It makes no difference with regards to shipping, payment etc. anyway, so there's no point to supporting your local version of the site instead of the Irish one.

I have never used them before. What's their service like?

Hasney

Fire Emblem went again, but I grabbed Virtues Last Reward on Vita for £1.95 and a blue 360 controller for £2.95

I can't help but feel like this Rarewaves fella is one to avoid.

€74 for FIFA 13 (PSP)
€3 for Virtue's Last Reward (PSVita)

Am I the only one thinking this seems a bit fishy?

He sells his stuff on Amazon UK and eBay too, allthough he seems to have closed down his eBay outlet.

Hasney

I can't help but feel like this Rarewaves fella is one to avoid.

€74 for FIFA 13 (PSP)
€3 for Virtue's Last Reward (PSVita)

Am I the only one thinking this seems a bit fishy?

He sells his stuff on Amazon UK and eBay too, allthough he seems to have closed down his eBay outlet.

His feedback is fine by the looks of things, so I doubt they'd tank their reputaion on this. Wouldn't be shocked if they were from another region that uses PAL though. We'll see in a few days!

Hasney

Looking at their Amazon page, I wonder if something is going weird with his play.com pricing. His Amazon store is priced perfectly fine.

flohen95

If that stuff goes through, that's one hell of a deal. Well, the more people play Fire Emblem, the better. Hope you'll enjoy it!
I'd try to grab an Xbox 360 controller since one of the two I have is in a less than desirable condition and the left stick doesn't operate correctly anymore, but I think you can only order via play.com if you have a credit card, no?

His feedback is fine by the looks of things, so I doubt they'd tank their reputaion on this. Wouldn't be shocked if they were from another region that uses PAL though. We'll see in a few days!

According to their profile on Play: "Here at Rarewaves we offer a wide range of entertainment items including DVDs, CDs, Video Games & Books. All items are brand new, 100% official, bought direct from the UK supplier. All orders are sent by secure mail, anywhere in the world."

So that should probably rule out Australian copies and the likes?

Anyway, in my country it's prohibited to sell anything below cost price. It seems unlikely that the official UK supplier (either Nintendo directly or some local distributor) sold Fire Emblem for sub-€4 and that rarewaves is the only one that got a hold of those super cheap copies.

Hasney

According to their profile on Play: "Here at Rarewaves we offer a wide range of entertainment items including DVDs, CDs, Video Games & Books. All items are brand new, 100% official, bought direct from the UK supplier. All orders are sent by secure mail, anywhere in the world."

So that should probably rule out Australian copies and the likes?

Anyway, in my country it's prohibited to sell anything below cost price. It seems unlikely that the official UK supplier (either Nintendo directly or some local distributor) sold Fire Emblem for sub-€4 and that rarewaves is the only one that got a hold of those super cheap copies.

There are things like buying a warehouse that's closing down that I know Argos did to get their stock of older Wii games, but because of the high prices of almost everything else, I woudn't be shocked at this being a mis-pricing bug, especially seeing as how the stock in the store's been pulled now.

I really think it's a bug as going to their Amazon page has Virtues Last Reward at a very standard price of £20.92.

hmm, seems reasonable enough.

Shipping does take a while though....

I ordered a Wii U Pro Controller from them in May of this year. Selected the cheapest shipping option (which I think is SAL) and I got the controller 4 working days after it shipped.

The estimates they put out there are kind of generous. Japan Post is really quite fast.

I ordered a Wii U Pro Controller from them in May of this year. Selected the cheapest shipping option (which I think is SAL) and I got the controller 4 working days after it shipped.

The estimates they put out there are kind of generous. Japan Post is really quite fast.

I might bite then.

Just a quick question first, what's SAL?

sam777

I am also thinking about getting a pro controller from there but just worried Royal Mail will charge me when the item gets delivered, is there a possibility of this?

flohen95

I might bite then.

Surface Air Lifted. There's also Surface (which is by ship and usually takes 1-3 months), EMS (Express Mail Service, the fastest option), etc. It's just different types of shipping, kinda like Standard/Priority.

Surface Air Lifted in particular means that the package is treated as surface mail in the origin and destination country, but is regarded as air mail on it's way to the destination country.

I am also thinking about getting a pro controller from there but just worried Royal Mail will charge me when the item gets delivered, is there a possibility of this?

Nah, they mark them as being €10 on the shipping note, so as to avoid the charge, nicely.

Got a pro controller, princess peach wiimote and a 64gb Vita card from them for under a hundred quid including shipping last month. Cheapest postage option, 4 days to get to me, no import charge. Pretty ace all round!

Surface Air Lifted. There's also Surface (which is by ship and usually takes 1-3 months), EMS (Express Mail Service, the fastest option), etc. It's just different types of shipping, kinda like Standard/Priority.

Surface Air Lifted in particular means that the package is treated as surface mail in the origin and destination country, but is regarded as air mail on it's way to the destination country.

Great. That's pretty much the one I was going for anyway.

Cheers.

sam777

Nah, they mark them as being €10 on the shipping note, so as to avoid the charge, nicely.

Got a pro controller, princess peach wiimote and a 64gb Vita card from them for under a hundred quid including shipping last month. Cheapest postage option, 4 days to get to me, no import charge. Pretty ace all round!

Thanks will go for it then.

I might bite then.

There is a quite extensive explanation of it on the Japan Post website (in English).

There is a chance, but it's fairly low. The more your shipping option costs, the higher the chance you'll get charged VAT and a fee.

jimi_dini

Boulderdash Rocks (DS) - 8.20pounds
Resident Evil 5 (Gold Edition) - 9pounds
Epic Mickey 2 (Wii, not Wii U! which means Wiimote-Support) - 10pounds
Rayman 3D (3DS) - 10pounds
Dragon's Dogma (PS3) - 10pounds
Killer Is Dead (PS3) - 10pounds
Just Dance Kids 2014 (Wii U) - 11pounds
Batman Arkham Origins (Wii U) - 15pounds
Sonic Colours (Wii) - 13pounds
Spongebob Squarepants Plankton's Robotic Revenge (Wii U) - 16pounds
Game and Wario (Wii U) - 19pounds
AssCreed 4 (Wii U) - 17pounds
Drawn To Life Next Chapter (Wii) - 7.40pounds
Rhythm Paradise (DS) - 8pounds

additional -10% via coupon 10GDB

EDIT: thehut.de asks for 3pounds postage fee, so don't order there. Better order from thehut.com directly. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom