• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

TGC are selling Minecraft PS4 for 9.99£ (just today, I guess).

Does this include a disc, or is it just a PSN download code included in the box? I'm in Sweden, so I'm worried if it's the latter I won't be able to use it on my account.

Also, what is the exact situation with crossbuy and upgrading? I want the PS3/Vita version to be able to play on my Vita, but there's no way to "downgrade" from PS4 to Vita, is there? (Also, if there were, would it even be doable if you have the disc version?)

Dear Tribes of Trusty,

Rarewaves has refunded your purchase of "Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) (3DS)". Please check the following details:

Item : Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) (3DS)
Order ID : 317001315
Order Date : 14/10/2014
Payment Type : Credit/Debit Card
Purchase Price : 4.32 EUR

Goods : 4.32 EUR
Refund Total : 4.32 EUR

Reason for Refund : 6
Seller Note : Unfortunately we are unable to fulfil your order. We have actioned a full refund. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Should you have any questions about this refund, you should email Rarewaves directly at play@rarewaves.com. Further information about PlayTrade can be found at:

� PlayTrade User Agreement : https://www.play.com/HelpDesk.aspx?page=TradeUserAgreement
� PlayTrade Fees Page : https://www.play.com/HelpDesk.aspx?page=PlayFundsGuidelines
� PlayTrade FAQ : https://www.play.com/HelpDesk.aspx?page=TradeGeneralq

Kind Regards,
PlayTrade
56d.gif

I've been with Play.com for years and recently got an email from the new Rakuten UK website offering me £5 off an order if I spent at least £7 with one store. I kind of faffed and didn't spend the money, but today they sent me a message saying it's a shame I didn't use my voucher but they were giving me 500 superpoints worth £5 directly on to my account anyway - which is better as I don't have to spend £7 to use them. So I've ordered The Legend of Korra season 1 for £4.70. Hope it's good!

TheMoon

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order on Play.com

We had a technical error on the Play.com site yesterday evening which caused errors in our listings.

Therefore we have had to unfortunately cancel your order.

Your credit card has not been charged.

Kind regards

Rarewaves

welp ...

There is a German The Hut? :) How long has this been there?

Since earlier this year.

why the fuck is there a 3.99EUR shipping charge lol

it's now MORE expensive for me to buy the same game with a 10% off voucher from the German store instead of buying without the voucher from the UK site which has free shipping to Germany lol. How ridiculous is that?

it's now MORE expensive for me to buy the same game with a 10% off voucher from the German store instead of buying without the voucher from the UK site which has free shipping to Germany lol. How ridiculous is that?

You pay for the extra service (German language).

Hasney

My play.com order is still surviving. Just a matter of time, but holding onto faint hope that only Fire Emblem got caught.

jimi_dini

What? They added a shipping charge? Exclusive to that german storefront? :( I didn't try to order anything. Damn.

TheMoon

What? They added a shipping charge? Exclusive to that german storefront? :( I didn't try to order anything. Damn.

Not just "a" shipping charge, a ridiculous shipping charge! Even Amazon just charges 3EUR lol ... 3.99 is laughable! Especially since it's a standard fee, no consideration if you ordered a piece of paper or a brick lol.

repeater

Sweden-import friendly Wii U's, does such a thing exist? Our Premiums are at 260 euros at the cheapest :/

Amazon.it has the Wii Party U Basic Pack for 190€. But I don't know if they ship to Sweden.
I got mine from Amazon.co.uk when they had a great deal on the Party pack+Mario Kart 8. There was no hassle and it has worked flawlessly (I had to plug it into a power converter since the power cable was, naturally, fitted for british power outlets. This shouldn't be a problem if you get one from Italy). As long as you're buying directly from Amazon.it or any "fulfilled by Amazon" seller they should ship just fine to Sweden, shouldn't they?

goonergaz

Battlefield 4 Premium is on sale on PS3 and PS4 stores. Along with all shortcuts and everything else.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...mium/cid=EP0006-CUSA00049_00-PREMIUM000000001

Pro tip: Buying the PS3 version of premium is cross buy so unlocks on your PS4 copy. Saving you £3-4 in the process.

So here's the thing...I bought the disk PS3 version and upgraded. But I quite like the idea of going digital so...

If I buy the PS3+premium edition will my PS4 version workwithout the disk!?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
so the 'top up £50 using paypal, get a £10 PSN voucher' looks to have no limit. I assumed it was a one-time thing but there is a banner on PSN saying you get £10 for every £50 you top up.

I don't particularly want to put lots on there, but I could reasonably add money to take me through Q1 next year, which would probably earn me enough for another game.

Can anyone confirm it'll work more than once?

so the 'top up £50 using paypal, get a £10 PSN voucher' looks to have no limit. I assumed it was a one-time thing but there is a banner on PSN saying you get £10 for every £50 you top up.

I don't particularly want to put lots on there, but I could reasonably add money to take me through Q1 next year, which would probably earn me enough for another game.

Can anyone confirm it'll work more than once?

I thought that expired a while back?

LAM09

Have you never owned DVDs?

NA = Region 1 (Region A for Blu Rays)
EU = Region 2 (Region B "~")
etc...

I haven't bought a DVD/Blu ray for years.

If that is the case, why list some games PAL, and others Region 2; aren't they the same thing?

TheMoon

I haven't bought a DVD/Blu ray for years.

If that is the case, why list some games PAL, and others Region 2; Aren't they the same thing?

Maybe they specifically have only EU versions in stock, thus Region 2. Australia is Region 4.

Hasney

If you want the XCom Enemy Within expansion with that free copy of XCom, playfire.com are doing 80% off the expansion if you earn "And so it begins..." in the game.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just got a vita and bought footy manager and ffxHD, what are some other good vita games for cheap?

Minamu

Amazon.it has the Wii Party U Basic Pack for 190€. But I don't know if they ship to Sweden.

I got mine from Amazon.co.uk when they had a great deal on the Party pack+Mario Kart 8. There was no hassle and it has worked flawlessly (I had to plug it into a power converter since the power cable was, naturally, fitted for british power outlets. This shouldn't be a problem if you get one from Italy). As long as you're buying directly from Amazon.it or any "fulfilled by Amazon" seller they should ship just fine to Sweden, shouldn't they?
This is good info, thanks :) I'll look into it. I guess I'd prefer the Premium version though. I'm mainly interested in Bayonetta 2, so I'm pretty much only getting it for that one (two) game. OTOH, the Basic might be smart then.

Think it still works. There's a better guide on SavyGamer:
http://savygamer.co.uk/2014/10/15/minecraft-ps3ps4ps-vita-free/

The PS4 version is free too.

I just tried it and it seems like it worked.

Ah the PS4 version is apparently a trial download though, when it finish downloading and play the game it'll ask you to upgrade and it's £3.69, here's the upgrade link: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/minecraft-playstation4-edition/cid=EP4433-CUSA00265_00-MINECRAFTPS4ED02

Dwayne

Seems to be fixed now? can't get past the third step, as the game has the full price shown.

or maybe because i'm in NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom