• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-fil-A introduces Egg White Grill sandwich, discontinues spicy chicken biscuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why you would need to remove it. The new sandwich is grilled, the spicy stuff is done in a separate fryer, so unless they are getting rid of all spicy chicken, you could easily still do it. The only issue would be marinating the smaller filets, but a small batch could still be done, or just charge a bit more and use the larger filet.

trembli0s

Not only did my local CFA get rid of the spicy biscuit, they don't have the regular spicy chicken sandwich on the menu either. You can only get the deluxe.

That is happening at this company?

Had this happen today when I went to get a spicy sandwich. They made me one without all the crap added on top.

As a white person, I sincerely apologize for the undoubtedly white focus groups that tested this new morning garbage sandwich.

giphy.gif

I take it all back, guys, I'm sorry.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be okay with this replacement if the new sandwich kept the biscuit.

The biscuit is the best part, damnit.

The spicy biscuit was always shit anyway. The spicy chicken sandwich is infinitely better since it doesn't have a mini sized thin piece of chicken, and replaces the terrible biscuit with a soft bun.

Just ask for the lunch sandwich in the morning, and they will make it.

Zoe

The spicy biscuit was always shit anyway. The spicy chicken sandwich is infinitely better since it doesn't have a mini sized thin piece of chicken, and replaces the terrible biscuit with a soft bun.

Just ask for the lunch sandwich in the morning, and they will make it.

I've never noticed a difference between the chicken they use in the morning and the chicken they use for the rest of the day.

ZeroCDR

I didn't like their spicy chicken honestly, it's just hot with no flavor. You can put Texas Pete on the regular biscuit for a better spicy taste, they even provide packets.

I've never noticed a difference between the chicken they use in the morning and the chicken they use for the rest of the day.
The lunch version of the spicy chicken breast is definitely larger and thicker, along with the bun not being as dense as their biscuit which makes for a bigger, better sandwich. That's why if you order the lunch sandwich in the morning, they have to make a separate patty and don't just grab some buns to use with the breakfast chicken, so you have to wait like 6 minutes.

Surprised people are so passionate about it when Minis are obviously the best breakfast item.

I'm sure some places will make it if you ask though and with enough backlash it will be brought back.

Yo I used to think Chic Fil A was typical overhyped shit, but boy was I wrong.

Their spicy chicken sandwich is like home/deli/restaurant quality delicious. Far, far better than Wendy's Spicy Chicken or any other chicken sandwich out there.

ag-my001

The breakfast sandwiches use smaller patties than the lunch/dinner entrees. This move simplifies their menu a bit (same as no spicy nuggets anymore) for the fryers.

GOAT breakfast is still chicken egg and cheese BISCUIT. It's cheaper than the bagel version on the menu to boot.

I hate breakfast at chicken filly. By that I mean I hate the fact that I can't buy the lunch options before breakfast ends which makes me settle with getting a less filling version of what I actually want at not a low enough price.

This new thing looks interesting though. Definitely want to try it out.

andthebeatgoeson

What's really wacky is that they have everything to make it. Still have spicy chicken for the dinner menu, still have biscuits for the breakfast menu. Everything is still there, in the restaurant. But they won't put them together. They are not saving space. They still have to stock the items. They just don't want you guys to be happy.

With the cole slaw, they don't have to stock cole slaw for cole slaw dressing.

But at 1030, they'll hit a switch and start making spicy chicken and the decaying biscuits will be so close.

'Just put them together'
'We don't have it on stock'
'Yes, you do. It's right there'😭

.la1n

I still have Bojangles to guide my way to work in the morning but I'd be lying if I didn't says things will never be the same.

RIP spicy chicken biscuit, you always kept me warm on the cold winter days.

Phenomic

That's bullshit considering they got rid of their best dressing:

4f844847-3f63-4bb6-ab52-1c5551601e2c.jpg

Picture makes me want to pour one out for the most well hidden and best condiment.

It was simply the best thing to smother a chicken sandwich in and nobody realized it or ever did. They replaced it with a Creamy Salsa which is somewhat similar, but its not nearly as good.

213372bu

Banned
Remove the best thing that Chick-Fil-A has to offer for the saddest sandwich in the world.

GG world.

Edit: Cinnamon cluster and Oatmeal too?

The hell?

A-V-B

Seriously, it's like they said "how do we replace something popular that people can only get from Chick Fil A with something that people can get at McDonalds"

Well, good job guys. Ya did it! Ya reduced your overall value to the public!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom