• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-fil-A introduces Egg White Grill sandwich, discontinues spicy chicken biscuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

this-is-bullshit-o.gif

Yes

FyreWulff

Why do restaurants keep kiling off their spicy sandwiches

Burger King used to have an awesome spicy chicken sandwich and it was nuked off the menu. They wouldn't even let you customize a chicken sandwich with the sauce on it. Just straight up gone

Big-E

Burger King used to have an awesome spicy chicken sandwich and it was nuked off the menu. They wouldn't even let you customize a chicken sandwich with the sauce on it. Just straight up gone

Some people can't handle any spice and ruin it for everyone. People who can't handle spice complain to high heaven whenever it happens so restaurants all over the world are cautious. I never know when I am actually getting something spicy when I order something. spicy as the cooks might tone it down out of fear. Hate it.

entremet

Americans palates aren't big on heat from a market research perspective.

Food nerds online might go nuts about sriracha, but that's not mass market behavior.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
First dinosaurs are birds and now this. Why don't you just make a FUCKING DINOSAUR BISCUIT CHICK FIL A GOD DAMN

styl3s

Is this some sort of publicity stunt? sounds like it to me.
How is it a publicity stunt? They stopped selling coleslaw which A LOT of people loved including myself and they got rid of honey mustard which caused HUGE backlash from consumers. Fast Food companies take away shit all the time. Remember when McDonalds took away hot mustard? Bit them right in the asshole.

At least with this biscuit if it sells stupid well where you live they will continue selling it.

FyreWulff

Some people can't handle any spice and ruin it for everyone. People who can't handle spice complain to high heaven whenever it happens so restaurants all over the world are cautious. I never know when I am actually getting something spicy when I order something. spicy as the cooks might tone it down out of fear. Hate it.

yeah, 'general public' spicy foods are like.. not spicy at all.

the Angriest Burger just tastes like a normal burger to me, for example.

The spicy biscuit disappeared from local chick-fil-a two years ago and then reappeared:

While they were gone I never went there for breakfast. Now I do. If the spicy biscuit goes away again so do I.

tmac456

seriously hope this new sandwich flops so hard

they will regret making this change. no chance that thing touches the sales of the spicy chicken biscuit

The breakfast sandwiches use smaller patties than the lunch/dinner entrees. This move simplifies their menu a bit (same as no spicy nuggets anymore) for the fryers.

GOAT breakfast is still chicken egg and cheese BISCUIT. It's cheaper than the bagel version on the menu to boot.
Finally someone gets it. Skip that trash mini spicy chicken patty imposter and get the real ones via the lunch sandwich. Just ask for it and breakfast and they will make one especially for you, and it's piping hot when you get it.

Bigger, better and made the moment you order it.

Sanjuro

Maybe they can do a KFC Double Down type sandwich.

Spicy Chicken Sandwich with a spicy chicken patties for the bun.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Stopped by the new CFA that opened near my job and though it was gone from the menu, I was still able to order it. :)

A-V-B

Stopped by the new CFA that opened near my job and though it was gone from the menu, I was still able to order it. :)

Lucky. Called multiple CFAs around me and they're all gone. Employees seemed confused about it, too. Said the biscuit was selling well.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This is stupid.

They already have a non spicy biscuit as it is. Taking the option away just drives away costumers while the add won't likely drive new revenue.

tensuke

Ooh, that looks goo---NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They already did with the plan chicken biscuit. That's the rub.

Like I'd love to see who ran the focus group and how the setup influenced the results.

That's...weird. Cutting out a spicy variant of a relatively popular item because of a focus group is very confusing. Even if you wanted to add in a healthier option, you can do so without cutting the other items, like many other restaurants have done.

Being real though, the Spicy chicken biscuit was a 9/10 without sauce. The regular chicken biscuit is a 7.5-8. The reg chicken biscuit with strawberry jam, though, is a 9.5 or 10. It's damn good, and if you've never tried putting the strawberry jam on your biscuit you owe it to yourself.

Regiruler

Redoing the barbecue sauce? Chic-fil a had a godlike sauce already, now they're ruining perfection. The sweetness was perfect with the chicken.

EDIT: If the changes were a few months ago I didn't notice a difference when I went 2 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom