• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-fil-A testing Family Style Meals and new sides

I mean if it'll get me free food

You are my ENEMY

The family style meal does appeal more when it's free

When people say the owner, that normally means the person that founded it. He could have said the current CEO or person that runs the company.

And when people talk about this controversy, they normally are talking about the person who said what was said. Why discuss this if you do not even know the details?

This just doesn't look like a $30 meal (and we all know what those look like).
Need an upgrade on the biscuits and increase the tender count.

I'd rather see a golden chick open near me though.

EYEL1NER

This just doesn't look like a $30 meal (and we all know what those look like).
Need an upgrade on the biscuits and increase the tender count.

I'd rather see a golden chick open near me though.
I've been going to Golden Chick and getting an 8-piece half-fried/half-roasted (their roasted chicken is so juicy) for over a year now since I found out my store did half price 8-piece and 15-piece meals on Monday. I went in last Monday after not going in for a couple Mondays and grabbed an 8-piece bucket, a side of Mac n cheese, a side of mashed potatoes, and an extra half dozen rolls. Normally it's pretty cheap with a half price 8-piece being like $8 but I found out they don't do half price Monday anymore. Something to do with their delivery truck coming in on Monday instead of Tuesday now. Such a bummer. Still got great catfish though.

LycanXIII

I'm definitely curious what those mini-rolls taste like. The place I've been going for chicken a ton lately has amazing yeast-y fluffy rolls. If these are similar or better, I'd probably get one of the family meals once, to also try out the CFA macaroni and cheese. A family-sized meal from Golden Chick is still cheaper (than Popeye's or KFC also), so I wouldn't get it often.

Get the Chicken Mini's for breakfast one morning, it's the nuggets and the rolls together.

WipedOut

I don't see the local operators promoting bigotry. You know what I see? A great family environment that welcomes everyone.
I concur. Having just gone and eaten some of their delicious golden crispy nuggets and extra crispy waffle fries they did promote a friendly environment and everyone had a smile on their face.

I saw many people from different race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex and sexual orientation. Hell there Probably was a pansexual there as well enjoying that tasty chicken

Back on topic, I don't think these family dinners as they are will make it out of test markets.

Ponn

Banned
I could get enough food to last for 3 days from KFC for that price. That looks like barely enough for a snack.

Yup, that doesn't look like a great deal at all compared to KFC's $20 bucket meals. Hell I can go even cheaper than that if I walked into Publix and got a box of fried chicken and some cole slaw and southern potato salad.

I concur. Having just gone and eaten some of their delicious golden crispy nuggets and extra crispy waffle fries they did promote a friendly environment and everyone had a smile on their face.

I saw many people from different race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex and sexual orientation. Hell there Probably was a pansexual there as well enjoying that tasty chicken

Back on topic, I don't think these family dinners as they are will make it out of test markets.

Nobody's saying they don't treat their employees and customers well.

The problem is that the company continues funneling money into groups that actively work against the LGBTQ community, specially targeting children with their messaging and outreach.

Anyone buying CFA food is knowingly, indirectly contributing to those organizations, and it's disgusting.

E92 M3

Nobody's saying they don't treat their employees and customer well.

The problem is that the company continues funneling money into groups that actively work against the LGBTQ community, specially targeting children with their messaging and outreach.

Anyone buying CFA food is knowingly, indirectly contributing to those organizations, and it's disgusting.

I buy CFA food because it tastes good. Every company in this world can potentially have bad people working there. Hell, most of our products are made in China with minimal labor laws. Also, the food that most people eat comes from slaughtered animals.

Fight your battles in smart places, but not against chicken sandwiches that everyone loves. There is nothing disgusting about a family bringing their kids in to enjoy the play place and eat yummy food. By the way, the franchises are owned by local people.

jediyoshi

image.php

Please no shaming.

I buy CFA food because it tastes good. Every company in this world can potentially have bad people working there. Hell, most of our products are made in China with minimal labor laws. Also, the food that most people eat comes from slaughtered animals.

Fight your battles in smart places, but not against chicken sandwiches that everyone loves. There is nothing disgusting about a family bringing their kids in to enjoy the play place and eat yummy food. By the way, the franchises are owned by local people.

Boycotting Chick Fil A is very easy. Why do you care that people do?

Pickles belong in two places:

The trash can
The ground

None of those are sandwiches!

But you can sandwich something to the ground or a trash can

5taquitos

Choosing not to eat at a particular fast-food establishment because corporate donates to anti-LGBT causes seems like a perfectly smart battle.

But this is a case where there's 100% proof that the money going to the company is going to bad, evil causes. There's no "potentially" there.

Just own it that you don't care, breh. Eat that chicken.

But this is a case where there's 100% proof that the money going to the company is going to bad, evil causes. There's no "potentially" there.

Just own it that you don't care, breh. Eat that chicken.

Seriously. People get so defensive that someone may shame them for eating Chick Fil A that they take any criticism of the company as a personal attack.

The hand-waiving of "well, every company probably has bad employees so, lol, nothing matters" will forever be pathetic. When you have concrete information on how your purchasing dollars are affecting people, that's all that matters and that's the information on which you should react. No "whataboutism" is going to absolve you of your contribution to hurtful actions. So, just be honest and say you value an over-priced chicken sandwich over the civil rights and lives of others.

ascii42

Agree, 30 isnt nearly enough.

I could do 20 McDonalds by myself if I wanted to or could split 10 with someone. These are alot smaller.

What math are they using where 30 is split evenly among a family? 40 would at least make sense.

Assuming two adults and two kids, an even split wouldn't really be what they would plan on. CFA sells 8 and 12 pack nuggets, and has 4 and 6 packs for kids.

4+6+8+12=30.

Pickles belong in two places:

The trash can
The ground

None of those are sandwiches!

Sandwiched between the trash can and the ground.

E92 M3

Boycotting Chick Fil A is very easy. Why do you care that people do?

But you can sandwich something to the ground or a trash can

Exactly, it's easy and pointless and insulting people that eat there is just dumb.

Choosing not to eat at a particular fast-food establishment because corporate donates to anti-LGBT causes seems like a perfectly smart battle.

No, it really changes nothing. Be active and actually do something - not just boycott a restaurant that is swarmed with customers and making crazy money. Your choice literally means nothing to the LGBT community in terms of improving it. In fact, many from the LGBT eat there themselves.

Exactly, it's easy and pointless and insulting people that eat there is just dumb.

No, it really changes nothing. Be active and actually do something - not just boycott a restaurant that is swarmed with customers and making crazy money. Your choice literally means nothing to the LGBT community in terms of improving it. In fact, many from the LGBT eat there themselves.

Multiple people from this thread who oppose Chick Fil A are from the LGBT community. Please do not speak for us, thanks <3

Also, not supporting a company whose owner contributes to hurt the LGBT community is only pointless if you don't care. And almost no one insulted you. It is your problem and your problem alone if you feel that people criticizing something you like reflects on you as a person.

E92 M3

Multiple people from this thread who oppose Chick Fil A are from the LGBT community. Please do not speak for us, thanks <3

Also, not supporting a company whose owner contributes to hurt the LGBT community is only pointless if you don't care. And almost no one insulted you. It is your problem and your problem alone if you feel that people criticizing something you like reflects on you as a person.

I don't speak for anyone except myself.

Oh:

"Nobody's saying they don't treat their employees and customers well.

Anyone buying CFA food is knowingly, indirectly contributing to those organizations, and it's disgusting."

Reads like an insult to me.

andthebeatgoeson

Yeah their nuggets are good, but really small. It's basically popcorn chicken. 30 wouldn't be enough for a family of 4.
That's 7+ per person. With small kids, that'll really satisfy. But they don't mention drinks. If no drinks, I'm not sure why you would pay more for sides, when you can get 4 full meals for 5 bucks less.

5taquitos

Lol what nonsense is this? "Lots of people like it so there's no point in boycotting it." That's actually the entire point of boycotting something, especially something popular.

Also, you don't know what I do.

I don't speak for anyone except myself.

Oh:

"Nobody's saying they don't treat their employees and customers well.

Anyone buying CFA food is knowingly, indirectly contributing to those organizations, and it's disgusting."

Reads like an insult to me.

Hence "almost no one." For someone who was complaining about semantics, you're not very good at reading things super clearly. And let me remind you, your first post that I saw was insulting a person who had not spoken to you beforehand. So maybe only ask of others to act in a way that you can act yourself.

As far as not speaking for others:

"Your choice literally means nothing to the LGBT community in terms of improving it. In fact, many from the LGBT eat there themselves."

I don't think that someone not in the LGBT community is the one who should be determining whether boycotting something will improve it. In a situation where the worst case scenario is nothing happening, again, why do you care? And what makes you think that boycotting Chick Fil A is the only thing people do?

E92 M3

Lol what nonsense is this? "Lots of people like it so there's no point in boycotting it." That's actually the entire point of boycotting something, especially something popular.

Also, you don't know what I do.

I hope you do more than boycott because CFA is growing every year and is massively popular.

Can you believe I had to wait 35 minutes to get a chicken sandwich last week? It was worth it, though.

Hence "almost no one." For someone who was complaining about semantics, you're not very good at reading things super clearly. And let me remind you, your first post that I saw was insulting a person who had not spoken to you beforehand. So maybe only ask of others to act in a way that you can act yourself.

As far as not speaking for others:

"Your choice literally means nothing to the LGBT community in terms of improving it. In fact, many from the LGBT eat there themselves."

I don't think that someone not in the LGBT community is the one who should be determining whether boycotting something will improve it. In a situation where the worst case scenario is nothing happening, again, why do you care? And what makes you think that boycotting Chick Fil A is the only thing people do?

You ask that I don't make assumptions and I ask them same. I hope people do more than boycotting.

I hope you do more than boycott because CFA is growing every year and is massively popular.

Can you believe I had to wait 35 minutes to get a chicken sandwich last week? It was worth it, though.

What does it matter if people boycott a company and do nothing else in protest? It'd be nice if they did more, but it doesn't set back the movement for people to boycott the company.

Jafku

What does it matter if people boycott a company and do nothing else in protest? It'd be nice if they did more, but it doesn't set back the movement for people to boycott the company.

I go to CFA twice a week, every week. Once for myself, and once more to make up for the business they're not getting from you because of your hypocritical 'boycott' and I encourage all of my friends to do the same. Seems like it's working <3 ;)

I go to CFA twice a week, every week. Once for myself, and once more to make up for the business they're not getting from you because of your hypocritical 'boycott' and I encourage all of my friends to do the same. Seems like it's working <3 ;)

I mean it's not healthy at all so that might not be a good idea

E92 M3

Boycotting a massively growing company is an empty gesture that is only used to fulfill self-serving desires to feel like you are helping people. In actuality, it does nothing, I encourage all people that want to help fellow humans to do more than boycott and berate others online by calling them disgusting.

ok

1. It's a boycott, putting it in scare quotes like that doesn't make sense lol

2. I'm not sure what's hypocritical about it

Boycotting a massively growing company is an empty gesture that is only used to fulfill self-serving desires to feel like you are helping people. In actuality, it does nothing, I encourage all people that want to help fellow humans to do more than boycott and berate others online by calling them disgusting.

The very first post that I identified that was insulting to any member in this thread was written by you though.

how many of you guys have cheese sauce at your local chic fil a. demand they get it if yours doesn't, because it steps up the fries somethin fierce

Top Bottom