• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese media: 'Black Myth: Wukong' devs refused to be extorted $7 million by SweetBaby Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommib

Gold Member
You have to be kidding me.
Yeah, I’m not riding the anti-woke wave like a lot around here but the reaction to SB was not just fine. There was a meltdown asking for the title to be banned at the other place.

Most media was clutching their pearls at the “sexualisation”.

The black myth story seems like total bullshit to me though.

Last edited:

Astray

surprised to see people actually falling for what looks to be cooked up by a random blogger, but confirmation bias is a thing indeed.

The last paragraph is even more amusing. We know why some ‘journalists’ were mad at Hogwarts Legacy. It’s got nothing to do with ‘political correctedness’ in the game itself
Some people just like being grifted. The story feels like total bullshit to me.

Last edited:

Stafford

For context:

This is not something new. They've been doing this for years, similarly to what that hag Anita Sarkeesian was trying to pull off with CDPR 5 years ago, due to the supposed sexism in The Witcher series:

aGdYWbn_700b.jpg

I can't stand folks like that.

Lambogenie

Sounds fake but I can believe SBI really pestering devs and publishers. The head literally had threats in her presentation remember. She's psycho.

Majukun

hogwarts was not about political correctness, just ties to the author through the licensed franchise

also seeing the subject matter, I fail to see what could be "amended" by the consultant firm anyway.

Ozriel

M$FT
Sounds fake but I can believe SBI really pestering devs and publishers.

You mean like what the rest of the world calls ‘marketing’?

I’m skeptical of the value they provide, but there’s nothing nefarious about contacting potential customers and offering services.

Edit: just saw some of the founder’s tweets. Yeah, that’s malicious and distasteful marketing

Last edited:

Shifty1897

You have to have really done something to get to the point where me and Chinese state media both agree that you suck.

Laptop1991

Mod edit: can we get a confirmed source please

Bullies ruining games, should be in prison or at least charged with something, they should be ignored by everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom