• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Dring at GDC: Xbox sales flatlining in Europe, majority of Xbox games coming to PS5 at some point, MS putting less focus on GamePass

Why are you here evangelizing mate? Someone who can afford proper high end PC gaming can more than afford any PS5, so why wouldn't they have both? Someone who can only afford a PS5 is obviously not going to pay for a good gaming rig, so you're not going to convince them with these comments.
PC gamers act like Jehovah's Witnesses on this forum all the time. I've never seen anything like it. I can't help noticing it but I try to not to bring it up. But sometimes I just can't help myself. They really don't like other people not having any interest in PC gaming.

T-0800

I thought somy was leading by 30 million sales? If so i dont really understand these threads, if sony was ahead in sales by 70/30 i could understand but this gen both have done poorly sales wise
Tom Cruise What GIF

1. Fire Phil
2. Single SKU going foreard
3. All 1st party games available on GP but not at launch
4. No more games on PS5, Switch and PC unless it’s an indie game - you want to play ESVI, you buy an Xbox

Satya, call me anytime.
I rather bet on Duke Nukem then bet on Xbox.

nial

Gold Member
Also, you know Nintendo is not playing the same game as Sony, neither is PC.
And no one has gone crazy for that?
I do think Nintendo is shit these days in several aspects, but not at the same level you're pretending an ""unchecked Sony"" would be.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Does Nintendo have an incentive to build upcoming machines so that they technically can play all games the PS6/7/8 can play, or are we looking at a potential monopoly in this niche (home console with quasi PC like capabilities) here? If PS remains the only console of its kind, Sony fans have no reason to be happy about that. PS6 games launching at 120 USD base price.

By that logic Nintendo has a monopoly on the hybrid consoles and could charge 120usd per game for the Switch 2.

Yet, we all know that isn't going to happen. Neither is Sony going to charge silly money per game if Microsoft drops out.

Killjoy-NL

Considering playstation sales have staggered to the point where they are manufacturing less this year, same with ms, xmas holidays were shit for all 3
PS5 is only 0.8M behind PS4 as per january 2024, despite a pandemic and supply constraints for the first two years.

"PS5 Vs. PS4 Worldwide:

Gap change in latest month: 224,274 - PS5

Gap change over last 12 months: 3,755,322 - PS5

Total Lead: 800,449 - PS4

PlayStation 5 Total Sales: 54,173,963

PlayStation 4 Total Sales: 54,974,412"

Shut0wen

Both have done poorly…?

Someone needs a dose of facts. PS5 is selling about on par with ps4, and at a much higher price.

PS5 is at 53M vs 27M for XS consoles…. A 67% to 33% split…uh, which isn’t far from your 70/30 ratio
Yet stales staggered for all 3 during the holidays, sales staggering isnt good when youve hit 53m with 0 intentions of cutting prices, infact in this current climate i really doubt ms or sony will ever cut until the next consoles are out

Jimmy_liv

So you would gladly buy again from a company that leaked your credit card info on internet and entirely stopped supporting a product you just bought ?
Any company van have a data leak.
I'm sure Netflix had one recently.

I do own a PS5 too. I own all the consoles because I don't support any piece of plastic, I just want to.play good games on my spare time.

Cyberpunkd

Gamepass ultimate saves me lots of money, so many games so little time
Did you do the $1 trick? If so this is not really a measure of value.
I think buying games and limiting them backlog is good for impulse control.
Or just go PC, games are super cheap via sites offering Steam keys.

cireza

Any company van have a data leak.
I'm sure Netflix had one recently.

I do own a PS5 too. I own all the consoles because I don't support any piece of plastic, I just want to.play good games on my spare time.
I don't use Netflix.

So data leaks of personal info are fine and you don't care about it. You can blindly buy products and support companies that don't give a shit about you, for sure. But don't expect everyone to be like you.

IS security is a serious matter and companies have to invest properly in it.

promise after promise and after another promise

FnhTdPPXEAALr5E

EnmWQf_XECwU3IA

You Promised Me Lunch GIF by Applause Entertainment
Spencer/Xbox really are the perfect example of the saying “tomorrow never comes”

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Makes sense. They completely fumbled this generation with a lack of software and this is the result.

Looks like it's one last ditch attempt then they will bow out of hardware.

The only thing that annoys me is that I invested money into their eco system in the 360 days and even the xbox one. I enjoyed things like cross buy, play anywhere, cross saves etc. that's my own fault though. They need to ensure that they get all of those previously purchased games onto a pc compatible environment ASAP and then all is good for me.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Considering playstation sales have staggered to the point where they are manufacturing less this year, same with ms, xmas holidays were shit for all 3
Meanwhile, they broke a record during holiday 2023:

PS5 is also carrying the console-market hard.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Buying the XSX equals my decision to buy the Wii back in the days. Complete waste of money. Boggles my mind that they bought all those studios and then did NOTHING. Not only that, it’s almost as if they did less with each new studio.

What the hell is going on with that company? At this point I’m not sure if they don’t care or are just incompetent.

Last edited:

NEbeast

Yet there are people who somehow think releasing a new console generation early is going "turn the tide."
Frustrated Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

If 3rd party publishers are calling out shit sales, which are a direct response to you grooming your playerbase into not buying games (because of gamepass) , you know you fucked up.

GHG

I don't use Netflix.

So data leaks of personal info are fine and you don't care about it. You can blindly buy products and support companies that don't give a shit about you, for sure. But don't expect everyone to be like you.

IS security is a serious matter and companies have to invest properly in it.

So you think security breaches have never happened to Microsoft or the plethora of other major companies you're likely to be a customer of?

Please keep going, it's entertaining.

cireza

So you think security breaches have never happened to Microsoft or the plethora of other major companies you're likely to be a customer of?

Please keep going, it's entertaining.
It is not about "thinking". It is about facts. I never had my CC leaked on the internet by MS.

It surely was enterning picking a free PS3 game when your CC could actually be used by someone somewhere to pay for whatever he wanted online, since back then you did not have two steps verification etc...

Last edited:
It is not about "thinking". It is about facts. I never had my CC leaked on the internet by MS.

It surely was enterning picking a free PS3 game when your CC could actually be used by someone somewhere to pay for whatever he wanted online, since back then you did not have two steps verification etc...

Holy fuck you dumbass lmao. All you need to do is search x company hack for literally any company and you'll get a plethora of results, including Microsoft

Last edited:

cireza

Holy fuck you dumbass lmao. All you need to do is search x company hack for literally any company and you'll get a plethora of results, including Microsoft
Damn here we are with the insults already.

I am talking about my personal experience, not about every single data breach that happened in history. I don't give a shit about breaches that didn't affect me if I wasnt a consumer, if it wasn't obvious enough. And nothing like this happened with MS or Nintendo.

Last edited:

Radical_3d

Buying the XSX equals my decision to buy the Wii back in the days. Complete waste of money. Boggles my mind that they bought all those studios and then did NOTHING. Not only that, it’s almost as if they did less with each new studio.

What the hell is going on with that company? At this point I’m not sure if they don’t care or are just incompetent.
XSX is never a waste of money because you can play your old 360 games and Black at 4K. Nothing tops that last one.

GHG

You speak like it was an intentional act. This is what happens when security breaches happen, and they have happened to pretty much every major company on earth at this point.

It might not have happened to you, but it has happened to other customers of Microsoft:

They have also had recent breaches that have far more severe implications than your poxy credit card information.

With enough time, you will run out of companies to be a customer of. Although I have a feeling this little stance of yours is superficial given your comments surrounding RROD.

The reality is that your info could leak as a result of a Microsoft security breach and nothing would change for you.

suck my dick wwe GIF

So please spare everyone the righteous bullshit.

Cyberpunkd

Damn here we are with the insults already.

I am talking about my personal experience, not about every single data breach that happened in history. I don't give a shit about breaches that didn't affect me if I wasnt a consumer, if it wasn't obvious enough. And nothing like this happened with MS or Nintendo.
Anecdotal experience doesn't make it a rule, as many users have pointed out. Nowadays every service you use is at risk of leaking your data and information, which is why the onus should be on payment processing companies to put safeguards in place. PIN code for cards, SMS verification, App authorization when making purchase can effectively nullify the danger or your card being stolen.

"But MS never leaked my data" is not a good enough argument to be sticking with them unless your bar is really low.

cireza

Sorry. I can't help but insult stupid fucking takes like this lmao
No problem, keep up with it you retard.

It might not have happened to you, but it has happened to other customers of Microsoft:
The bad faith is absolute. The Sony leak was the ENTIRETY of their 77 millions WW accounts. Definitely the same thing as your link about MS lol.

Whose sucking whose dick already ?

So if Nintendo and Microsoft leaked your CC info 10 years ago you would've stopped gaming with them?

I think you've made it clear you're a Sega diehard that really dislikes Sony the industry disrupter, see MS/Xbox as some spiritual Sega successor that warm the cockles of your heart despite them being a much bigger corp trying to take the reins by any means.

You could've just helped yourself all these years by having a dedicated CC and not cut your nose off to spite your face and let go of your grievances.

No problem, keep up with it you retard.

The bad faith is absolute. The Sony leak was the ENTIRETY of their 77 millions WW accounts. Definitely the same thing as your link about MS lol.

Whose sucking whose dick already ?

26 Billion (with a B) records

"records from users of platforms and services such as Twitter, Dropbox, LinkedIn, Adobe, Canva and Telegram is also to be found in this database. Worryingly, the researchers also say that records from an assortment of U.S. and other government organizations can be found."

Linkedin is owned by Microsoft last I checked and this was just 2 months ago.

So basically, as everyone is trying to point out, this unfortunately happens to every company under the sun, no need to hold a grudge against one in particular, but it's up to you to make up your mind :messenger_winking:

GHG

If you want to cry about 77 million then how does 500 million courtesy of your beloved company sound?:

And that's a breach that still impacts users of the platform to this day.

You stated you drew the line at credit card data and that nothing like that has ever happened at Microsoft, well surprise, it has. Just as it has with pretty much every major corporation these days.

Now you want to call foul because your incorrect cloud cuckoo statements and stances are being corrected and questioned?

It doesn't work like that my man.

Last edited:

peish

Or just buy the games I really want and safe myself a headache.

It’s a good headache to have

Did you do the $1 trick? If so this is not really a measure of value.
I think buying games and limiting them backlog is good for impulse control.
Or just go PC, games are super cheap via sites offering Steam keys.

Of course we all do that and love gamepass with it’s savings, i dont think in history of gaming i got to enjoy dirt cheap gaming

cireza

So if Nintendo and Microsoft leaked your CC info 10 years ago you would've stopped gaming with them?
If they leaked it right now ? For sure something would happen.

Do you guys even understand than when you put money in something, you are actually encouraging the activity as a whole ?
If a company has shit practices and you give them money, you are validating these practices, including the low investment in security they make, and accept them leaking your details.

Linkedin is owned by Microsoft last I checked and this was just 2 months ago.
I don't use Linkedin. No CC data was leaked by the way.

Last edited:
Why would I care when I already made the choice a long time ago to not be a customer of said service ?
So why do you care about anything at all? Why are we in a forum arguing? Why not have a rechargeable credit card that is topped off only when you need to make a purchase? Why do dolphins try to rape humans swimming with them? Why does the universe exist?

So many questions we could ask...

Varteras

Gold Member
So why do you care about anything at all? Why are we in a forum arguing? Why not have a rechargeable credit card that is topped off only when you need to make a purchase? Why do dolphins try to rape humans swimming with them? Why does the universe exist?

So many questions we could ask...
Personally there are two questions that haunt me. Why does a water heater have its own closet? And, if Teflon is a non-stick finish, how does it stick to the pan?

Top Bottom