• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Rock to host next Oscars

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
Chappelle is still legit shook.

QN0J2JR.gif

I don't see what's wrong here. He looks at Chappelle, sees that he's looking away, then goes for the other handshake instead since he's looking at him. Chappelle turns away afterwards, so there's no hand to shake. It only looks bad because he has sunglasses on and you can't read explicit eye movements.

Ricky Gervais? I heard he has hosted other shows (emmys / golden globes) but that he is banned? Surely Rock is more dirty than Gervais!?

YEEEEEEESSS

I've been watching so many of his talk show appearances and sets on YouTube recently. Dude is hilarious. Id say the best living black comedian tbh

I hope he keeps it real. His monologue on SNL did not shy from controversy

Last time he hosted oscars it was pretty damn funny.

I'll actually tune in to the opening for the first time in years

He is the best only because Patrice isn't here anymore:(

overcast

This is a fucking great choice. Rock is one of the funniest guys around and is just naturally hilarious. Has the right amount of charisma too.

Sanjuro

I don't see what's wrong here. He looks at Chappelle, sees that he's looking away, then goes for the other handshake instead since he's looking at him. Chappelle turns away afterwards, so there's no hand to shake. It only looks bad because he has sunglasses on and you can't read explicit eye movements.

I don't think there was any slight either, was just a notable moment at the carpet arrival.

Frog-fu

Banned
Cool. Chris Rock is awesome.

Would've still preferred Eddie Murphy or Dave Chappelle though.

Maybe everyone realized he isn't funny

The thing about Kevin Hart is that he is hilarious - when he puts in the effort to write his best stuff.

He just realised he doesn't have to. He can dial it back and reach more people by doing so.

Dabanton

Good choice. Don't let age fool you Chris Rock is still viciously cutting.

I do like it when they get someone who's a little less fawning of the process Seth Macfarlane was uncomfortably good. The way an awards show should be. Have someone regular pierce the self righteous atmosphere in the room.

I found his first hosting gig to be awkward and uncomfortable for long stretches of the show. I hope he finds his rhythm here and connects with the crowd on some level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom