• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrome Hounds and DoA4 (X360) scan

raYne

jimbo said:
The bad part is there's nothing really new there in the first place. Just pictures of E3 stuff.
Indeed, I was just about to say that the DOA pics looked old.

Bebpo

Banned
That's pretty freaking bad when the bottom right DoA4 pic could easily be mistaken for a NG Black shot. ^^;

Blimblim

The Inside Track
YellowAce said:
the chrome hound article says there will be online co-op play. yummy.
MS is pushing hard all developers, even third party, to have lots of games featuring a coop mode. Expect any MGS title where live coop would make sense to have this mode.
I for one agree with this, I'm not a competitive player so coop is what I enjoy the most usually.

llTll

Banned
man this look like inhanced DOA3.

honestly i dont see any effort from tecmo about xbox 360

maybe they are not happy with the system

" look at ps3" mmmm

Zeo

Banned
VictimOfGrief said:
Lookin good.

Chome Hounds doesn't look too bad.

I doubt you mean that about DOA though.

I'm really hoping it's true that it'll look a lot better at launch. :\

llTll said:

" look at ps3" mmmm

You think Itagaki going to put out a less then the best on the 360? :lol
Even DOA:BV was a stellar title graphicly, if not in game play. Itagaki's too arrogant to produce anything but the best for the DOA series. You may want to look at this, it'll help answer some of the ignorant statements in your post.

Amir0x

Banned
Zeo said:
Chome Hounds doesn't look too bad.

I doubt you mean that about DOA though.

I'm really hoping it's true that it'll look a lot better at launch. :\

Man, watch the super hi-def version of the DOA4 E3 video. If after that you don't think it looks good, then what can I say. I was skeptical as those first pics were shown, but the hi-def video totally changed my mind. It still needs work (occasional clipping, inexcusable hair), but it definitely looked like a good first-gen next-gen title.

Please note I think DOA is a fucking horrible excuse for a fighting series, but visually? I think it looks damn good all things considered.

Blimblim said:
MS is pushing hard all developers, even third party, to have lots of games featuring a coop mode. Expect any MGS title where live coop would make sense to have this mode.
I for one agree with this, I'm not a competitive player so coop is what I enjoy the most usually.

Are you serious? I didn't know that! Thats FANTASTIC news!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Oracle Dragon said:
Are you serious? I didn't know that! Thats FANTASTIC news!
I'm very serious, and very happy to see this is already starting to show on the 1st wave of games.

Mrbob

Blim will Call of Duty 2 have online co-op?

MS big push for online co-op is what has me most interested in X360!

Zaptruder

Banned
Pseudo judo said:
You think Itagaki going to put out a less then the best on the 360? :lol

I really fucking hate people that use :lol to punctuate a weak ineffectual point, using it as some sort of crux to suggest that, omg my argument is so obvious, I don't have to do anything more than include a :lol in order for you to see the error of your ways.

And at least going by his DOA4 trailer, he's already putting out far less than 'the best' for the X360... look to GoW for best of show for the X360 thus far.

Why the fuck do people give so much respect to Itagaki.

A) He's as ass-hat. He thinks he's the only decent developer in Japan.

B) He thinks Team Ninja is a game developing, unique idea crunching machine. Now that deserves a :lol

C) He didn't even direct the ONLY worthy title (in 6 years this gen) to come from Team Ninja, Ninja Gaiden. The main/lead game designer was some XXX_XXX-san dude we don't know about. While ugly ass crater face continues to talk shit and make an ass out of himself.

My god burn and die in a fire won't you!?!?

MrSingh

u_neek said:
Somebody please translate the [eM] -eNCHANT aRM- scans...

A few points from the article:

- Theme of the RPH is friendship and companionship
- Next Gen King's Road Fantasy RPG
- From Software is positioning it as a Japanese launch title
- Focus on playability, interface and shoft load times (so that game tempo will be preserved)
- Network support (no details)
- Part of the blurb says that the developers plan to make it a graphical showcase for 360 so that the player will go "OMGWTFBBQ" when they set their eyes on the game

Tain

I really fucking hate people that use :lol to punctuate a weak ineffectual point, using it as some sort of crux to suggest that, omg my argument is so obvious, I don't have to do anything more than include a :lol in order for you to see the error of your ways.

I had this thought a few days ago. Get out of my head.

Can someone please explain to me why Kasumi (I'm assuming its her) is constantly naked in some medical tube in every DOA intro?

ChrisReid

Blimblim said:

Yeah, beyond that, more than 2 player coop would be great. The original ghost recon's six player coop campaign was incredible.

Chiggs

llTll said:

" look at ps3" mmmm

PS34LYFE.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
Chiggs said:

I love how the Xbox360 crew takes any criticism of a X360 game as "oh no PS3 fanatic; must ignore". There are plenty of people here who are excited about the X360 but still feel DoA4 looks graphically weak compared to the other games on the system.

In a fighter you're only rendering two characters, so it should damn well look better than an action game with a bunch of people on screen. Fighting games should be the showcase games visually for each system, and DoA4 is completely failing at that.

PG2G

Bebpo said:
I love how the Xbox360 crew takes any criticism of a X360 game as "oh no PS3 fanatic; must ignore". There are plenty of people here who are excited about the X360 but still feel DoA4 looks graphically weak compared to the other games on the system.

In a fighter you're only rendering two characters, so it should damn well look better than an action game with a bunch of people on screen. Fighting games should be the showcase games visually for each system, and DoA4 is completely failing at that.

Or people could reaize that the game is what... 15% complete?

PG2G said:

People can only judge what they can see. So until they've seen a version that' looks much better they can only judge what's being shown now. If its too early and isn't a good representation of what the final product will look like then it'd make sense to not show it at all.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
PG2G said:

I didn't read the article, but wouldn't you expect a game set to launch this fall to be further along?

Striek

dark10x said:
I didn't read the article, but wouldn't you expect a game set to launch this fall to be further along?
Its a quote from Itagaki at E3. Which considering its meant to be out in 4months or so, I think is probably a comment due to the relatively poor reception it got.
I don't envy anyone working on an X360 launch game, most all look crap atm, so they've got a hard 4months ahead of them.

PG2G

SolidSnakex said:
People can only judge what they can see. So until they've seen a version that' looks much better they can only judge what's being shown now. If its too early and isn't a good representation of what the final product will look like then it'd make sense to not show it at all.

All it takes is a bit of common sense to realize that what is in these pics is not necessarily indicative of what the final product we'll be. I figure that we've heard the alpha kit reason enough, is there still a need to harp over this?

Redbeard

Banned
Who cares about DOA, Chrome Hounds looks hot.

What are the odds of CH and Enchant Arm coming to the states in a timely manner?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Redbeard said:
Who cares about DOA, Chrome Hounds looks hot.

What are the odds of CH and Enchant Arm coming to the states in a timely manner?
Define timely. If it's less than 6 months after the release in Japan, then the chances are very slim, to say the least.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
PG2G said:
All it takes is a bit of common sense to realize that what is in these pics is not necessarily indicative of what the final product we'll be. I figure that we've heard the alpha kit reason enough, is there still a need to harp over this?

Common sense?! What exactly do you think is going to change? I've heard this so many times and it has NEVER held true. Will things change by release? Who knows. However, I just don't see what they could do to it. Re-do all of their assets?

Redbeard

Banned
Blimblim said:
Define timely. If it's less than 6 months after the release in Japan, then the chances are very slim, to say the least.

I was hoping for only a few months but as long as they don't waste away in Japan for a year with noone wanting to publish them I'll be happy.

PhatSaqs

Banned
dark10x said:
Common sense?! What exactly do you think is going to change? I've heard this so many times and it has NEVER held true. Will things change by release? Who knows. However, I just don't see what they could do to it. Re-do all of their assets?
I agree with this. The common sense comment should be applied to the fact that devs obviously will not have time to produce OMGWOWZERNERD!! like graphics for the launch titles. I doubt there are ANY launch games that are being built from the ground up for the system.

The games will probably look better in November than they do now but I wouldnt expect a huge difference.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
PhatSaqs said:
I agree with this. The common sense comment should be applied to the fact that devs obviously will not have time to produce OMGWOWZERNERD!! like graphics for the launch titles. I doubt there are ANY launch games that are being built from the ground up for the system.

The games will probably look better in November than they do now but I wouldnt expect a huge difference.
Don't forget PGR3. I got to see some new (but still from around E3) shots today, plus some other stuff like a global wireframe of one city and it was quite awesome.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
llTll said:

" look at ps3" mmmm
I would be completely satisfied with next gen if the average game had only slightly more visual polish than a current-gen Team Ninja game.

They sorta set the bar too high for themselves, IMO. They went so far above the call this gen that it's almost impossible for them to put out anything that looks as overwhelmingly improved over their current gen games as people are expecting.

raYne

FortNinety said:
Can someone please explain to me why Kasumi (I'm assuming its her) is constantly naked in some medical tube in every DOA intro?
Kasumi clones made by DOATEC blah blah blah. Play the game(s). :p

Top Bottom