• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrome Hounds and DoA4 (X360) scan

PG2G

So people have accepted that PDZ may turn out looking a lot better than it did at E3, but they don't accept the same for DOA4 (a game from the team who's xbox launch title is still one of the top 10 best looking games on the console?).

I'm not saying its definitely going to come out looking better, I'm saying you're beating a dead hore. There is nothing we can do at this point except wait and see how things turn out.

sangreal

PG2G said:
So people have accepted that PDZ may turn out looking a lot better than it did at E3, but they don't accept the same for DOA4 (a game from the team who's xbox launch title is still one of the top 10 best looking games on the console?).

I'm not saying its definitely going to come out looking better, I'm saying you're beating a dead hore. There is nothing we can do at this point except wait and see how things turn out.

Well my thing with DOA4 is Itagaki is acting like it already looks amazing and hasn't really indicated that it'll improve that much. Don't get me wrong, I thought the trailer looks pretty nice, but its not much better than xbox, just HD.

He goes on about how he destroyed 5 alpha kits making a game that looks.. just like the xbox version.

Mrbob

sangreal said:
Well my thing with DOA4 is Itagaki is acting like it already looks amazing and hasn't really indicated that it'll improve that much. Don't get me wrong, I thought the trailer looks pretty nice, but its not much better than xbox, just HD.

He goes on about how he destroyed 5 alpha kits making a game that looks.. just like the xbox version.

You must have watched a 240 X 160 version of the trailer, then. Watch a real hi definition trailer or catch Cinematech one of these days if they show the DoA4 trailer again. It's far more than a high resolution DoA:U. DoA4 looks amazing. The enviroments dwarf the other games in detail and scope. Stop looking at the fucking player models and calling it a day. They will get better before release. The barbie doll style is staying but the physics system hasn't been implemented yet. You'll be seeing flowing clothes and flowing hair in the final release. It'll make a big difference. The backgrounds are fantastic with all the shit going on in the background. I'm hoping DoA4 takes it to another level in interactivity between the characters and the enviroments.

sangreal

I watched the 450mb 720p trailer from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...02-b529-469e-ae6a-7417fcde9e12&displaylang=en

As far as I know, thats the best trailer there is. I'm not saying it doesn't look good, I just don't think it looks amazing. And yes, a lot of my issues have to do with the characters, specifically the hair.

I will take back some of what I said, however, as I went back and read an interview where he did say there was much work to be done. Granted he still went on about how great the trailer was throughout the interview.

Having seen the E3 trailer for DOA4, what aspects of the trailer are you still critical about?

Itagaki-san: Everything! There are many things I see that can be improved. Again, the trailer is still made off of the alpha version of the development tools so there are many features that are not yet available, such as more accurate fabric material simulation, which wasn’t all there yet.

Top Bottom