• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

Sorry I asked about this in another thread. Any feedback from streamers or you tubers on this running on a Mac?

Pau

I guess it's for the best that this didn't become available at midnight. Otherwise I would have stayed up the whole night.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I guess it's for the best that this didn't become available at midnight. Otherwise I would have stayed up the whole night.
Me too. I wanted to. I don't have to work until 4PM. But at least I'm off on Wednesday so at exactly 10:15 tomorrow night I will be playing this straight through the next day.

cheezcake

Watched a twitch stream of this game yesterday, looked pretty cool. But what exactly is setting this apart from other city building game? Seems to have a lot of hype.

Sai-kun

Banned

me toooooo.

good to see some recognizable faces around this topic

so excited to get back from school tomorrow and play!

Jintor

Watched a twitch stream of this game yesterday, looked pretty cool. But what exactly is setting this apart from other city building game? Seems to have a lot of hype.

The only decent one in the last few years has been Banished which is a bit more survival focused than the traditional city builder (not to mention bare-bones, what with being a one-man operation)

SparkTR

From what I've gathered, it's both ambitious and polished. That's the main draw. Ever since Sim City 4 (post patches/expansion) there hasn't been another good traditional city builder, they've either been simplified and cut down to the point of boredom (SC13) or have been unpolished janky small budget games (CitiesXL, Cities in Motion). After 12 years people want something new.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
From what I've gathered, it's both ambitious and polished. That's the main draw. Ever since Sim City 4 (post patches/expansion) there hasn't been another good traditional city builder, they've either been simplified and cut down to the point of boredom (SC13) or have been unpolished janky small budget games (CitiesXL, Cities in Motion). After 12 years people want something new.

I wouldn't call the CiM games city builders, nor should they be grouped with something like the XL franchise.

SparkTR

I wouldn't call the CiM games city builders, nor should they be grouped with something like the XL franchise.

Right, I never played it so I had the wrong idea, I just heard a bunch of people moaning about bugs and poor design choices when it launched.

Kvik

Nuuvem said:
Chave ainda não gerada, pode estar havendo um atraso da produtora.

Welp, seems like chances to play tonight is a little slim.

(I think it says something along the lines of "Keys are unavailable due to some production issues")

spiritfox

Speaking of Cities in Motion, I just realized that I have it in my Steam library. Should I play it first ti get a feel of traffic?

The first or second one? Only the second game allowed you to build roads in game. It's a pretty complex management sim, so you might not like it if you're playing it for real. But if you're just messing around it's fun to just build stuff and see the buses run around.

Kvik

A visual aid for the uninitiated.

csky_release.png

Lifted from http://www.reddit.com/r/CitiesSkyli..._answer_game_goes_live_1000_pdt_and_1800_cet/

SLV

From what i gather, this game releases simultaneously all around the world, not unlike others where you can VPN it faster ?

pahamrick

Welp, seems like chances to play tonight is a little slim.

(I think it says something along the lines of "Keys are unavailable due to some production issues")

Yeah, something about keys not generated may be a production issue. I think there was a comment by someone earlier saying Nuveem stated no keys for 15+ hours, which would put the key release an hour or two before launch.

The first or second one? Only the second game allowed you to build roads in game. It's a pretty complex management sim, so you might not like it if you're playing it for real. But if you're just messing around it's fun to just build stuff and see the buses run around.

It's the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom