• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

Welp, seems like chances to play tonight is a little slim.

(I think it says something along the lines of "Keys are unavailable due to some production issues")

Yeah be careful with nuuvem when a game is either surprisingly popular or when they change something on the store page during the last days before release, chances are they had to request new keys from the publishers and sometimes it takes forever and you may get your key hours or days later.

Happened to me twice, they'll offer a refund if it takes too much time anyways.

Pandemic

A visual aid for the uninitiated.

csky_release.png

Lifted from http://www.reddit.com/r/CitiesSkyli..._answer_game_goes_live_1000_pdt_and_1800_cet/

Gahhhh, just give me the damn game.. It's March 10 already in Australia.. March 11 it is then.

Lingitiz

That word of mouth. I know it doesn't work on all genres but CSL is a shining example of free publicity. Twitch has played a major role and CO/Paradox have nailed the timing!

What do ya know, put out a good game and let people show it off for you and it basically markets itself. Not that tough when you're not trying to hide anything.

pahamrick

Yeah be careful with nuuvem when a game is either surprisingly popular or when they change something on the store page during the last days before release, chances are they had to request new keys from the publishers and sometimes it takes forever and you may get your key hours or days later.

Happened to me twice, they'll offer a refund if it takes too much time anyways.

They have a note on the main game page that keys will be available starting from 11:00 BRT. Now, assuming that means AM keys should be available starting at 10AM EST / 2pm GMT.

Jimrpg

Is anyone running this on a Macbook Pro Retina.

i7 quad core 2.3 Ghz
8gb Ram
1gb GT 650m

if I can get at least medium performance, i'll bite. I don't want to buy it if it chugs early on in the game! Thanks!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Guys do you think my PC will run it properly?

AMD FX-6300 3.5ghz
AMD R9-280X 3gB
4gB 1333mhz DDR3 Ram

!??!?

(I know, I'm getting extra sticks of ram next month)

It sucks that we have to wait an extra 9 hours for it to unlock :(. Poo! I wanted to build some cities this morning when I have a day off

evilhomer

Got my key from amazon so I'm ready to go for release. The launch time from Amazon made me somewhat hopeful for a midnight release, but it's still nice to have ahead of time.

red731

Echoing the GMG keys -

"God dangit GMG, thank you for Up to 75% off Tomb Raider titles offer, but give me the C:S key so it can ease the longness of the wait."

Chariot

lmao. I send a google translated portugese email to the nuuvem support to ask when they activate the keys. Got this back:
Hi Chariot,

Feel free to speak english.

The key of Cities Skylines will be sent out tomorrow, Mar 10th, as of 15 hrs (CET).

Atenciosamente,
Silvio

Karanlos

This game didn't have my interest at all because of the SimCity debacle, but after seeing someone playing it, the game has certainly caught my attention! I even preordered which I normally don't do.

Looks like ALOT of fun!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So by the time I wake up I should have my key and can set it to download while I'm at work. Then it'll be waiting for me when I get home.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
where do the colours stand for?

This:
For the detail-oriented, these are 100%-algorithmic images generated from MapZen’s Migurski-inspired October 2014 OpenStreetMap Metro Extracts as follows. First, we assign each linear street segment a compass-heading-based tone from a modified sinebow, where a 90 degree directional difference corresponds to a full color revolution, so that roads at right angles to each other have the same hue. Then, to render each point on the map, we use Proximatic, my custom high-performance k-NN engine, to calculate the length-weighted average of the colors assigned to the nearest 500 meters of street, keying render weight to the local degree of parallelism/orthogonality (derived in a similar mod-90° vector space), with rolloffs for outlying roads and territory.

ninja edit: lol @ your username + avatar combo

deleted

I'm also in the joint that's waiting for the nuuvem key - ordered around two weeks ago.

Since I'm at work, it doesn't matter too much, but it would be great to get the key in the next 6 hours...

Jisgsaw

After watching the Mythbusters on roundabouts, and at my disapointment they only did a 4-way roundabout, quick question: you can do roundabouts with more than 4 ways in the game, right?

King_Moc

Banned
Hadn't even heard if this until 30 minutes ago. Just preordered. Looks great, let's hope it washes away the after taste of Simcity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom