• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cliff Bleszinski says he has given up looking for Microsoft to act as a consultant for Gears

Draugoth

Gold Member
Cliff Bleszinski, known for creating the iconic Gears of War franchise, ended up not having much luck in the games industry after leaving Epic Games, deciding to retire. However, the former developer has shown interest several times in the past in returning to the franchise to act as a consultant.

After several attempts to contact Microsoft to help with the project, Cliff says he never received a response. Because of this, he feels it's time to move on and leave Gears as part of his past:

Matsuchezz

Is gears of wars relevant these days?! Gears is so
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Last edited:

RobRSG

it is like selling a car, and then asking the current owner if you can borrow it in the weekends.

Epic sold the franchise to Microsoft in 2014 - That was the time to pursue contributing with Coalition, now it is 10 years too late for that.

I hope developing those horrible prototypes of GAAS for Epic had payed off, because I can’t even recall their names.

pqueue

no one was asking for his consulting services.

I thought he said he was retiring and going away after his latest gamine development failures.

Guess he can't quit us (gaming).

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Cliff Bleszinski, known for creating the iconic Gears of War franchise, ended up not having much luck in the games industry after leaving Epic Games, deciding to retire. However, the former developer has shown interest several times in the past in returning to the franchise to act as a consultant.

After several attempts to contact Microsoft to help with the project, Cliff says he never received a response. Because of this, he feels it's time to move on and leave Gears as part of his past:

The dribblings of a burn out lol.

Man crashed and burned without EPIC.

Post some pedo shit online and of course no one wants to work with you again. Phil ain’t touching you with a 20 foot pole bud.

Get a hold of the creator of that Epstein Island game maybe you can consult him on the sequel.

LMyAMYl.jpg

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
The dribblings of a burn out lol.

Man crashed and burned without EPIC.

Post some pedo shit online and of course no one wants to work with you again. Phil ain’t touching you with a 20 foot pole bud.

Get a hold of the creator of that Epstein Island game maybe you can consult him on the sequel.

LMyAMYl.jpg
Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

fart town usa

Gold Member
Two! His first, Nathan For You, was a sort of helping people show, but he expanded it to The Rehearsal, on HBO, which is some S-Tier Kafka stuff.

A real visionary, honestly.
Nathan For You, that's the one. Man that show is funny. I'll have to check out The Rehearsal.

LordOfChaos

Sux but 5 was pretty good without him 🤷

It was a good game overall but I didn't find the additions were additive and just distracted from it being Gears. Who really wants to hack a tower or skif through an empty "open" world and get lost going mission to mission.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
He's like the Dane Cook of the video game world.

I don't necessarily mean that as a cut down. Handsome, charismatic, was at the top for a bit and is now irrelevant. These things happen.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
He's like a guy who keeps applying for a job to the same company for 10 years.

Cliffy. You worked some Xbox games back in the day. It's over. Focus on something else like Lawbreakers 2.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dude just need some therapy and a grain of humbleness.
I'm going to assume with all the credentials he has ffor hit games back in the day the guy is loaded. He's no spring chicken (he's almost 50), his last game and the company he ran went into the ground, and his game making image is tainted as he hasn't really done anything lately except Lawbreakers which was 2017.

If he wants to keep working that fine. But probably better to change industries. If he was that in demand, he'd have endless great jobs for great franchises. But nada lately.

bender

What time is it?
I'm going to assume with all the credentials he has ffor hit games back in the day the guy is loaded. He's no spring chicken (he's almost 50), his last game and the company he ran went into the ground, and his game making image is tainted as he hasn't really done anything lately except Lawbreakers which was 2017.

If he wants to keep working that fine. But probably better to change industries. If he was that in demand, he'd have endless great jobs for great franchises. But nada lately.

You would hope so but every time he pokes his head into the public it kinda smells like he is looking for another payday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom