• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Joe Lieberman is front-runner for FBI director [Edit: Nope.]

kess

The videogame violence shit is nothing. This fuckwit has done worse including:

-Lobbying with pharma to purposefully vote against and deny Americans the single-payer option for ACA.
-Worked with the Bush admin to provide gov funding to religious organizations that shared the bullshit GOP rhetoric
-Lobbied, marketed, and helped promote for the Iraq war knowingly on false pretenses
-Pushed super hard for US-Iran aggression.
-Harrassed university professors for teaching the truth about Al-Queda's origins in classrooms.

The guy is GOP corrupt scum wearing an independent badge.

He was funded by William and James Buckley, after all.

Xe4

Banned
Despite my problems with him, the reason I am opposed to Liberman taking the jobs is there has never been an FBI director with a background as a politician. All have been civil servants, lawyers, and judges in the past. This is a dangerous precisely to set, and I hope nobody falls for the trap that thinking because he was an indipendant, this is ok.

I'm gunning for McCabe, Bute that's a long shot. I'm petty sure it's not going to happen with a Trump administration.

He singlehandedly torpedoed the single payer option of the ACA. He did all his damage after his VP run.
Lieberman single handedly removed the single payer from Obamacare. That alone should justify all of the hate. Then there is the fact that he is 75 and FBI director is a 10 year appointment. Or the fact that FBI Director is supposed to be an apolitical position so having any former Senator is batshit crazy.

The videogame violence shit is nothing. This fuckwit has done worse including:

-Lobbying with pharma to purposefully vote against and deny Americans the single-payer option for ACA.

The guy is GOP corrupt scum wearing an independent badge.

Just FYI, single payer was never on the table. The public option was what he kept from happening, because he was the 60th vote.

Xe4

Banned
NBC Politics @NBCPolitics

Joe Lieberman withdraws his name from consideration as FBI director
DAr0oosWAAIS-jX

May 25, 2017

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Oof mentioning the investigations is hilarious and is probably going to piss Trump off.

Shoeless

NBC Politics @NBCPolitics

Joe Lieberman withdraws his name from consideration as FBI director
DAr0oosWAAIS-jX

May 25, 2017

He's trying to get some distance between himself and the asteroid crater that is going to be made by the ongoing investigations, isn't he? He knows better than to get on board a ship that is already sinking.

Lord Fagan

He's trying to get some distance between himself and the asteroid crater that is going to be made by the ongoing investigations, isn't he? He knows better than to get on board a ship that is already sinking.

Same reason Gowdy and Cornyn passed as well, I imagine.

Any competent attorney can tell were this is all gonna end up.

Clockwork

I never thought I would ever have anything positive to say about the guy, but at least he had the sense to recognize potential conflicts and withdraw.

It is a lot more than can be said about the current administration.

Zolo

I guess that means he's smart enough not to attach himself to this current trainwreck. Also a good way to call out conflicts of interest for any other potential Trump appointment.

Zolo

Please take this job and as your first order of business proceed to commit obstruction of justice.

What a want ad.

Yeah. "Please take this job. Also, I need to get confirmation you'll commit obstruction of justice. Also, there's currently an investigation going on you could get caught up in."

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Don't let the door hit ya where the Night Trap split ya.

TOTALLY SERIOUS BREAKING NEWS: Trump looking into whether the guy who crash tests cars at NHTSA might be available for FBI director. Will discuss with him when they bump into each other at the water cooler.

ICO_SotC

Trump met with Lieberman to supposedly discuss the FBI job
Trump picks a guy from Lieberman's firm to represent him in the Russia investigation
Lieberman cites Trump picking someone from his firm as the reason to turn down the FBI job

Is that right?

kirblar

Trump met with Lieberman to supposedly discuss the FBI job
Trump picks a guy from Lieberman's firm to represent him in the Russia investigation
Lieberman cites Trump picking someone from his firm as the reason to turn down the FBI job

Is that right?
Lieberman figured out the game and bowed out.

Top Bottom