• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD needs a new setting. I have the answer…

SteadyEvo

Modern day law enforcement. Just think about the tone of MW 2019, the tension of clearing a house, and apply that officers clearing a house.

Opportunity for a fresh and fun campaign and a chance to press the reset button on MP.

Thoughts?

Call of Duty: Modern Law Enforcement

Or make a new franchise all together

I’m thinking MS must have liked what Activision has planned for the future because to me, CODs days are numbered. How many times can the same formula be reskinned and sold as new? Surely there’s some new ips coming. Right???

/rant

Justin9mm

That's so out of touch with the community, I give you points for imagination.

Cops don't violently kill with all types of weaponry, grenades and RPG's etc. That's not what people want. What kind of portrayal is that for police anyway? Gamers want military because they just want to kill people.

PSYGN

Battlefield did that with hardline
It kiiinda sucked.

What cod needs is to give infinite warfare or advance warfare another shot. Modern and ww1-2 conflicts are overdone at this point

I agree, but they want to keep the skill gap no thicker than an ant's antennae.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
With trends in news and gaming, the most likely change will be like....playing as a Hollywood bodyguard for Minaj or Dojacat or whatever is hip now when they go shit up some club or bar.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
What cod needs is to give infinite warfare or advance warfare another shot. Modern and ww1-2 conflicts are overdone at this point
Titanfall and Apex did the futuristic shooter idea far better than COD ever will, they already have that idea.

Let's go OLDER than WW1.. COD: Civil War, you play the Union fighting against the confederate states.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

That's so out of touch with the community, I give you points for imagination.

Cops don't violently kill with all types of weaponry, grenades and RPG's etc. That's not what people want. What kind of portrayal is that for police anyway? Gamers want military because they just want to kill people.

Drug dealers, the cartel, human trafficking. Active shooter…. sensitive topic nowadays I know. But I’m speaking from a gameplay perspective. There’s a lot of enemies devs could create. Maybe do 1/2 cop 1/2 swat team campaign.

For MP scale down the killstreaks and fix the damn spawn points. Bring back dogs 🐕 and that body armor W/ Gatling gun.

Would it create controversy? Absolutely. But I think gamers would eat it up.

It’s time for Captain Price or Soap 🧼 or whatever his name is to retire. He’s the most decorated soldier in armed forces history at this point. Gotta have a million confirmed kills.

Give me a COD grounded in reality

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Best setting in my opinion would be late 80s/early 90s. Has all the classic, recognizable weaponry and tech without all of the over-the-top attachments and such of recent years.

Thankfully, the rumors have been saying that Treyarch's next game (2024) will be set during the Gulf War.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
For one they can try not make the so called professorial soldiers look like psychopaths that you see in Purge movies?

VFcr4rb.png
YQbMCNF.png
C2g01Zz.png

the-purge-movies-in-order.jpg

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Titanfall and Apex did the futuristic shooter idea far better than COD ever will, they already have that idea.

Let's go OLDER than WW1.. COD: Civil War, you play the Union fighting against the confederate states.
bruh have you played COD: Infinite Warfare? I like it better than Titanfall, and I liked Titanfall

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I think we need snap auto aim with magnetic homing bullets for all players.

Kill streaks after two kills. Nikk Minaj, Katy Perry, John Cena, etc…full blown celebrity roster.

Super sprinting, eliminate reloading. Enemies attacking with a knife shrug off everything.

Microtransaction charms that hang from your gun stock and muzzle.

Let’s go all the way.

DeepSpace5D

I actually like the idea, but it sounds like a good fit for a lengthy campaign.

I’m not sure a MP mode focused on police officers would be super popular.

I don’t think it would fit the CoD model well. Might be a good idea for another studio to tackle though.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
For one they can try not make the so called professorial soldiers look like psychopaths that you see in Purge movies?

VFcr4rb.png
YQbMCNF.png
C2g01Zz.png

Thats just Ghost. Been around since 2009, he always wears that cheesy mask :)

The series jumped the shark years ago. There is no going back.

I mean the last game was the best selling game of 2022 according to NPD data so no reason to change direction. 2023 looks to possibly be a dud year for the franchise buts its survived duds before.

Ogbert

Jetpacks made gameplay better they they took it away and brought boring boots on the ground gameplay back, bring jetpacks back, infinite warfare 2 is the answer.
IW was great fun but absolutely ruined by hackers. Was borderline unplayable on PC.

I’m very much a WW2 guy when it comes to CoD. It just (obviously) hampers what they can do with weapons.

We need a CoD extraction shooter where your mission is to infiltrate MS headquarters to get Phil Spencer out of office with a side mission to destroy the shelves in the back of his home office

WitchHunter

Banned
Modern day law enforcement. Just think about the tone of MW 2019, the tension of clearing a house, and apply that officers clearing a house.

Opportunity for a fresh and fun campaign and a chance to press the reset button on MP.

Thoughts?

I’m thinking MS must have liked what Activision has planned for the future because to me, CODs days are numbered. How many times can the same formula be reskinned and sold as new? Surely there’s some new ips coming. Right???

/rant
They are bleeding it dry.

Majormaxxx

We need to go further back in time. Bluecoats vs Indians. Aussies vs aboriginals. British vs Zulu. Columbus vs central American natives. Muslims vs Christians in the crusades. Follow me for more non controversial ideas

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
COD wont be changing much because the modern warfare era is the most popular. Also, it's the one that relates the most to all the mtx and crazy character skins. The setting is a moshpit of everything. Making a futuristic or WW game again and having Lara Croft running around with a laser or musket doesn't fit as well.

Three

Thoughts?

/rant

We already got that game OP
s-l1200.webp

Call of Duty: Eternal Warfare

40k setting where the intro puts you in the shoes of a Cadian Lieutenant on the cusp of victory before Failbaddon decided to take his ball and go home. You have to reach the evac shuttle as the planet is breaking up under your feet. You see the light of lasguns firing as you evacuate, because the planet broke before the fucking Guard.

Now you do whatever the hell you want as a campaign that takes place before Guilliman is resurrected. Have the final mission be a suicide mission to protect the astropath hub that sings of Lord Primarch Guilliman's return.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Call of Duty: Eternal Warfare

40k setting where the intro puts you in the shoes of a Cadian Lieutenant on the cusp of victory before Failbaddon decided to take his ball and go home. You have to reach the evac shuttle as the planet is breaking up under your feet. You see the light of lasguns firing as you evacuate, because the planet broke before the fucking Guard.

Now you do whatever the hell you want as a campaign that takes place before Guilliman is resurrected. Have the final mission be a suicide mission to protect the astropath hub that sings of Lord Primarch Guilliman's return.

z1g2cKv.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom