• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Warzone - Pacific |OT?| It's Free to Play, and it's Spectacular!

carlosrox

Banned
Started playing it last night (PC). My very first round had really weird performance issues and it scared the hell out of me. Was getting major drops down to 30, constantly. It didn't really make any sense since Verdansk ran mostly perfect for me, minus small frame drops around Salt Mines. Generally I play at 4k 60.

Restarted my PC and it started to run about the same as Verdansk. A mostly butter 60fps at 4k. Oh but I forgot, I was having a weird audio glitch the whole night where sound would cut out for a second here and there, constantly. Guess they're just working out bugs.

I must say, the map appears to be fucking gigantic, and somehow a lot bigger than Verdansk?! At first glance when you're flying above it gives the illusion that it might be smaller, but once you get to any one area you see how dense and huge it is you realize there's no way Verdansk was this big!

The map is beautiful. It's so dense, there's so much variety, there's tons of vertically, and from what I can tell there doesn't even seem to be a lot of repeated stuff on the map! Everywhere I go I see new and unique details, it's really something.

Everywhere I go I'm just like wow, this area is so cool, it looks so great.

Knocked it out of the park. I'll share some gameplay later, the game is crazy.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
- Caldera is a good map.
- Ground Loot is garbage
- Dead Silence still not nerfed
- Ambient sounds of the map are too loud
- Loadout situation could go both ways how people feel about it, I like the previous way but I'm willing to give this a shot
- Weapon/Character/Map bugs that need to be patched

My biggest issue with Caldera is that I'm on PS5 playing the PS4 version of the game with no FOV. They still don't have a next gen version of Warzone even though they were working on it over a year ago.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
My biggest issue with Caldera is that I'm on PS5 playing the PS4 version of the game with no FOV. They still don't have a next gen version of Warzone even though they were working on it over a year ago.
The Office Reaction GIF

-hadouken

- Caldera is a good map.
- Ground Loot is garbage
- Loadout situation could go both ways how people feel about it, I like the previous way but I'm willing to give this a shot

Yep, bizarre that we’re still stuck with the PS4 version despite the relaunch. Tired of reconstructed 1440P!

CitizenZ

Banned
So on the map is huge thing, I really, really think they were/ are going to try to push the player count per map to the rumor from a yr ago to 250.

Currently there is a play test for PUBG like game where you get powers, but one of the must have changes is the starting circle is based on the amount of players.

chonga

Hopped in having not played WZ in a long while.

All the footage looks so vibrant and colourful, but in game it looks like a washed out mess. What's up with that?

And the footsteps are comically loud. You can hear people from a mile away even if you're deep in a building and they're outside, quite some distance from you.

carlosrox

Banned
So on the map is huge thing, I really, really think they were/ are going to try to push the player count per map to the rumor from a yr ago to 250.

Currently there is a play test for PUBG like game where you get powers, but one of the must have changes is the starting circle is based on the amount of players.

This would make sense. I'm surprised how massive it is. If you drop down into one area it feels like it's a chunk of Verdansk's size. I love the variety and density, but I have gotten the feeling a few times that it might be too big for its own good.

I can't stress how cool the areas are, not only from a conceptual standpoint but graphically. Looks amazing.

ps. I was totally under the impression that Plunder wasn't gonna make launch and might be added in a few weeks. But it's there! Thank god! As I've mentioned before, I recommend Plunder as the way to play this game. So much funner. Way better pace. Use whatever loadout you want, and infinite respawns. My only issue with Plunder is sometimes people rush the fucking round so things end REAL quick. Pretty fucking annoying actually, just let me play the game instead of rushing for 1st place ya dorks!

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Anyone else on PC getting regular crashes? Giving me an error.

Happens pretty regularly, to me, my brother, and my buddy.

Can't wait til they fix this.

And yeah, a lot of Plunder rounds are going by WAY too quickly. Some lame exploit people know to get money super fast? Rounds shouldn't last only, like, 5 minutes.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Anyone else on PC getting regular crashes? Giving me an error.

Happens pretty regularly, to me, my brother, and my buddy.

Can't wait til they fix this.

And yeah, a lot of Plunder rounds are going by WAY too quickly. Some lame exploit people know to get money super fast? Rounds shouldn't last only, like, 5 minutes.
I tried playing Cold War today after the new 300mb patch and now the game crashes right before every match starts making the game unplayable for me.

carlosrox

Banned
PC Master Race huh?

lol how I wish PCs were as stable and consistent as consoles.

Yeah it's some weird error code and it crashes to desktop. Luckily it's fast and doesn't lock up my PC but we all have to hop out of the lobby if one of us crashes so we can continue together. It's annoying as fuck.

nikos

- Caldera is a good map.
- Ground Loot is garbage
Not sure how much I like the map yet, but I agree with all of this.

Darchaos

So ive been playing Vanguard since release, and the battlepass is even more confusing then the story of Destiny. So What do i need to be able to use all the shit recived from the 2? Different battlepasses and to be able to play on the new map? Which i guess ofcourse have nothing to do with Vanguard? Is this a mix of Destiny, Halo and Cod and Battlefield, do i need all of there gamepasses???

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Looks so awesome, a shame its a BR game.

Game is pretty much unplayable for those of us who use mouse with toggle ADS. Anytime somebody nearby mounts, the gun will ADS on its own.

Lol what the fuck 🤣

Marvel

could never
Love the map.

Hate the the constant plane noises and anti air explosions above. Hate the loadout situation just revert it please.

No FOV.

Lots of gun glitches turning my weapon to spikes so I can't see what I wanna shoot and have to drop my loadout gun for something off the ground. Vanguard weapons imo kinda suck, too much visual recoil and feel kinda inaccurate.

Tarnpanzer

So ive been playing Vanguard since release, and the battlepass is even more confusing then the story of Destiny. So What do i need to be able to use all the shit recived from the 2? Different battlepasses and to be able to play on the new map? Which i guess ofcourse have nothing to do with Vanguard? Is this a mix of Destiny, Halo and Cod and Battlefield, do i need all of there gamepasses???

Hmm?

There is just one single battlepass for both games which u can level in either Vanguard or Warzone. You don´t need the BP to play the new map.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Watched my Son play it on Series S, the texture pop in is terrible. Also sound pause's now and again and as someone said looks washed out.
Seems really buggy.
Does it support adaptive trigger s on PS5 ?

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
a shame its a BR game.

Plunder exists. It's a completely different game mode that exists in this game and it's fantastic.

See, this is one of the reasons why it's a bit of a shame people who don't like BR will assume this game is just BR. Not sure why in the trailer for this game they literally don't even mention the mode exists. The first Warzone trailer at least showed Plunder front and center. Not sure why the trailer for Pacific didn't even mention it. Pretty bizarre (and dumb) move I think.

I don't agree with BR hate, but I totally understand why people find it extremely annoying to play.

But yeah, anyone who doesn't like BR can totally ignore it and play Plunder, it's way the hell more enjoyable.

carlosrox

Banned

Game is pretty much unplayable for those of us who use mouse with toggle ADS. Anytime somebody nearby mounts, the gun will ADS on its own.

OMG is this why my gun was ADSing on its own a bunch?!?!?!?!

I literally set my ADS to hold earlier today because of this.

If this is the reason why that's fucked!! Gonna need to test this with my bro/buddy tomorrow. Thank you so much!

If this is the case then obviously it's a bug and will get fixed.

Honestly though I could get used to hold ADS. But yeah I still prefer toggle.

Wow wow wow if this is the reason why lol.

----

Short clip I just made. Those new flame canisters are deadly.

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
I played this with my friends last night. It's fun (and frustrating), but no Modern Warfare 2. God I miss that game...

I would pay good money for a MW2 Multiplayer Remaster. Honestly the absolute peak of Call Of Duty games.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Honestly the absolute peak of Call Of Duty games.

No way. Respectfully strongly disagree. WZ Verdansk and Pacific got every COD before its number, and I loved some of those games to death. WZ is just too good.

Anyways here's another small clip.
tenor.gif

The_Mike

Plunder exists. It's a completely different game mode that exists in this game and it's fantastic.

See, this is one of the reasons why it's a bit of a shame people who don't like BR will assume this game is just BR. Not sure why in the trailer for this game they literally don't even mention the mode exists. The first Warzone trailer at least showed Plunder front and center. Not sure why the trailer for Pacific didn't even mention it. Pretty bizarre (and dumb) move I think.

I don't agree with BR hate, but I totally understand why people find it extremely annoying to play.

But yeah, anyone who doesn't like BR can totally ignore it and play Plunder, it's way the hell more enjoyable.

I know about plunder, which isn't interesting to me as well. It's just br with infinite spawns.

It's not really cod like, as cod has always been about finding an enemy within a minute, whereas it can take ages to find enemies even in plunder.

"well then just buy the newest cod"

No, because I really like the idea of a cod being a GaaS instead of restarting every year.

Rac3r

My positive impressions are:
The map is good, has tons of potential.

Neutral:
Pretty much identical gameplay to Verdansk. Not a bad thing but could be more exciting.

What I don’t like:
Probably the buggiest game I’ve played since cyberpunk on PS5 last December. Guns don’t properly render, sound is glitchy, frequent crashes, etc.

The game took a huge step back graphically on next gen consoles because for some reason they didn’t include high res texture packs for the new map. It looks way worse than Verdansk.

No FOV on PS5/Series X is a meme at this point. It’s been the most requested feature for over a year now and Raven Software’s communication has been dogshit. Either they’re incompetent or they don’t want parity between console and PC for some reason.

carlosrox

Banned
It's just br with infinite spawns.

What? How so? That doesn't even make sense. You have an objective to collect money and kill people, along with contracts, and doing pretty much whatever you want.

If anything it's just like regular COD except you drop down when you spawn and you're in an open world. You can play it however you want. You can just go for kills and be as aggressive as you want. It's not hard to drop down in a hot spot, pick up a contract that'll keep spawning you in the area, getting vehicles to hunt guys down, etc. For me the best way to think of this is simply as an open world COD MP game - at least in Plunder. I mean obviously it won't have the same pace as TDM or something but it's also not as slow as the BR mode. Plunder is a nice happy medium.

I do agree that sometimes you can get stretches without seeing people and admittedly it does seem to be even more of an issue with this map because it's even bigger than Verdansk but when you get those rounds going where it's nonstop craziness it's just incredible.

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
No way. Respectfully strongly disagree. WZ Verdansk and Pacific got every COD before its number, and I loved some of those games to death. WZ is just too good.

Anyways here's another small clip.
tenor.gif

BR games are not my cup of tea.

I know a lot of people did not like MW2 as it was over the top with the killstreaks, but goddamn it was fun as fuck.

My friends and me played Warzone @ Verdansk for over a year. In spite of crossplay and cheating going out of hand we mostly enjoyed our sessions.

However, the Pacific update is unplayable for us.
- Still crossplay and thus an enormous number of cheaters. The previously advertised anti cheat program obviously does not work.
- The game feels extremely laggy and choppy. No comparison to the 120 Hz mode on Verdansk (XSX).
- No FOV slider. Some weapons are so big that they cover 2/5 of the screen. This is a clear disadvantage compared to pc players who can go up to 120° FOV
- In our opinion the map design is suboptimal for a Battle Royale mode. Far too much free space. No comparison with the ingeniously designed Verdansk.

RIP Verdansk :messenger_crying:

I'm pretty sure verdansk was much sharper on series x , the map is good but the texture detail and overall quality of graphics is a huge downgrade

Could it be that there is currently no current gen version of Warzone Pacific? This would explain the subpar graphics and framerates ons PS5/XSS/XSX.

A well-known German youtuber addresses exactly this point in one of his videos (WARZONE PACIFIC auf KONSOLE ist EINE FRECHHEIT - YouTube). Timestamp 00:20 - 00:30.

Darchaos

Hmm?

There is just one single battlepass for both games which u can level in either Vanguard or Warzone. You don´t need the BP to play the new map.
Ah, i see now that its a new pass, for season one. I confused it with the previous wich also included drops for example Warzone.

carlosrox

Banned
My brother on the drone.

Admittedly this was a nothing round where people rushed the fucking score and the whole thing ended in like 5 mins but at least there was this consolation prize at the end.

The_Mike

What? How so? That doesn't even make sense. You have an objective to collect money and kill people, along with contracts, and doing pretty much whatever you want.

If anything it's just like regular COD except you drop down when you spawn and you're in an open world. You can play it however you want. You can just go for kills and be as aggressive as you want. It's not hard to drop down in a hot spot, pick up a contract that'll keep spawning you in the area, getting vehicles to hunt guys down, etc. For me the best way to think of this is simply as an open world COD MP game - at least in Plunder. I mean obviously it won't have the same pace as TDM or something but it's also not as slow as the BR mode. Plunder is a nice happy medium.

I do agree that sometimes you can get stretches without seeing people and admittedly it does seem to be even more of an issue with this map because it's even bigger than Verdansk but when you get those rounds going where it's nonstop craziness it's just incredible.

When you compare plunder to a standard cod game mode like tdm, domination or ctf, then it's very slow compared to this. Which is what I don't like.

Warzone plunder feels more like a battlefield gamemode, and I am more of a cod player than BF player.

In standard cod you instant spawn and are immediately dropped into combat, whereas in Warzone I have wait time spawning by being dropped down, and then I have to find the enemies that are just not popping up but instead add on a big ass map.

It's just bog regular cod and I don't enjoy it. And I played every cod each year up until mw2019

Marvel

could never
Still no FoV option and now it doesn't run at 120 fps on XSX anymore. Doesn't even feel 60 fps anymore, more like 40-50 fps.
It's not 120 on series x anymore?

Edit: Just checked, my tv says it is. *shrug*

Last edited:

matty3092

Just hopped on for the first time since the Pacific update and yep seems 120hz is gone and its choppy as all he'll now not even stable 60 now. Oddly haven't seen anyone say this is a problem on ps5 just seems to be series x atm

Amaranty

There's a thread on Warzone subreddit, where people are reporting the same issue.

The TV might report it running at 120 fps, but in reality it's max 60. Though honestly it feels below 60.

Top Bottom