• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Warzone - Pacific |OT?| It's Free to Play, and it's Spectacular!

HTK

Banned
You’re appalled?

It’s a free game bro, chill out.

Yes, appalled. I think after saying you're working on a Next-Gen upgrade a year ago, it's not so crazy to have expectations that it might be ready by now. They already have it more or less on PC, not to mention Warzone made them 3 billions dollars since 2020. So it's not like they don't have profits from this "FREE" game.

NinjaBoiX

Yes, appalled. I think after saying you're working on a Next-Gen upgrade a year ago, it's not so crazy to have expectations that it might be ready by now. They already have it more or less on PC, not to mention Warzone made them 3 billions dollars since 2020. So it's not like they don't have profits from this "FREE" game.
Oh yeah, it’s definitely disappointing. It’d be nice to have a proper next gen version, but it’s not like I’ve paid for it, and it’s not like it’s been promised or anything.

Calling it “appalling” seems a little strong, just saying.

Marvel

could never
There's a thread on Warzone subreddit, where people are reporting the same issue.

The TV might report it running at 120 fps, but in reality it's max 60. Though honestly it feels below 60.
Interesting.

Hopefully it's patched soon. I'll try out PS5 version today and see if I can see/feel a difference.

TheShocker

Playing on Series X. Seems like performance is worse than Verdansk. Weapons glitches, audio cut outs, poor weapon balance, cheaters still present. Not to mention the map is a mountain climbing simulator with poor mantle/movement.

I have close to 600 hours in Warzone, but this might be the end of my time with the game. Raven Software has proven yet again they cannot manage the game.

Weapons need severe balancing or they need to start vaulting guns. With this many levels of customization per gun, over 3 different gamers/weapons sets, too many guns end up broken and abused.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I’ve said this before and will again:

where’s the legit PS5 and Series X apps? What in the hell is taking so damn long?

Just my pure speculation and nothing more: true next-gen Warzone will be launched in 2023 some time after Modern Warfare 2022 is out. MW2022 will be the first true 9th gen cod with no PS4 or XBONE versions. So in the meantime they are just holding off on dedicated versions for Warzone 1.

FlyyGOD

This game is glitchy as hell. Im having trouble accepting game requests. I keep getting the boot back to home screen. Also my brother is getting messages that a keyboard and mouse is connected even though it isnt.

Marvel

could never
If your xsx is set to 120hz, then that's what your tv will receive, since it's a system wide setting like on a pc; doesn't mean the game is at 120 fps though.
Got you.

And I've been playing on PS5 all day, yeah major difference. SX definitely not 120 rn, bummer.

carlosrox

Banned
Oh man the pace in Plunder felt a lot better tonight. Some GGs!!!!

Was starting to get a bit worried I felt like we weren't seeing much action in our games but tonight felt a lot better for whatever reason!

Tumle

anybody getting extreem lag in pregame lobbies, that sometimes also continues in game..?
every game last night was unplayable..
the framerate for me is smooth, but the apposing players look like 5 fps stop motion cartoons and are teleporting around...

carlosrox

Banned
anybody getting extreem lag in pregame lobbies, that sometimes also continues in game..?
every game last night was unplayable..
the framerate for me is smooth, but the apposing players look like 5 fps stop motion cartoons and are teleporting around...

Don't stick around when you get in games like that. It's a server thing. Just leave and try again.

----

Saw some loser hanging out under the map somewhere, killing me and my team. I thought he was walling. Saw on his kill cam he was right under us.

Then after he wiped us he got wiped too, I landed on a Juggernaut, and he tried to be a little shield pussy. All 3 of us got 1 kill on him each and thus got good revenge on that puss. Not only does he go under the map for kills but he's a little shield shit too. So lame.

Players like that are absolute trash.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
🎧🎵🎶it a warzone, ita shoot out every day🎧🎵🎶

Its peaked my interest, infinity wards graphics tech is some of the best.

Last edited:

Tumle

had a game last night where i was killed when I was in cover of a house, but on the kill cam i was standing in the middle of the street.. :/
also noticed sometimes that i get a kill like half a second later of me firing my last bullet on the enemy. I'm not using any special bullet types.. Its just like there is a lag on the kill.. hope they get these servers fixed soon..

Last edited:

Mojoraisin

Tried for a few rounds. It's pretty OK but buggy as hell. I am no graphics freak as long as the game play is tight, but for this genre I think it's important. It's just embarrassingly bad looking, even for a last gen game, compared to competition (Battlefield series for example). One of the worlds best selling series and still way behind here. I guess all the money went to yachts and Wine yards on Capri.

Anyone had Ricochet install yet? Heard it had launched today. Hoping to see positive results when it comes to preventing the majority of cheaters. It was getting unbearable in Verdansk.

Even if it cuts out like 80% of them, then that would go some way to improving the game.

carlosrox

Banned
PSA: There's been a pretty big update.

My buddy claimed it was 20gb, I'm seeing 5.76gb. Edit: Wait now it says 17gb remaining so I guess it was 20. Pretty big update...

Apparently that ADS glitch is now gone nikos nikos , along with some exploitable holes in the ground like the one I saw the other night.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

The map is excellent and so is vanguard royale. The problem is verdansk was slightly better so the best solution would be keeping both maps and being able to play both.
Plus being an island it looks like shit without next gen support compared to Farcry 6 IMHO.

carlosrox

Banned
What's with people saying it looks ugly? Looks pretty gorgeous to me.

-----

I had some really rough games tonight until my last 2 and really got into a good place. And goddamn they need to fix the money drop rate in Plunder or something. Some of these rounds go by lightning fast and I'm not liking it one bit. It wasn't this bad in Verdansk. You'd definitely get some quick games but not this quick, this often. Feeling like I'm getting tons of games that are like 5 mins long.

The other night we were playing Trios and hit 1mil within like 4 mins without even trying at all and seeing nobody until the final minutes of the round after Overtime hit. That absolutely should not happen. We got tons of money and won with next to no resistance, in only a few minutes, completely unintentionally.

I legitimately want them to change this, cuz it's even spoiling my enjoyment lately.

LET ME PLAY LONGER ROUNDS!

nikos

PSA: There's been a pretty big update.

My buddy claimed it was 20gb, I'm seeing 5.76gb. Edit: Wait now it says 17gb remaining so I guess it was 20. Pretty big update...

Apparently that ADS glitch is now gone nikos nikos , along with some exploitable holes in the ground like the one I saw the other night.
Believe it or not, I got used to hold to ADS almost immediately and it has become second nature. Not sure I’ll go back to toggle. Never thought I’d say that.

This update broke my ability to launch the game through battle.net. Did a fresh install of both the client and game. Have to run modernwarfare.exe directly for now. Seeing others are having the same issue.

Mobilemofo

Oh yeah, it’s definitely disappointing. It’d be nice to have a proper next gen version, but it’s not like I’ve paid for it, and it’s not like it’s been promised or anything.

Calling it “appalling” seems a little strong, just saying.
maybe downgrade it to 'tut' worthy. (also includes an eyeroll)

Tumle

What's with people saying it looks ugly? Looks pretty gorgeous to me.

-----

I had some really rough games tonight until my last 2 and really got into a good place. And goddamn they need to fix the money drop rate in Plunder or something. Some of these rounds go by lightning fast and I'm not liking it one bit. It wasn't this bad in Verdansk. You'd definitely get some quick games but not this quick, this often. Feeling like I'm getting tons of games that are like 5 mins long.

The other night we were playing Trios and hit 1mil within like 4 mins without even trying at all and seeing nobody until the final minutes of the round after Overtime hit. That absolutely should not happen. We got tons of money and won with next to no resistance, in only a few minutes, completely unintentionally.

I legitimately want them to change this, cuz it's even spoiling my enjoyment lately.

LET ME PLAY LONGER ROUNDS!
the loot drop is very generous in all modes.. usually have money for loadout with in the first 2 min. that was not the case on Verdansk...
So its heartbreaking that you can't buy loadout before the drop..

HTK

Banned
Since the big update I've had 6 soft crashes, the game has become super choppy, FPS drops all over the place. Ground loot has been improved, just a lot of issues that need to be addressed.

Huggers

Really enjoying the game. Pretty new to it having rinsed Vanguard. What AR's and snipers are people using?

carlosrox

Banned
What AR's and snipers are people using?

I play everything so I don't know what I like yet. I'm also using exclusively Vanguard weapons for now.

I just started using the Double Barrel Shotgun and it's greatness.

Kar98k seems to be a rather solid Sniper. G43 has very low recoil for a marksman rifle.

Automaton I like as an AR so far.

Admittedly a lot of the guns seem to have a similar feel so far, and my levels aren't super high with anything yet so it's tough to choose a favorite. It'll take me a loooong while to upgrade everything. And I do mean everything. I really do like using ALL weapon types. I could focus on what I'm best at and be boring and safe but I enjoy playing everything.

Edit: Why the fuck do they keep getting rid of Plunder trios/quads?!?! STOP DOING THAT!!!

UGH.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Okay whoa wait what?!

So Plunder DUOS is on (never ever seen this before, is this a first?!) but the cash limit is now at 2 million?!?!

Did they already fix the stupidly short rounds thing or is this some weird experiment?!

I dropped by myself to try Plunder Duos out and the rounds have felt super long!

Don't tease me like this! If they made the rounds longer ima be one happy boy!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jonathan Ferguson, a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries, breaks down the weaponry of Call Of Duty: Warzone, including a gold sniper rifle, a variety of MP5s, and the British EM-2 assault rifle.

In the latest video in the Firearm Expert Reacts series, Jonathan Ferguson--a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries--breaks down the guns of Call Of Duty: Warzone and compares them to their real-life counterparts.

carlosrox

Banned
At least for now, Plunder is indeed set to 2m and I haven't seen a single win yet which means I've seen nothing but HALF HOUR ROUNDS since the change.

I am in heaven. Half. Hour. Rounds.

Raven, NEVER change this. This is very much what me and my trio squad wanted. We asked for this.

carlosrox

Banned
What the hell machine gun is he using that has zero recoil?

Ask myself that same question every time I die to that shit.

Some guns with certain attachments are like no recoil whatsoever.

Sure wish I had that.

Oh and console auto aim can be extremely aggressive at times. Just saw a killcam last night where I had the guy stunned, I jump off a ledge, and he still lasers on me mid jump, while stunned, meaning he auto aimed the shit out of me. I remember asking when I died how the hell he got me so clean while clearly stunned. It was absurd.

Top Bottom