• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

Where's CFB GAF? Some decent games on and this is a ghost town.

I'm in full on winter break hibernation. Going to get some food and get ready for the Orange Bowl in a bit.

I've found myself not caring as much about the non NYS bowls (my team's game excluded of course) as in previous years. I think the whole bit about the playoff devaluing the bowl system is accurate.

Really just been monitoring the UGA/TCU and UT/Nebraska games today while I'm out and about.

I'll be completely focused on the orange bowl tonight though.

HeySeuss

That matchup preview for the Orange bowl was laughable. Jabril Peppers with 3 TDS and 753 all purpose yards vs the dude from FSU with 15 TDS and 1600+ rushing yards. Still don't see the Peppers hype. I mean, sure he's a good athlete, but he's not even the best defensive player on his team.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in full on winter break hibernation. Going to get some food and get ready for the Orange Bowl in a bit.

I've found myself not caring as much about the non NYS bowls (my team's game excluded of course) as in previous years. I think the whole bit about the playoff devaluing the bowl system is accurate.

I think the bowl system devalued the bowl system when they added so many bowls they couldn't even fill them all with teams with 6-6 or better records.

witness

Got free tickets at work today for the Citrus Bowl tomorrow and I really couldn't care less. Anyone in the Orlando area want them? Shoot me a PM.

ryseing

South Alabama and Airforce are playing a bowl game on a channel that doesn't exist for me

It's that American Sports Network thing right? We played a regular season game on there against a Sun Belt team a couple of years ago. The presentation was... something. I've seen high school AV departments with better production values.

Finally I am at home when a big game is showing live on TV here.

Michigan v FSU - two teams GAF loves to hate. Im on the Harbaugh train (with $50 on them at -7pts).

ryseing

TIL Twitter has a sports highlights show.

The places we can watch TV just get weirder and weirder.

There's a fucking umpire cam Jesus Christ.

Lkr

Don't understand why Michigan is favored by 7, but I guess it will make things easier to swallow if FSU loses

Go Noles

Edit: witness I would definitely take you up on your generous offer if I was at home in Orlando and not visiting my family for New Years.

Don't understand why Michigan is favored by 7, but I guess it will make things easier to swallow if FSU loses

Go Noles

Edit: witness I would definitely take you up on your generous offer if I was at home in Orlando and not visiting my family for New Years.
Go noles, atleast I can I can still cheer for them, can't say the same for clemson

Go Noles

No, it will not.

I live 20 minutes from Ann Arbor, and I already raided the offices of all my peers with FSU iconography before going on vacation. I MUST return to work tomorrow with a W.

andycapps

No doubt. Way to shit the bed and represent the B1G.
I want every other team in the conference but mine to lose. If they lose, it's better for us in recruiting, among other things. Especially if they recruit our state heavily.

Plus, I have no reason to root for anyone else.

HeySeuss

I want every other team in the conference but mine to lose. If they lose, it's better for us in recruiting, among other things. Especially if they recruit our state heavily.

Plus, I have no reason to root for anyone else.

What? No SEC SEC SEC? I didn't think that was allowed down there

Lkr

No, it will not.

I live 20 minutes from Ann Arbor, and I already raided the offices of all my peers with FSU iconography before going on vacation. I MUST return to work tomorrow with a W.
I'm holding off talking too much shit before this...but if FSU can't stop Michigan's boring pro style offense I will be very disappointed.

Steve Levy looks like an orange on my TV right now

Edit: no Peppers? espn still buying into his hype I see lol

Bowl sponsors really do just get stranger and stranger.

I mean, it's somewhat of a trend. I remember Mr. Robot premiering on Twitter for it's second season for at leas one episode.

We'll see what internet providers have to say about that once net neutrality gets nuked, though.

Oh wow. Either way, you're screwed

They're (disgustingly) fair-weather here, unlike down South like where I just visited in Alabama.

Like, they lose to OSU and then stopped caring. Some of them in the office didn't even know why someone would put FSU icons on their desktops.

It's for personal pride.

HeySeuss

Peppers out for the game. I'm thinking he didn't want to play his last game before going into the draft but because the backlash that the others got for sitting out he didn't want the negative press.

Michigan gonna take that L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom