• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just doesn't make sense when Lars describes the guys as an "NFL scout who I trust." Not some random quack on twitter.

I said the scout sounded like a quack I've seen on twitter saying something similar, not that he was him. Lars saying he trusts the guy doesn't really have anything to do with it, no matter his alma mater. What are you talking about?

Let's be real, Bama will probably win by 50.

Your sarcasm is impressive. Give yourselves credit. If we can't withstand y'all's initial onslaught, we could absolutely have problems.

Kevtones

Bama fans are known for going through these emotions before big games. It's this weird PTSD-like symptom from their chokefestival against Utah some years back.

So I wanted to comment on Saban little rant about the playoff diminishing the rest of the bowls. Thanks, your feedback as the coach of a team that will always suffer from the non playoff bowls not garnering interest I truly appreciate your input. More coaches in your position, a team with a year in year out battle to get respect and a fair shot at a playoff birth should speak about the atrocity that 1 extra game has created. Surely we don't need more playoff teams, we need less. Players we would never exploit may get injured! In fact we should ban all out of conference games and eliminate the post season while we can.

How about we use a point system. Every team starts off with zero. Exceptions include the entirity of the SEC and Big ten who will start at 75 points, because they have to be better every year then any team in another conference, and we don't need head to head match ups to prove what we already know.

Out of conference wins, whenever they just must be played, count for 1 point. Conference wins count as double points. Loses count as -25, unless it's to Penn St then you don't lose any points, and Penn St immediately gets bumped to the top 10, because surely they deserved it. If at the end of the regular season, the completely fairly evaluated Sec and Big Ten champs are even, then we can either award both the NC, or take turns handing the trophy back and forth every night for the following year on sports center.

Thanks again Nick for your "everymans" coaches opinion on the situation

Disclaimer- screw the playoff comittee, 8 teams or bust, but Mike leach is still crazy

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I said the scout sounded like a quack I've seen on twitter saying something similar, not that he was him. Lars saying he trusts the guy doesn't really have anything to do with it, no matter his alma mater.
Lars isn't a graduate of UA?

mre

I know this is college basketball, but this is funny as hell: http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/watch-auburn-player-sneaks-into-uga-huddle/

giphy.gif

It's going to be hard to watch the game with all the NYE festivities going on but goddammit I'm gonna watch every second.

Nice OP

cdyhybrid

I wouldn't fault Allen, Foster, and Williams if they sat out of this game to prepare for the draft.

I'm just throwing it out there!

mre

It was always going to be a tOSU bama national championship game. Destiny and all that.
My favorite part of this season is how all of college football conspired against Louisville to make this outcome a possibility.

Ganhyun

TCU's DLine is so weak. If Georgia keeps pounding the ball with Chubb they'll win pretty easily

But our OLINE is pure trash this year.

Georgia's offense is playing like shit.

Our OLINE is a big reason for that I'd say (haven't been able to watch the game but saw Chubb with 13 yards at halftime so assume its more of the same old same old from them)

Edit: I see Andy already covered the obvious, lol.

tebunker

Banned

You can't ask this and not bring the wood in to the house. You want a fire, start a fire.

I left all my good Hoodoo at RBR years ago. Specifically for 2009, specifically talking about the 1998 Alabama Vs BYU game on ESPN, Myself at BDS, and a Gatorade bottle filled with Whiskey Sour. Words were said, actions were taken, I wouldn't believe I had been there if it weren't for my mom seeing me on the intro back from a commercial break. I will still apologize to this day to other people in the student section.

Oh and your hoodoo better be amazing, none of those, I crapped my draws type stories, which are okay for like the Kent state game, no you need to bring Ironbowl/SECCG/LSWho levels of hoodoo now.

------------------

As for the actual game, I believe we have said it before but it comes down to line play. The last time UW faced a truly talented D-line they lost, and I would argue that Alabama's front four is a magnitude greater than USCw's.

If you watch film from this season, Alabama plays in a base Nickel more than almost any other formation defensively. There are gaps in passing, see UF first quarter, that get closed eventually, but they make hay by stuffing your run game with 4-5 dudes tops. UW won't win if they can't get at least a little help on the run.

I honestly think UW score first, and puts up 21-28 total, but I think Alabama score 35-42 points due to NOTs and attrition. Without the crazy plays or turnovers it is hard to beat a team that can go 3 deep in a lot of positions with high level talent. I just don't see UW holding up across a whole game. UW can win, they have the skill players to score, I just honestly believe a lot has to go their way.

Also this is a great write up about the game, it uses, gasp, stats, I know I know, but I am an analyst, so stats are my thing...

The Big XII adopted Butch's "champions for life" motto?

It was always going to be a tOSU bama national championship game. Destiny and all that.

This is certainly what everyone wants, myself included, but I seriously doubt anOSU is gonna beat Clemson. OSU being the favorite seems weird. I don't think they have enough offense, that elite defense aside.

andycapps

Whew, glad our season is over. As much crap as I give our OL, they had a great second half and finally made some room for Chubb and Michel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom